It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says US to strike 52 Iranian sites 'VERY FAST and VERY HARD’

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Stormdancer777

He does blow hard doesn't he. He's a regular hurricane.

Full of hot air.

Are you both related?

Just asking

Lags

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Seeing you type Scottish versions of English words gives me a big smile.
Now i have to read your posts with the thick brogue. And that makes it an even better conversation for some reason.

We have weapons that can protect us against Iranian missiles. I expect any Iranian response to be exercised in the cyber realm, to be honest. I believe we have set up the same systems in Europe if memory serves. As well as Israel.

I'd much prefer to see Sunni's be utilized to deal with Iran. Plausible deniability and all that. And Im sure it wouldn't take much get our Sunni allies behind the idea, so long as we don't ask them to partner with Israel. All it would take is for us to put on a Gulf of Tonkin type false flag to give them the impetus. A holy war amongst the 2 factions of Islam would be a good separation for us to utilize if we really wanted Iran toppled. Of course, its not a perfect result. But its better than all the teeth gnashing we are seeing today.

In the end, i have zero sympathy for the Iranian government. I don't really support any war, and prefer peace. But at some point we have to quit letting flies bite us on our ass and swing our tail to solve the problem.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

There is also Irans entrance into the nuclear weapons game to consider.

Iran Ends Commitment to Landmark Nuclear Deal

Tehran said in a statement that it would no longer abide by the limits of the 2015 nuclear agreement.

Iran’s government said it was ending all its commitments under the 2015 nuclear deal and that it would no longer limit its enrichment of uranium.

Well, done Mr. president, well, FN done.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IncessantOptimist

Amazing how a U-turn such as this can so easily cause a U-turn in the minds of Trump's own fans who seem to be salivating over his latest barrage of threats on Twitter like rottweilers on heat.

The lack of self-awareness and personal critical thinking is breathtaking.

Andy Griffith's disturbing foreshadowing of Trump in Elia Kazan's amazing 1957 flick 'A Face In The Crowd' springs to mind 63 years later:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Has war been declared?

Who took the first swipe in this altercation?

Has Trump said we are going to war or just laid out plans to protect Americans?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm not suggesting anything... just pointing out the obvious.

If I remember right, you were the one that brought up mental illness.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I don't see anyone salivating. What I see are people who understand that the way to deal with a bully (which is what Iran is on the International scene) is not to try and placate them; that has never worked and never will. The way to deal with them is through strength and restraint. Strength as in: we will strike back if you go after our people or our allies; restraint as in: we won't start anything if you don't.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
52...the 6th Bell number, a decagonal number, approximate number of weeks in a year, the number of white keys on a piano.
Number of cards in a standard playing deck.
52 pickup?
52 hand blocks...jail house rock.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
52...the 6th Bell number, a decagonal number, approximate number of weeks in a year, the number of white keys on a piano.
Number of cards in a standard playing deck.
52 pickup?
52 hand blocks...jail house rock.

No need to overthink it as it's already been said that it's 52 for each of the 52 hostages taken by Iran in the past.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
4 Americans just killed in a car bomb, much safer...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, there's a shocker.

Cult45 does yet another 180 and is now pro war and pro nuking people.

As for the BS response of "hE DiDnT sTaRt iT tH0" - he used a disproportionate response with the sole intention of triggering this as a distraction from recent events. Inb4 "pRoVe iT tHeN!!11" - it's my opinion, and that of most sane people who look further than trump's Twitter feed for their information. Blah blah blah MSM etc etc. You're the sheep, not us.

You can deny it all you like but it's obvious beyond words that he's doing exactly what he said Obama would do (but didn't).

Trump is the worst negotiator in the world. Fails at almost every single diplomatic juncture, then blames everyone else.

Just because you're incapable of understanding the basics of negotiation (e.g the win-win) because you're used to decades of bully-boy tactics in commercial property deals, doesn't mean you're then valid in saying everyone else is obstructing you/targeting you etc.

That's called failed negotiation. Hence his repeated lies about having ended ISIS (which literally nobody beyond his cult agrees with - they're very-much still in existence), his failure with North Korea (KJU played him like a fiddle), and constantly blaming Democrats despite mulvaney sitting on piles of paperwork to name but three.

You're traitors to your country. Blind faith is dangerous, and people are dying because of your partisanship and cognitive dissonance.

This forum used to be great. These last couple of years it's become an echo chamber driven by a few key shills. This isn't a game. "Triggrin librulz" is not relevant here. This is serious.

Shame on you.
edit on 5-1-2020 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: chr0naut

I'm not suggesting anything... just pointing out the obvious.

If I remember right, you were the one that brought up mental illness.

TheRedneck

Why might I do that?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Trump ordered the death of a terrorist.

