It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Impeachment Witness Says House Democrats Have Screwed Up Trump's Impeachment.

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Saturday, January 4, 2020

U.S. House (Nadler's Judiciary Committee) Impeachment Witness, Professor Jonathan Turley, says House Democrats have screwed up their impeachment case, by rushing to get it finished before Christmas.

Professor Turley: A judge in the District of Columbia issued an opinion that was largely lost in the crush of New Years stories. The opinion could loom large in the Senate trial, however, and one line in particular, which states “the House clearly has no intention of pursuing” the witness, may be repeated like a mantra by the Trump defense team.

The witness was Charles Kupperman, a deputy to former national security adviser John Bolton. After subpoenaing him last fall, the House withdrew its request before the court could rule on compelling his testimony for the record.

Judge Richard Leon dismissed the case before New Years Eve with a hint of frustration, if not bewilderment, that the House did not seem interested in hearing from a possible eyewitness.

Historically, that lack of attention in not only witnesses, but also a triable case, will remain one of the most baffling blunders of this impeachment.

The House refused to wait just a couple months to build a much stronger case to remove Trump.

The House refused to seek to compel several witnesses in court, burning months in which it could have secured not just decisions in its favor but also testimony.

In the mad rush to push impeachment, House Democrats could not have made it easier for President Trump's defense team in the Senate trial.

Securing an impeachment so fast does not earn you a historic prize. It simply earns you a historic failure.
Examples of House Democrats Impeachment FAILURES at: thehill.com...

The longer House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) withholds the 2 impeachment articles from the Senate, the less importance they have to Americans. The passage of time erodes interest, and President Trump continues to rack up America success stories on multiple fronts.

Pelosi thinks holding on to the 2 Articles of Impeachment gives her "leverage" over the Senate. Wrong. That is just one more Democrat mistake, because..

Senate leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) says he doesn't care if Pelosi keeps them forever, because the Senate has more important things to do than holding a Trump impeachment trial. Continuing to increase the already record number of conservative judges all across America is a top Senate priority, McConnell said.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/4/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Is there any way the impeachment can be reversed due to a lack of evidence and proper procedure? It seems to me that an illegitimate impeachment should have a way to be negated.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

According to MSNBC, some Democrats are trying to get Nancy Pelosi to re-open the impeachment articles, add new evidence, maybe add another article, and then hold a House re-vote.

Never been done before, but Pelosi sets the House rules.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So, they rushed things.

They are taking too long.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, they rushed things.

Reminds me of a saying we had in the military.... "Hurry Up and Wait".

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, they rushed things.

Reminds me of a saying we had in the military.... "Hurry Up and Wait".

Heller wrote a bestseller based upon the premise.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I mention this in my thread on Senate rules and procedures on impeachment .

The Dems screwed the pooch when they didn’t actuality wait for Trump to use the information to his political advantage .

The whole of impeachment was based on the “assumption” he extorted Ukraine for opposition research against Biden .

Personally I don’t think Trump would have used it and the investigation would’ve remained closed just like most investigations .

But if he did they would’ve had his nuts in a vice .

TDS is the only mental illness that’s ever been beneficial to the country.

Woob Woob Woop....

edit on 5-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Start impeachment based on suspected bribes or extortion, but end up impeaching based on Abuse of Power, and Obstructing Butt-hurt Democrats in Congress. IN SANE!

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

If it was anybody but the Democratic Party.

I’d have thought nobody can be this stupid what is their long term plan ?

I didn’t give this move a second thought . Lol
edit on 5-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The only way to get rid of impeachment at this time.

Is by R's taking over next year and voting to 'delete'' it.

R's don't take over. D's take over the senate.

We'll get another railroad job in the senate.

It really is a MORAL imperative Pelosi and her party get kicked out of power.

There are a plethora of reasons to NOT vote for them.

Russia,Ukraine,Siding with TERRORISTS is the latest example, and their commie platform for 2020.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
If the Dems had some compelling evidence of an actual crime committed by Trump, I don't think that they would have hesitated to use it to impeach.
edit on b000000312020-01-05T06:50:59-06:0006America/ChicagoSun, 05 Jan 2020 06:50:59 -0600600000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Maybe George Soros suddenly left Pelosi to think on her own. Hate, without brains, leads to disaster.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Nancy Pelosi looks in the mirror, and thinks Senator McConnell is like her, Schiff, and Nadler. So naturally, she thinks McConnell is a cheating underhanded no-morals crook.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
1/7/2020

GOOD NEWS! Democrats will delay the next Presidential candidate debate, so their millions of viewers can watch the Senate Trump Impeachment trial instead.

www.politico.com...

new topics

top topics

join