It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desertification and Drought is a result of Ice Ages - not AGW

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It's simple, really. The lower the temperature, the less water evaporates, and less rain falls back on land.

agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

We present a 6‐year simulation of the ice age atmosphere using the T21 Atmospheric General Circulation Model (AGCM) of the European Centre for Medium‐Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF).

(...)

The surface fields are the test data derived from the geological record on land, and they define the upper boundary conditions for simulating the glacial ocean. Model results are shown for the mean annual surface fields of temperature, wind, and precipitation.

(...)

The wind strength increased in mid‐latitudes and decreased in tropical trade wind regions. Precipitation did not change significantly in the global average; however, precipitation decreased over land and increased over the ocean. Most of the difference patterns between the present conditions and the ice age climate were statistically significant. The simulated surface climatology is roughly consistent with the paleogeological evidence

That Australian fire is NOT evidence of Anthropogenic Global Warming. It just doesn't work that way.

edit on 5-1-2020 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
yes, the high desert in Colorado had a lake 300 years ago.....tat gas slowly drained.....by the dunes there

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I read an article the other day that said Australia had to reconfigure its GPS as the whole continent had shifted 1.8 metres to the north.

Wonder if that has played any part with the fires starting and the drought? As i don't believe the fires had anything to do with global warming either, those fires have been building since September aparantely and fueled by quite a few arsonists according to news sites with the latest arrest being a 84 year old man would you believe.

Emotions are running high down under from what i can read and the need is to blame anything but themselves for their ignorance in preventative action.

edit on 5-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I see a small flaw in logic with fires and global warming

Start with up untell 100 or so years ago we didn't put wild fires out

So if co2 causes global warming
And global warming causes wild fires
And wild fires make co2
And co2 makes vegetation grow bigger
And more vegetation means more fires

The whole planet should be on fire but that's not happening

So one of these things must not be true can anyone guess witch one

edit on 5-1-2020 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Does AGW stand for All Gore Weather?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

A very large contributor is the Eucalyptus trees. Theyre volatile oil factories. Everypart is productive, but on really hot days the volatiles (essential oil etc) vaporize and ignite.

The tree is powerfully self propagating, dropping its leaves much the same way as a conifer drops its needles, only allowing its own progeny to root and mature.

I think the plants are pissed off at all the vegetarians

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Then why are most deserts in subtropical zones?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Then why are most deserts in subtropical zones?
Believe it or not... The Arctic holds 5,400,000sq miles of dessert, the Antarctic holds 5,500,000,
www.worldatlas.com...
edit on 5-1-2020 by BlueJacket because: fix

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

From 1990. Your source. But nice that your source was a good one.

In this article it appears from what I can read without paying for the privilege there is no specific reference to Anthropomorphic Global Warming.

One paper does not a scientific consensus make.

I can only assume your conclusion is based on secondary/tertiary sources which you do not cite.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I know that, that's why I said "most".

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

That Australian fire is NOT evidence of Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Unfortunately the propaganda machine has gone into overdrive. It's climate change and reality be damned.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Australia moves in a generally northerly direction at about 7cm per year. Professional Surveyors are now required to update what you would essentially call Australias' Map Projection prior to undertaking any work with GPS. This is a legal requirement as they determine property boundaries.

Wonder if that has played any part with the fires starting and the drought?

No. The following from a recent post;

Many of the fires have been lit deliberately. Many have also been started by dry lightning and, as a result of super hot days, spontaneous combustion.

The current fire conditions were forecast last year in about September. Let that sink in for a moment.

There was (is) a Sudden Stratospheric Warming (SSW) event that has forced a collapse of late spring & early summer rains. The SSW has also brought temperatures that are well above average, to say the least. We knew this was coming, it was forecast and modelled, the data is all there if you'd care to look for it. We also know that this event has NOTHING to do with Human Induced Climate Change, because we know that SSWs are naturally occurring events.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

What's insane is the rise in ecoterrorism. People are literally ready to burn the world to prove a point.

new topics

top topics

join