You sad bro?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Don't stop now!

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
No. He warned he would take that action if more Americans were killed. Convenient how that's left out of your thread title.

a reply to: trollz

edit on 5-1-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Interesting how the impeachment discussion nearly died completely.

Now this act, assassination of a foreign individual, might be a legitimate impeachable offense and possibly a war crime depending on the facts.

That Ukraine stuff was nothing in comparison.

It just fascinated me that ppl want to impeach the Pres over nothing yet don't even suggest impeachment for a possible war crime. We at least could investigate?

Its like how Bush and Obama never got impeached for their countless questionable militaristic acts around the world.

I find all this amazing to say the least.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The detail I take issue with, and apparently the UN agrees, is how the president acted behind everyone's backs and performed an act of war without notice to our friends across the pond. People like to get a discrete call about that kind of thing first.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Ok I'm going to back up and say I don't even believe in this stuff to begin with.

It's Wag the Dog, a fictional drama on TV, mostly scripted with good improv.

The war is for our hearts and minds, not for Iran or oil or whatever. They are feeding us lies to guide our thinking. This goes back to Rome and further, it's Bread and Circuses.

How are you guys, at ATS of all places, this asleep? I doubt any of this is real guys!

This Solemani guy comes outta nowhere, the TV is like "oh he's the other Osama Bin Laden", even friggen CNN said that, man this is all complete Psyop MK Ultra BS guys.

Please wake the # up lol.
Nothing the TV says can be trusted, they've been regularly lying about the tiniest things like they claimed "all the fans were overjoyed about Marvel's first transgender hero" but I know as a fact ppl been salty and arguing vehemently over it lol.

They lie so often to give you the point of view they want to promote their agenda. Over the tiniest irrelevant things like how fans react to comic book fiction gibberish lol.

And y'all believe in this??
There's no way it's real.
It's TV entertainment.
Welcome to the post truth dystopia hahaha.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
As an American I now most definitely feel less safe after what Trump did. It seems like Trump took an extreme measure which has the potential to pull us in into a much bigger conflict and which could end up costing many lives if it escalates. And to me it doesn't matter if those lives are Iranian or American if we are talking civilians and innocent people who die as a result of a possible conflict. And should I now worry about possible terrorist attacks or even another 9/11? And the general that was killed had been instrumental in fighting ISIS much better than we did, so is ISIS going to now become stronger?. And what about all the none Iranian militias that were working with the general killed, are those also going to turn against the US? Now the Iraq parliament just voted to expel foreign troops from Iraq because of the killing. Doesn't seem like a good move for the US considering we have a history of making a total mess in every war we start in the middle east and I really doubt Trump has a better grasp on the situation than previous presidents.

Trump said he did this to stop a war but HONESTLY is there anybody that really believes anything the man says? I for sure don't. He has not earned my trust because he lies constantly.

Also you have to admit that it is very likely that Trump did this as a reelection strategy and to distract from the impeachment issues he is facing. He actually accused and warned people about Obama doing precisely this many times as a strategy to win reelection so why should we not assume that this is what Trump is doing now?

You also have to consider that there could be an agenda for starting a war with Iran to exploit Iran from its resources or the usual business of war that might go beyond Trump and could be something planned by a shadow government. The US has done this many times and they always just come up with an excuse for the war like the "bringing democracy and finding weapons of mass destruction" for the Bush war in Iraq. So maybe it's not even actually Trump who is behind this and more like the deep state pulling its strings on the Trump administration.

And targeting cultural sites seems like a really terrible idea. First of all many of those sites are world heritage sites that are treasures of not just Iran but of the whole world. It would be like targeting the pyramids of Egypt if we went on a war against Egypt. Imagine Trump destroying the pyramid of Giza because he woke up on the wrong side of the bed in a tit for tat war? It would be a great loss for humankind, not just Egypt. Well it's the same thing with some of the Iran cultural sites that are real ancient treasures that belong to the whole of humanity. No wonder this strategy is causing instant backlash around the world and why many Americans are instantly against it. And imagine how many enemies we would end up creating if we destroyed 52 cultural sites in Iran.

And what's amazing is to see all the Trump supporters who were praising Trump for bringing back the troops now praising him for sending out more troops and potentially starting a whole new war. We will see how this will escalates but if it turns out to be another Afghanistan or worse war are you still going to be cheering just because it is Trump who is behind this this time without any critical thought? And worse of all some of you conservatives even call yourselves Christian and Jesus followers. It just makes it really hard to respect your stance.
edit on 5-1-2020 by Aluxe because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2020 by Aluxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

DAMN! I Love This president's way of thinking, and how he openly and candidly communicates with all the people of America and the world!

So, him pledging to destroy even more World Heritage Sites than ISIS already has is all good with you?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join