It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi MPs back plan to expel US troops.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just breaking now. Not much info so far.

Iraqi MPs have passed a resolution calling for foreign troops to leave the country after the US killed a top Iranian general in a drone strike at Baghdad airport last week.

Parliament in Baghdad also asked the Iraqi government to work to ban foreign forces from using Iraqi land, airspace or water for any reason

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I hope they're prepared for sanctions.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

2 factions but not a majority yet was the last I heard

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I say we leave, continue sanctions on Iran, and withhold all foreign aid to the entire region.

Then go fishing. Maybe take in a movie.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

There's the US idea of 'democracy' in action right there, give us your resources and let us do as we please in your country, or we'll choke you into submission

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

... but the interim gov need not to follow the advice, and leave it to the elected gov to take care of. After which, atleast 12 months to follow. So, nothing imminent as such.

edit on 5-1-2020 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Very true, and I'm eager to see how they plan on going through with this decision. Especially now when things will most likely escalate with Iran.

But at least the illusion that the United States has fought many wars to in the name of freedom and democracy and to liberate the people will end.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I dont think signing it 'please take us seriously' will help either -ps Im in Australia the apocalypse going on here is coming to the rest of y'all shortly,but this is not the place to elaborate on that.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

"All foreign troops" … I imagine that would also include Iranian personnel.

I think that may be a smart move for the Iraqis to make, as right now they are being played as expendable pawns by both sides of the US (and others) vs Iran (and others) conflict.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

All foreign troops, including Iranian?

a reply to: watchitburn

So you propose imposing sanctions on an already war torn and divided country because they want to expel foreign soldiers from their own country?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Well then lets pull out and leave them on their own. If that is what they want then lets grant them their wishes.
I'm all for it.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Parliament passed a "decision" to remove coalition forces from Iraq. Halbusi clarified that the cancellation of the agreement requires a legislation. A draft needs to be presented by the PM or the President, pass first and second reading, then a one year notice for withdrawal.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

There's the US idea of 'democracy' in action right there, give us your resources and let us do as we please in your country, or we'll choke you into submission

You do realize sanctions are not just the US ,yes ?

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
Got ta get one in before a little PC gaming.

edit on 1/5/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

All uninvited foreign troops I guess , Germany were planing a deployment so that looks in doubt.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out , it's Iraq's choice but it would be a bold move , they probably feel safer with Iran than America ... who can blame them.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's all foreign troops.

1. Revoke the security agreement with the US.
2. Remove all foreign troops from Iraq.
3. All weapons to be under control of the State.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am a strong supporter of President Trump. I think he's been great but damn this Iran crap. As exciting as all this has been, how many of you are like me and wish we (the USA) would just leave the Middle East all together?

Iran is so fundamentally extreme in their beliefs that they represent a real future danger to any country not governed by Islam. Okay, I get it but if we left the region for a few decades I'm sure the next generation wouldn't be nearly as hostile towards us. We should chalk the ME as a lost cause once and for all.

Come on President Trump. Deal with the issues closer to home like Mexico with their cartels and corrupt government. They are a much greater danger to our country being on our southern border than any country in the Middle East.
edit on 5-1-2020 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

a reply to: watchitburn

So you propose imposing sanctions on an already war torn and divided country because they want to expel foreign soldiers from their own country?

That's would be the safest/most peaceful solution for Iraq and the rest of the world as Sulemani's replacement is a hardline religious fanatic, though UK intel/Telegraph foreign desk claim it's aimed squarely at US forces. UK is sending more SAS there in the next few days, though their role is to evacuate any UK citizens and protect cargo ships due to looming US-Iran war, not to back up the US deployment (according to what's been made public anyway).

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

You do realize sanctions are not just the US ,yes ?

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
Got ta get one in before a little PC gaming.

Stick to the gaming

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I say we leave, continue sanctions on Iran, and withhold all foreign aid to the entire region.

Then leave the Russians and Chinese to take up the slack and take over all that oil. good plan!!

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Then leave the Russians and Chinese to take up the slack and take over all that oil. good plan!!

*shrugs*

Sure.

No "war for oil".

Let the Chinese and Russians spend their capital, destabilize the region and fight themselves.

edit on 5-1-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join