It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi MPs back plan to expel US troops.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

I also support Trump, and agree with you. I voted for him to get us out of places like the Middle East, where even the so-called 'good guys' are bad … and often loathe the United States irreparably already.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: gortex

The Shia in the southern part of Iraq would probably feel safer with Iranians (also Shia).

The other 2/3rds of Iraq that are Sunni?

Not so much I would imagine.

But like you say, their country, their choice. Respect.

You got your numbers wrong.

64% of Iraqis are Shi'ite. 31% are Sunni. Primarily in Anbar Province and areas around Tikrit (Saddam Hussein's birth town).

It is one of the reasons the Iraqi Government adopted an Iran-aligned stance after Saddam was ousted.

edit on 512020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I hope this happens. We need to get out of that endless mess.

We agree, but I think both of us know what this is really about.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I was talking geographic area on the map being 1/3 Shia (south), and 2/3 Sunni (middle - like Anbar, and north, including Mosul). Sorry, didn't mean to confuse area with population, but I wasn't specific; so, my bad!

edit on 5-1-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: removed a word, because: I don't work for the department of redundancey department

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Iraqi parliament calling for US troops to leave, exactly what Soleimani wanted. But it’s not over yet. Now a constitutional battle as current Iraqi prime minister had already submitted his resignation, heading a caretaker gov’t which can't pass laws if I'm understanding the Iraq legalese jargon. Soooo, military crisis and now political crisis too.

Please stand-by while we switch tactics. The US-led Coalition has just suspended operations against ISIS in Iraq, as resources are reassigned to protect American facilities and personnel.

CJTF-OIR Statement on the ongoing Defeat Daesh Mission

C-17s & C-5 Galaxy's been flying to/fro Fort Bragg/Middle East 24/7 for past few days. Gotta assume it's another huge build-up of troops & equipment. I don't think the MIC will give up Iraq anytime soon.

A claimed Hezbollah twitter account tweeting coordinates of a supposed coalition base target.
twitter.com...

Helo base
twitter.com...

Airstrikes & skirmishes all over Iraq, Israel buzzing Lebanon Hezbollah, airstrike in Libya yesterday, and terrorist strike on a US military outpost in Kenya (Camp Simba) last night.

I support Trump but, this seems like a 'Perfect' storm of chaos that's going to further fuel the endless wars.
Now we're back to a mass state of readiness & paranoia. As the World Turns.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Who took the first swipe in this altercation?

USA, 1953.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
I say we pull out and then move into israel. then we take the west bank,and gaza as military bases,deporting the Fakestinians to Iraq or iran.

You go first..everyone will be behind you

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Who took the first swipe in this altercation?

USA, 1953.

So very, very true..and ignored fact.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A war that should have never happened and a place we should have left a long time ago.

Iraq

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I hope this happens. We need to get out of that endless mess.

The best way out of the middle East is to bomb the # out of Iran and kill one of their generals. Easy peasey.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Title should have been "Iraqi MPs (whom were appointed by Iran) back plan to expel US troops.

my opinion, leave, its not like that its going to get better over there, it has been a schit hole ever since it has been invaded and handed over to the shiat whom are in charge right now, so bring it on.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So long and thanks for nothing.
Let them play in their own sandbox.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Did they tell us, IF you don't like it, you can giiiiiiiit out?

Cuz that would #ing hilarious.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Good. Get our people and our money out of the area. Completely out of Iraq and Iran. They are not our allies and we should maintain no allegiance to countries that not only want our demise but actually plan to murder us. Two faced evil little countries that hate us and want to kill us. No thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm not surprised by their reaction, and frankly, most of us don't want our troops there either.

Bring 'em home! It's been long enough.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
People aren’t even focusing on the real problem: what is the US doing in Iraq fighting Iranian Militias?

Isis is supposed to be dead, right?

The US should just leave Iraq unless invited in by Iraq, and obviously now because of this, they want them out.

Sure they want to get American troops out, the US is just doing what they want to do in a sovereign country

Hasn’t the US done enough in Iraq?

So what is America doing in Iraq bombing people?

edit on 5-1-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So what is America doing in Iraq bombing people? 

Getting out of the middle East of course, it's like an illness it gets worse before it gets better.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: yuppa
I say we pull out and then move into israel. then we take the west bank,and gaza as military bases,deporting the Fakestinians to Iraq or iran.

You go first..everyone will be behind you

Oh i seem to need the SARCASM tags. My bad. i thought it was so obvious that i woudnt need them.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
So long and thanks for nothing.
Let them play in their own sandbox.

They're ungrateful, just like Kurds.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: alldaylong

I hope they're prepared for sanctions.

There's the US idea of 'democracy' in action right there, give us your resources and let us do as we please in your country, or we'll choke you into submission

You do realize sanctions are not just the US ,yes ?

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
Got ta get one in before a little PC gaming.

Stick to the gaming

I like Denying Ignorance on ATS just as much
Most time it is easier
Speaking of which....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join