It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says US to strike 52 Iranian sites 'VERY FAST and VERY HARD’

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
just out of curiosity which terrorist was that?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aluxe As an American I now most definitely feel less safe after what Trump did. It seems like Trump took an extreme measure which has the potential to pull us in into a much bigger conflict and which could end up costing many lives if it escalates. And to me it doesn't matter if those lives are Iranian or American if we are talking civilians and innocent people who die as a result of a possible conflict. And should I now worry about possible terrorist attacks or even another 9/11? And the general that was killed had been instrumental in fighting ISIS much better than we did, so is ISIS going to now become stronger?. And what about all the none Iranian militias that were working with the general killed, are those also going to turn against the US? Now the Iraq parliament just voted to expel foreign troops from Iraq because of the killing. Doesn't seem like a good move for the US considering we have a history of making a total mess in every war we start in the middle east and I really doubt Trump has a better grasp on the situation than previous presidents. Trump said he did this to stop a war but HONESTLY is there anybody that really believes anything the man says? I for sure don't. He has not earned my trust because he lies constantly. Also you have to admit that it is very likely that Trump did this as a reelection strategy and to distract from the impeachment issues he is facing. He actually accused and warned people about Obama doing precisely this many times as a strategy to win reelection so why should we not assume that this is what Trump is doing now? You also have to consider that there could be an agenda for starting a war with Iran to exploit Iran from its resources or the usual business of war that might go beyond Trump and could be something planned by a shadow government. The US has done this many times and they always just come up with an excuse for the war like the "bringing democracy and finding weapons of mass destruction" for the Bush war in Iraq. So maybe it's not even actually Trump who is behind this and more like the deep state pulling its strings on the Trump administration. And targeting cultural sites seems like a really terrible idea. First of all many of those sites are world heritage sites that are treasures of not just Iran but of the whole world. It would be like targeting the pyramids of Egypt if we went on a war against Egypt. Imagine Trump destroying the pyramid of Giza because he woke up on the wrong side of the bed in a tit for tat war? It would be a great loss for humankind, not just Egypt. Well it's the same thing with some of the Iran cultural sites that are real ancient treasures that belong to the whole of humanity. No wonder this strategy is causing instant backlash around the world and why many Americans are instantly against it. And imagine how many enemies we would end up creating if we destroyed 52 cultural sites in Iran. And what's amazing is to see all the Trump supporters who were praising Trump for bringing back the troops now praising him for sending out more troops and potentially starting a whole new war. We will see how this will escalates but if it turns out to be another Afghanistan or worse war are you still going to be cheering just because it is Trump who is behind this this time without any critical thought? And worse of all some of you conservatives even call yourselves Christian and Jesus followers. It just makes it really hard to respect your stance.

Oh whaaaah..The guy in Iran has killed Americans for many years and was planning bigger killings of Americans, so killing him was operational prudence. Real Americans who know their rights and how they got them don't cower before killers.

This is the trouble with these self righteous terrorist supporting people, they kill many of yours, and you do nothing and teach them to bully you even more in the future like Obama did. They have to be shown the folly of their wicked ways.

America finally has a man at the helm who says NO and hits back hard. Start standing up for what is right and defend your country and show responsibility and honesty, not this cowering victim mentality.

edit on 5-1-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'm preparing to start a somewhat related thread. There's something terribly wrong with most Democrats, because they really don't mind if good people die, but get angry and apprehensive when evil people are killed.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Toys out the pram again, apparently Trump is now saying he will impose heavy sanctions if Iraq kick the American military out the country.

He did authorize the assassination of a high-level military leader returning from peace talks with Saudi Arabia on another nation's soil.

And was that not what he was after in the first place, that being bringing all the troops home?

Now he wants to penalize other nations, without even a proper form of governance, because his team got sent off the field in disgrace???!!!

Only Donald could make the likes of the Iranian regime look good, he not leaving unless Iraq pays, priceless really, and a sad state of affairs.
edit on 6-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to: trollz

Biden has an 87%chance of beating him right now.
Butigeg, Sanders, Warren all are showing they would beat him.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

With who? What Wonky news stations are you guys watching? His numbers are tumbling.
He will never be re-elected. It's crazy to even think he might.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Which means he wilI lie about it because of all the things he does, lying is what he does best.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The Intel was razor thin is what I am hearing.

Sounds more like an excuse than actual reasoning.

Get that news cycle off of impeachment because impeachment means he goes to jail in N.Y..

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

So this 52 strikes , is that like Trump enacting some sort of US revenge for the 52 hostages ?

very eye for an eye this sort of stuff

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: IncessantOptimist
He will never be re-elected.

So, we can quote you on that? After the election, I'm going to bring up these words of yours. If President Trump gets re-elected, will you admit that you were wrong?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
When you know how this all ends and you read some of the !!HooRahh USA!! comments I have to laugh.

It wasn't that long ago since a flyover by Russian jets on US ships rendered them useless closing down all electrical systems onboard... like apples in a barrel. It will be the most costly engagement in US history, so much so your dollar will tank and the debt bubble will burst, leaving the world in Recession proper...

Tehran may fall but Iran, on the whole, does not(Russia/China/India etc. etc.connect region to vested interests in current Iranian status quo) and with the collapse of the US economy the war is aborted and America's place in the world is greatly compromised. I could lay it all out in detail but... hey to busy getting all excited at the prospect of another failed war... enjoy.

