It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can agree, the 22nd Amendment must be changed.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Violater1

You're not thinking clearly on this one. The term limits protect us against a charismatic person becoming de-facto royalty.

That genie should never be let out of the bottle.

The line between partisan and fanatic is a very thin one. Take time to study history just a bit. President for life is dangerous enough to make us all slaves of a single party state.

The Right vs the Left is actually a good thing and even better when the country is evenly split. It stops one side from gaining complete control.

Blaine,
I wanted to wait a little bit so that my opinion would gather some steam.
I never said Trump for life.
Now for phase 2, after President Trump was voted in for a third term, then Congress could actually enact a Law that would put term limits on ALL elected officials. PERIOD.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

So in essence you want the law to change to suit your guy, and once your guy is taken care of, change it again.

How very Democrat-ish of you.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Naw, two terms of Trump will be enough, let some other good Republican become president. The Dems will make such fools of themselves in the second term that it will be twelve more years before there is another Democrat as president.

I wish that somehow the blinders would be taken off of the Democratic congressmen so they can see what they are doing. Well, maybe in the near future, a jump in the independant congressmen will occur.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So in essence you want the law to change to suit your guy, and once your guy is taken care of, change it again.

How very Democrat-ish of you.

Wow....was I that obvious.
I gave you a star think of it kind of like a cookie

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
We all can agree, that the 22nd Amendment must be changed regarding President Trump.
Currently, the facade that the SociaDems are trying to shove down the throats of the American people has stunted the growth, and change, that normally would have happened back in the 50’s to the late 80’s. Because these perverse and corrupt people, have leached the time from America and this Presidency, we need to repeal the 22nd Amendment, allowing our President to run for a third term. There is now no doubt, President Trump, will win from a landslide this year. The American people deserve a third term from President Trump. He has propelled The USA into financial prosperity, strengthened the resolve of The American people, and once again, since the 1980’s, made America GREAT AGAIN! MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!
edit on V382020Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 04 Jan 2020 19:38:05 -06001 by Violater1 because: []lwrefj

So, you support the Constitution, as long as it is changed.

That sounds revisionist and liberal.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Oh hell no! As much as I like Trump this would be a very bad idea! Just think if Trump loses and we do this we could have some nasty years on our plate.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:43 AM
link   
No Changing the 22nd.

Adding the same requirement to congressman is a better option.

Being a congressman should not be allowed to be a lifetime career choice.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

What the hell are you talking about?

I don't want it repealed...
I want it expanded to Congress and the Senate..
Two terms or 8 years and get out.

Bye pelosi..
Bye insert ass hat here...

I'm talking about having President Trump for three terms.
His first term was hijacked by the SociDems.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

We all can agree, that the 22nd Amendment must be changed regarding President Trump.

Move to Russia or North Korea if you don't like the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Really? Is that your strong retort on changing this Amendment?
Please review my "signature" below.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join