It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says US to strike 52 Iranian sites 'VERY FAST and VERY HARD’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I still don't quite comprehend what gives American military the right to execute a decorated officer of high rank on foreign soil without UN support.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

They have been wiping out christian churches and murdering Christians while Obama did nothing.

I don't want to see anyone else die.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

He was in Iraq illegally. We occupy as a security force. He was killed while fleeing the scene of a terror attack on a US embassy. How does that not make sense?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I still don't quite comprehend what gives American military the right to execute a decorated officer of high rank on foreign soil without UN support.

Sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

He was in Iraq illegally. We occupy as a security force. He was killed while fleeing the scene of a terror attack on a US embassy. How does that not make sense?

Typically criminals are given due process as a basic human right. Or is that just America?
edit on 4-1-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Self defense.

link   

edit on 4-1-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We occupy

That right there.

The general was not authorized to be in Iraq.

It's not our country to determine as such.

The general was not authorized to be in Iraq.

We "authorized" ourself to be there.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Self defense.

So he was executed while actively threatening citizens with a deadly weapon?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: lostbook
If Trump is doing this because of some Americans killed by Iran then why didn't he attack N. Korea when they imprisoned and killed Otto Warmbier?
It seems to me that there are other more secret reasons for this sudden move on Iran.

I believe this has been planned for sometime, there are no secrets anymore.

I believe so as well. This plan has been in place for a long time. Trump is following the plan.

link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I disagree with this sentiment.

Whether I support Trump or not is irrelevant, he is my President, was elected and is privy to information beyond what any of us can speculate on. He has hundreds of advisors, he did not make this decision in a vacuum as so much of the MSM and hard-left make him appear to do.

In addition to that, military arms see it is an acceptable loss to lose American lives in places where we have openly and actively engaged in conflict. If we were attacked in Iraq by Iraqis, our troops would engage and losses would be militarily considered.

However... if ANY American life is lost ANYWHERE else, by any country, any terrorist, any conflict, that is NOT acceptable. It is not an active military engagement where our soldiers knowingly give their lives to fight on behalf of our country.

Embassies are protected, they are considered sovereign US property in other countries, protected by our laws and theirs. It is not military that works there, it is American citizens, our friends, our neighbors, our People. The President has a responsibility to protect them. That is what he did here. It is not about "all-in" war presidents of the past. This was a surgical strike no different than Bin Laden, the only difference here is that Bin Laden was leading a terrorist mission by himself, and Iran has been doing it with their top generals through proxy, providing everything from ammo, armor, capabilities, intelligence, to well-established terrorist organizations. The President even warned Iran in an open, public world-wide forum (Twitter) telling them not to threaten us anymore and not to f**k with American lives. Iran tried to be sneaky about it with Solemani and the QUDS, and his militants / fake protestors burned an American embassy and injured Americans while plotting to kill. If I'm the President, I would have probably done worse and inflicted a much more severe punishment, so I applaud him for showing restraint.

He is different than other Presidents. I don't think a single proactive act of defense as a warning message through strength and resilience in the face of decades of taunting and poking, is the same as previous presidents. He will go down in history as a first (likely not only) of his kind.

~Namaste

link   

originally posted by: khnum
Destroying cultural and heritage sites is a war crime but that wouldn't mean anything to the warmongers here,I thought America was tired of war,I guess Im wrong

You mean like the Democrats have been doing to our historical sites?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Call it Social Justice via a Reaper.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: bally001
God,did you really have to.post that pic of taxinda adhern.....she make alot.of us nz'ers vomit.

Yes, I agree that some of the taxes are excessive.

I seem also to remember that the National's: raised GST, introduced a new airport tax, introduced a new petrol tax, new ACC levies, capital gains (brightline) tax, new student loan fees, new tax on Kiwisaver contribution, new Family Court fees and removed tax refunds for minors doing part time work.

But Labor has also added to our tax burden, too.

link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The general was not authorized to be in Iraq. And was fleeing the scene of a terror attack on a US embassy.

He wasn't?

I am not clear on how or why he was there.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Self defense.

So he was executed while actively threatening citizens with a deadly weapon?

He was a terrorist threatening more attacks with terror.

Are you going to defend him now?

This should be fun.

Too many defending an Iranian terrorist seem to fade away after a while.

Perhaps you'll have a better defense.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: khnum
Destroying cultural and heritage sites is a war crime but that wouldn't mean anything to the warmongers here,I thought America was tired of war,I guess Im wrong

You mean like the Democrats have been doing to our historical sites?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yes, for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Typically criminals are given due process as a basic human right. Or is that just America?

Your concept of due process is a construct of the US civilian legal system. Is is not applicable to either the military justice system, nor the justice systems of most 3rd world countries.

Stop crying about things, and look at them in context. The man was recognized as a leader of terrorist entities by both western and ME soverien nations.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Please.

Almost 2 decades of drone strikes and this guy is the hill you choose to take a stand on???

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join