As for Trump's election, I can state one thing thus far... !!Spoilers!! 2029 A Female President with good ties to a Labour Longstanding Government UK, so not too sure how that works out?? 29 election before that 2025 and then 2021 hhmm
something goes awry doesn't it
I wonder

Just did some research, an overwhelming emergency can delay an election... Or he wins only to be removed a year later.
edit on 6-1-2020 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Oh whaaaah..The guy in Iran has killed Americans for many years and was planning bigger killings of Americans, so killing him was operational prudence. Real Americans who know their rights and how they got them don't cower before killers.

This is the trouble with these self righteous terrorist supporting people, they kill many of yours, and you do nothing and teach them to bully you even more in the future like Obama did. They have to be shown the folly of their wicked ways.

America finally has a man at the helm who says NO and hits back hard. Start standing up for what is right and defend your country and show responsibility and honesty, not this cowering victim mentality.

The point is not whether this general is bad and deserves to be killed. The point is whether it is worth it to kill this high ranking officer because of the possible retaliation and further escalation. The US had considered killing this general many times in the past since they had a chance to do so many times but they choose not to because of the profoundly escalatory nature of this action. I mean if this ends up pulling us into a war that ends up costing thousands of lives will it be worth it even if we win? That is the whole point! which apparently lots of you are missing with comments like "these self righteous terrorist supporting people" or "There's something terribly wrong with most Democrats, because they really don't mind if good people die, but get angry and apprehensive when evil people are killed." I mean talk about totally missing the point. Nobody is crying because of an evil person dies, the concern is about getting involved in another war that kills way more people than we are trying to save by killing this general.

And not sure what you are talking about in regards to now finally having a president that hits hard. Obama bombed 7 countries during his presidency killing thousands of people and creating a total mess in the middle east (Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, Lybia, Iraq & Syria). Also used drones to "hit hard" many "enemies" and many civilians died including Americans. Same with G. Bush and previous presidents so really what in the world are you talking about? You guys were praising Trump for not getting involved in more wars and bringing back our troops but now you are praising him for being just another warmonger like the previous presidents? Try and be consistent with your arguments please.

And let's not pretend that the US is so innocent as we point our finger to all those bad countries doing evil like we are always doing what is right. The US has been doing precisely what it accuses others of doing. From manipulating elections around the world, to arm sales to evil people and destabilizing countries through war many times killing thousands of people.

And for those of you conservatives who consider yourselves Jesus followers do you really think there is a difference if an American child dies vs an Afghani child dies because of these wars? or does it only matter to you if Americans die? Think about it real hard please.
edit on 6-1-2020 by Aluxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Most you war mongers don't even know why Iran hates us. If I were Iranian I'd hate us too. Iran and Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11 yet the Saudi's were plenty involved. Israel wants all their enemies neutralized at our expense. They want us to do it for them. We had a peace deal with Iran until Trump took over. Iran agreed to quit enriching uranium if we lifted sanctions. Israel was cut out of the loop during negotiations because the United States didn't want them interfering. Trump gets in office and double crosses the Iranians. You really want to know why the Iranians hate us look up the Iranian revolution and why it took place.
edit on 6-1-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Possibly just as high as he can count.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Most you war mongers don't even know why Iran hates us. If I were Iranian I'd hate us too. Iran and Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11 yet the Saudi's were plenty involved. Israel wants all their enemies neutralized at our expense. They want us to do it for them. We had a peace deal with Iran until Trump took over. Iran agreed to quit enriching uranium if we lifted sanctions. Israel was cut out of the loop during negotiations because the United States didn't want them interfering. Trump gets in office and double crosses the Iranians. You really want to know why the Iranians hate us look up the Iranian revolution and why it took place.

Was Obama authorized to make the deal he made? If so, then for Trump to 'double cross' them it would have taken congressional approval, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

and was planning bigger killings of Americans

Citation needed.

No proof was provided, and won't be. Because there was no "big plan" to attack U.S. soldiers or sites. It was a response to the embassy, and Trump selected the most harsh retaliation provided to him from a possible list of actions. He didn't think through the possible ramifications, he just made another spur decision based on emotion and his temper, not based on what would be in the best interest for the country.

Aligning the # of sites with the # of hostages - seriously? It's so pathetic it's laughable.

But hey, I'm sure sending more troops to the middle east is exactly what you guys wanted? I mean, a couple months ago, it was the opposite of what Trump said he wanted, and everyone here agreed with him. In fact, it was the prime reason fans of Trump were adamant that pulling troops out that were supporting our allies was 100% the RIGHT decision. This decision is exactly the opposite of what Trump promised, and what his flock supported.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

there was me thinking its how many US States there will be soon

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Brash and ill tempered? Possibly. Pathetic? Not at all. Their top strategist got shot in the face because he decided to rattle our cage while under the impression he was untouchable due to foreign policy. We corrected that impression in front of the world. If we had taken the same approach to Osama bin laden we could have saved a thousand innocent lives.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Was he planning something or did trump make that up?

Think carefully before you answer given that trump and the truth are complete strangers.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Iran and its leaders are very old......old way of thinking that the rest of world is bypassing them fast.

Time to help the gays out over in iran.....

If people don't want war with a civilization that openly executes homosexuals, then who?

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join