It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We can agree, the 22nd Amendment must be changed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

We all can agree, that the 22nd Amendment must be changed regarding President Trump.

Move to Russia or North Korea if you don't like the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Primary tabs

Amendment XXII
Section 1.
No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.
Section 2.
This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several states within seven years from the date of its submission to the states by the Congress.

Now that we can see exactly what it says, I too think it should be amended to. On the first line where is says, "office of the President". It should be changed to say:
No person shall be elected to the same Public Office more than twice, and no person who has held Public Office shall be allowed to run for that same office for more than two term for that position that the person was elected for"

Think of all the issues that we could avoid by putting that it. No more career politicians sitting in their offices, sucking on the tit of obscurity and lack of duty. Only showing their faces while spitting lies to voters while seeking re-election. One can dream, one can dream.

edit on 4-1-2020 by Guyfriday because: just being safe

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

We all can agree

Maybe in your echo chamber “we all” can. No thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

What the hell are you talking about?

I don't want it repealed...
I want it expanded to Congress and the Senate..
Two terms or 8 years and get out.

Bye pelosi..
Bye insert ass hat here...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I agree. Holding elected office should be an act of service to the country, not a career.

Term limits and removing money from elections should be on the top of the agenda.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Spot on.. what could possibly go wrong with allowing career "politicians" to maintain a position of influence through financial donations and, no term limit.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
We desperately need term limits for congress.
And we need to make sure federal employees can be fired, they seem to have more rights than most.
Also, state and federal workers should not be unionized.
That is what should change.

originally posted by: Violater1
We all can agree, that the 22nd Amendment must be changed regarding President Trump.
Currently, the facade that the SociaDems are trying to shove down the throats of the American people has stunted the growth, and change, that normally would have happened back in the 50’s to the late 80’s. Because these perverse and corrupt people, have leached the time from America and this Presidency, we need to repeal the 22nd Amendment, allowing our President to run for a third term. There is now no doubt, President Trump, will win from a landslide this year. The American people deserve a third term from President Trump. He has propelled The USA into financial prosperity, strengthened the resolve of The American people, and once again, since the 1980’s, made America GREAT AGAIN! MAGA! MAGA! MAGA!
edit on V382020Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 04 Jan 2020 19:38:05 -06001 by Violater1 because: []lwrefj

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
How about making it a 6 year term? Cant really get much done in a 4 year term.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
a reply to: ketsuko
What, from behind bars?

Why not? I think Prisoners should be able to run for and become President.
There's nothing in the constitution to say they can't.

Just put some bars up on the WH windows and have the President on house arrest for their term.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

While I think democrats single-handedly played out one of the most petty and embarrassing pranks on the American people these last few years, I think presidential term limits need to remain.

Conversely, I think something needs to be done to prevent life-long career politicians from entrenching themselves deep in the swamp muck.

How about limits on congressional and judiciary seats instead?

edit on 4-1-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm curious. If Trump changed his name and identified as a transgender, would it be possible to run for POTUS as a new and different individual? What if he had a sex change and became a female, Jondah Lump Trond, could SHE run for POTUS?

But I agree, as much as I would dislike to see certain political changes, we would only be digging a deeper hole if we had three term presidents.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Maybe that's what this guy is thinking:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Great point!

And there are numerous Star Trek episodes that raise the same questions on identity.

#CosmeticSurgeryLifeHacks

edit on 4-1-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If we change it, we should follow the confederate lead, one 6 year term.

I don’t want an 80+ year old anyone being president

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Absolutely not! This is not something I would ever agree with.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
We desperately need term limits for congress.
And we need to make sure federal employees can be fired, they seem to have more rights than most.
Also, state and federal workers should not be unionized.
That is what should change.

I agree 100%. There is no reason a congressman/woman should be allowed to have a career in Washington or at the state level either. No lifetime benefits period! That's such a ridiculous benefit for someone that does very little except get rich and powerful.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Absolutely NO. As much as I approve of President Trump at this point; I am am a firm no on changing the 8 year max.
If I were alive during FDR; I would have been against his extended term.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I think it should be amended BUT NOT in the manner you speak of. In the manner you speak of i say a definite NO.

The amendment i would like to see would state that no child of a living ex president can serve whilst the parent is still living as with all children they are usually influenced by their parents and no wife/husband can serve if the spouse has already seved - there is shared agendas whether people like to admit it or not.

Obviously I'm referring to the Bush family as a classic example and HRC trying to follow Bills footsteps.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The problem I see is that to do that you would need a constitutional convention, and the problem with that is that it can have unintended consequences since all amendments will be available to modify or add new unforeseen ones...

No thanks!

Still MAGA 2020!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join