It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says US to strike 52 Iranian sites 'VERY FAST and VERY HARD’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: trollz

Worth reading.......

twitter

I wasn't thrilled with that aspect or seeming potential but with how well he's done with everything else I'm guessing he either had a good reason for suggesting it and/or will show proper judgement when and if the time should come.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Ok. So address that final issue lawfully. But as it stands the president acted well within his legal authority.

Im sure you will find that Iraq allows us to be there. Since we are a lesser evil than the lunatics that behead people. That is an issue you would need to take up with them.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

He was taken out while fleeing the scene of a terror attack.

Feel free to sue the DoD for not allowing due process. Based on the thousands we have droned in the past id suspect you won't get far.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Man, I wonder if they are monitoring his twitter feed.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he provides real time updates on the attack... I actually wouldn’t mind if he did.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I still don't quite comprehend what gives American military the right to execute a decorated officer of high rank on foreign soil without UN support.

Just have to look at the actions he was decorated for and how he got to his rank. I agree, a 'decorated' Iranian hero. Just look at his ring. (The one on his finger mate.)

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Im sure he didnt get his Visa stamped on the way to commit a terrorist act on US soil

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: lostbook

Because North Korea didn't just find 52 billion barrels of oil like Iran did.

Of course!

On a side note, isn't Iran one of the countries not connected to a Central Bank? There was a great thread from a while ago here on ATS about the plan(s) to eventually "uproot" those countries in the M.E. that are not connected to a Central Bank.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure this isn't the thread I'm thinking of but this one also talks about the connection between Wars and the countries who aren't connected to Central Banks. Guess what? IRAN is on the list. This isn't about patriotism as some seem to believe, it's about setting up a global banking system where all the money and the oil is run by one interest.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Aint it always?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I still don't quite comprehend what gives American military the right to execute a decorated officer of high rank on foreign soil without UN support.

Self defense.

So he was executed while actively threatening citizens with a deadly weapon?

He was a terrorist threatening more attacks with terror.

Are you going to defend him now?

This should be fun.

Too many defending an Iranian terrorist seem to fade away after a while.

Perhaps you'll have a better defense.

No, I was missing some details. I'm not interested in defending a terrorist, I want to avoid another war. If their leaders can accept this as an example of why pissing off the US is a bad idea and move on a little wiser, that would be cool but possibly a tad unrealistic. It's hard to fault the presidential logic here but it's also hard to convince some nations that if they don't handle their rabid dog, they should forgive us just sending our robot messenger boy in do the dirty work for them.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: bally001
God,did you really have to.post that pic of taxinda adhern.....she make alot.of us nz'ers vomit.

Yes, I agree that some of the taxes are excessive.

I seem also to remember that the National's: raised GST, introduced a new airport tax, introduced a new petrol tax, new ACC levies, capital gains (brightline) tax, new student loan fees, new tax on Kiwisaver contribution, new Family Court fees and removed tax refunds for minors doing part time work.

But Labor has also added to our tax burden, too.

Yes,

but you're happy to live there, aren't you?

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ok. So address that final issue lawfully. But as it stands the president acted well within his legal authority.

It's debatable whether it was lawful and he had the legal authority to kill a high ranking state official of a country at which we are not at war.

Iraq's public objection to the strike in Baghdad also means it violates international law, other scholars argue.

"We have carried out the attack on the territory of a state that plainly did not give us permission," said Mary Ellen O'Connell, a law professor and an expert on international disputes at the University of Notre Dame. "The attack was unlawful, the assassination was not justifiable."
NBC

Others say it was legal and justified.

Even if he did act within legal authority, the consequences of the action, which we are now seeing unfold and which further increases tensions in the region and puts Americas at an even greater risk, are of greatest concern, and why it has not been done before by past administrations.

edit on 4-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

No one wants a war.

That's just stupid.

Killing a rabid dog though, is just good sense.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The terrorist designation overrides the title of general, or president, or MSM Outlet.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: chr0naut

We occupy as a security force in Iraq. No problem there. The general was not authorized to be in Iraq. And was fleeing the scene of a terror attack on a US embassy.

If war was declared...it was by Iran. Not the US.

The other targets are to eliminate risk after credible public threat was made by Iran. That isnt war. War is when congress declares war. No matter what it "looks like" to you.

The 'occupation' of another sovereign country is not OK.

If they were a security force, helping the locals keep the peace, then you don't call that an occupation force. The US also has the country surrounded with bases as well as the in-country forces. Iraq is ring-fenced by 'American security' as well as the occupation.

As you pointed out, the General was not supposed to be there (and so it is probable that he didn't have governmental consent to do what he did) and the US security force was also supposed to have already been withdrawn. Two wrongs...

The declaration of war isn't 'the naughty bit'. It is the body-count that everyone is concerned about.

Do Congress have to declare people dead for them to be so?

edit on 4/1/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Its not debatable. He was not in Iraq legally....and participated personally in a terror attack.

You can debate it. But have nothing to support your position.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Aint it always?

Unfortunately, yes.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Remember when Soleimani posted this image to his Instagram account after Trump's Game of Thrones-themed tweet in Nov 2018?

I do.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

😂🤣
‏ @Qasam_Soleimani

Please stop sending more angry virgins down here, @realDonaldTrump.

This place is already filled with them.
7:40 PM - 4 Jan 2020
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Its absolutely ok. Iraq invited us. Don't conflate your opinion with reality

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The fact that "decorated officer" had just led an attack on our embassy.

What gives Iran the right to attack the embassy of a foreign sovereign nation, located in another sovereign foreign nation, without UN support?

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The thread title is deceptive. You should get yourself a job with a MSM organization.

You left out the "IF". 👎

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join