It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi MPs back plan to expel US troops.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Russia does not have capabilities for such a task. I think you are still seeing them through the lenses of their former glory under Soviet rule.

And really, China? They have utilizied other ways of controlling a country, they don't need oil. They will give you money, build roads, bridges, hospitals etc buy dying companies and save them and before you know it, they own that country. It's their strategy, and they are not keeping it secret.
edit on 702k2020Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
And with that, all I can say is lookout Venezuela. Cause with a total withdraw from the ME, the natural shift in US policy will be for us to regroup, and shore up things on this side of the planet. And Venezuela will become TOP priority.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: alldaylong

I say we leave, continue sanctions on Iran, and withhold all foreign aid to the entire region.

Then leave the Russians and Chinese to take up the slack and take over all that oil. good plan!!

Absolutely! We don't need their oil. It would, however, leave Israel in a very bad spot and we shouldn't do that. I'm actually in favor of turning most of the ME into a big glass pond but that won't happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Pompeo is now blaming Iran for 9-11 who knows maybe next year it will be Venezuela

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: watchitburn

I hope they're prepared for sanctions.

There's the US idea of 'democracy' in action right there, give us your resources and let us do as we please in your country, or we'll choke you into submission

More along the lines of, if you want to appease and facilitate a State sponsor of terrorism, be prepared to face the consequences.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

There's the US idea of 'democracy' in action right there, give us your resources and let us do as we please in your country, or we'll choke you into submission

More along the lines of, if you want to appease and facilitate a State sponsor of terrorism, be prepared to face the consequences.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Pompeo is now blaming Iran for 9-11 who knows maybe next year it will be Venezuela

And so is VP Pence...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok, we will leave Iran and leave them defend themselves against the power hungry leader of Iran. Iran was somewhat behind supporting the terrorists invading their country just a little while back, if we quit supporting Iraq, their country will be a slave of Iran and terrorists in a short time.

Those MPs do not have a clue as to how the Iranian leadership is.

If they kick us out, Trump will have to do the same thing Obama did, abandon the Iraqi people which will result in the same destruction they experienced before. The people in that area of the world are not very smart.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

And we just signed a trade agreement with China.

The world is not a perfect place.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hmm sounds like good news to me. I guess that’s one way to bring the troops home.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I think she means that Prince alwaleed bin talal was friends with this General and they were part of a network

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The 'war on terror' is terror and there ain't no bigger exponent of this than the United States of Aggression

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Just breaking now. Not much info so far.

Iraqi MPs have passed a resolution calling for foreign troops to leave the country after the US killed a top Iranian general in a drone strike at Baghdad airport last week.

Parliament in Baghdad also asked the Iraqi government to work to ban foreign forces from using Iraqi land, airspace or water for any reason

www.bbc.com...

Ummm...foreign forces...

So they’re stating they want the...Iranians gone back to Iran...

Bout time they wised up...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

To be honest I don't know much about Esmail Ghaani and have no idea where his allegiances lie.

Iranian politics is very complicated and it is impossible to separate the military from religion and politics, they are inextricably interwoven.
But there are many factions seeking power and control.

The Revolutionary Guard have been infiltrated by The Hojjiateh and many of them are now in positions of real influence.
I don't know if this includes the Quds Force.

The Hojjiateh's sole purpose is to forcibly create the conditions for the return of The Mahdi and all that entails.

Of course all of that could quite easily have nothing to do with what is going on at present and it could just be the usual nutjobs pissing anyone and everyone off.

I think if I was Iraqi I'd like to get rid of all foreign military personnel from my country and at least try to sort the crap out myself....but that simply is not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I am a strong supporter of President Trump. I think he's been great but damn this Iran crap. As exciting as all this has been, how many of you are like me and wish we (the USA) would just leave the Middle East all together?

Iran is so fundamentally extreme in their beliefs that they represent a real future danger to any country not governed by Islam. Okay, I get it but if we left the region for a few decades I'm sure the next generation wouldn't be nearly as hostile towards us. We should chalk the ME as a lost cause once and for all.

Come on President Trump. Deal with the issues closer to home like Mexico with their cartels and corrupt government. They are a much greater danger to our country being on our southern border than any country in the Middle East.

Ummm...you forgot the...”and nuke it from orbit”...part...

There’s always that option...Right...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The 'war on terror' is terror and there ain't no bigger exponent of this than the United States of Aggression

Ummm...terror for terrorists...terror for terrorists...AWK...

Anything else you wish to...parrot...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Only approved State sponsors of terrorism

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I say we pull out and then move into israel. then we take the west bank,and gaza as military bases,deporting the Fakestinians to Iraq or iran.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I hope this happens. We need to get out of that endless mess.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The Shia in the southern part of Iraq would probably feel safer with Iranians (also Shia).

The other 2/3rds of Iraq that are Sunni?

Not so much I would imagine.

But like you say, their country, their choice. Respect.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join