It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s mental state is deteriorating- psychiatrists urgently warn Congress

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
Lol. Every psychiatrist sits in an arm chair. That's what they do. They sit and observe.

And they can do that from anywhere. Remote or in person.

Weak argument.

edit on 162020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
PS, I can find millions who thought Obama was a great president.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust
PS, I can find millions who thought Obama was a great president.

Apparently, there are millions who think Trump IS doing a great job as President...
so?

350 psychologists out of 106,000+ licensed professionals is extremely minuscule. They are simply offering an opinion, but a true and competent diagnosis cannot be made based only on public media releases.

Every public figure is more than there public persona just as any ordinary person behaves differently at work, with friends, or in family situations. That is the reality, and why these psychiatrists may not be able to correctly diagnose anyone officially only opine their formed biased opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I think the press is killing us.

There really do seem to be two Americas.

In one America, we have a loud mouth president who can pretty much run an economy better than any president we've had in a few decades. So overall life is pretty good on the ground although the press will make you think we're all two steps away from dying or disaster.

In the other American, the president is Hitler reborn, is going to open all kinds of concentration camps for people, the nuclear bombs are about to go up, dead folks are littering the streets, and those people who cannot see it are going to help round everyone else up and march you off to the camps that are going to be opening any minute now!

Not a good place to be in. But it's got to be the press.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have been pretty busy with family and holidays this past week but am curious if the House has yet to send the impeachment articles to the Senate?

Is the media and Congress just making a fuss over this Iran issue simply to distract Americans from questioning their original narrative that a vote to impeach must be made quickly.

They don't seem to be in any rush to make those impeachment articles official now. One would think if they really did think trump is mental and going to start WW3, Pelosi would hoof those over to the senate and distract the President with a trial.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

worse: its unethical to try to diagnose someone without actually assessing them. Even worse: that diagnosis is to be kept private under HIPPA and releasing it publicly violates the rights of the individual being discussed.

Those 2 facts alone are enough to make me ignore the diagnoses, and believe that any license to practice should be revoked. If it was the doctor down the street, he'd be drummed out of practice within a month. These people, however, don't seem to face repercussions of their unethical behavior.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Okay then...
No, I don't.
Not at all.
He's not my favorite person, but I believe him to be more than competent.

TBH, I got bad vibes listening to Bush Jr....his mannerisms when he spoke made me nervous and not convinced of his abilities.
And, Mr. Obama....just flat out untrustworthy.

Just my opinion, of course.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I agree with Bush. His mannerisms were odd enough that I wondered if he was a Manchurian type of deal.

Remember when he tried to leave that stage and the door was locked? He didn't look for another exit, he just froze and stood at attention. It was so....robotic.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Talk about the economy when its good for everyone.
He made things better for the super rich.
Even I did not benefit one cent.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

His mannerisms were very weird. Nervous. Scary. His use of the English language........

Part of the trust I have in the Office of the POTUS is their listenability....can I stand to listen to their speeches, off the cuff remarks.
Their mannerisms are important too. Their success at spontaneity.

Last several POTUS:
Trump....very, very good
Obama....not good at all
Bush Jr. .....just bad
Clinton....fair
Bush Sr. ....fair
Reagan.....very good.
edit on Mon Jan 6 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
So Trumps own doctors who actually examine him are wrong. All medical staff that have actually come into contact with Trump are all wrong or lying. But these Doctors who are basing their assessments of him off of media coverage are correct.

Exactly.

If Trump actually did or said many of the things attributed to him without any evidence whatsoever, I might actually be worried about his mental state.

IF...

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Would they put what reputations on the line?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Thats crazy, because I see this from the Dems ALL THE TIME. I guess that means that both they and the people who elected and believe in them should all be locked away.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Violating multiple ethics rules....i'd say they shot and killed their reputations.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I thought you people were all about not judging a person by their looks or the color of their skin.

Why does that always change when y'all don't like the person you're judging?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Violating multiple ethics rules....i'd say they shot and killed their reputations.

Yeah exactly, and not a single one of them will be called out by the mainstream... If they had a reputation to begin with, it would be spared for the simple fact that they're calling Trump mentally ill.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah exactly, and not a single one of them will be called out by the mainstream... If they had a reputation to begin with, it would be spared for the simple fact that they're calling Trump mentally ill.

They're just expressing their person opinion, not officially diagnosing him... Pretty sure psychiatrists are protected under the first amendment to express freedom of speech, just like all other American citizens.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Trump is a pretty good extemp speaker for all he lacks polish in terms of erudition. He never seems to want for something to say and he can definitely work a crowd.

Obama was like any televangelist and just as oily. He was sort of like my high school ex in that he could insult you, run you down and either make you feel good about it or make you feel like you deserved it totally and want him to forgive you for the abuse he just heaped on you for no reason.

Bush Jr was flat out awkward. The jury is out on him only because I've heard it said he may have had a persistent learning disability or two like dyslexia or something similar which may have accounted for some of his difficulty in natural speaking. My son can be sort of awkward when he talks too and he's also got some hearing/learning troubles that affect his speaking cadences.

Clinton was smooth, so was Bush.

And Reagan was another natural communicator like Trump, but being an actor (not reality TV star -- actor), he was far more polished than Trump.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I share those opinions.

Oddly enough, I'm sitting in a chair looking at a monitor, too. ...and our opinions are just as valid as theirs, since theirs are founded on the exact same information that yours, and mine, are based upon.

I'd ask those so-called experts about the ethical slippery slope of diagnoses without examinations they're stomping across.

So, it didn't work before, then the impeachment process seems to have hit a wall called actual evidence of wrong doing--or lack of same--so it's rinse and repeat??

Lack of imagination--isn't that a mental condition, too??

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Isn't that evidence of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results each time?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join