It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says US to strike 52 Iranian sites 'VERY FAST and VERY HARD’

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

That is exactly why I'm surprised by people's reaction to Trump's threat, considering the United States and NATO have a long history of targeting and destroying cultural sites. At least Trump has the guts to openly say it.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

They have a long history of destroying cultural sites in the middle east themselves.

Even in the US there's a growing fascist movement of doing the same.

They've no right to say snip about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome
Pretty sure advertising companies are already booking their slots.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Iraqi Parliament just voted to oust the US from their country. Since we have no SOFA agreement, they might have a case and we might end up leaving.

I have to wonder, if Trump does remove all troops, will this then turn all the doves here into war hawks just to oppose Trump's move?

Lol that shows you the influence Iran already has in Iraq, let the Shiites and Sunnis fight it out. Time to let Saudi Arabia take care of it and if they dont Israel will LOL

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

As far as I'm aware, the only ones who targeted cultural sites in the Middle East have been terrorists. Unless you think I'm mistaken?

I saw your call on the previous page to blow up the Mosque, and I find it very appalling. Especially your reasoning for it. The only reason to target a cultural site is if it's being used to fire weapons from and launch attacks, but even then, the standard practice is to warn them to stop doing that or you engage.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I saw your call on the previous page to blow up the Mosque, and I find it very appalling.

Don't care.

For decades they've been breeding grounds for attacks.

Both in the west and in the ME.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

BERLIN — The authorities in Hamburg said Monday that they had shut down the mosque where several of the hijackers involved in the Sept. 11 attacks had met, asserting that it remained a source of radicalization nearly a decade later.

www.nytimes.com...< br />

The trustees at an east London mosque that employed a dangerous extremist who attempted to build an army of child jihadists have been stripped of safeguarding responsibilities by the charity watchdog.

www.theguardian.com...

Networks of radicals are re-emerging in British mosques and elsewhere to encourage and facilitate Muslims wanting to travel to Syria and Iraq to fight for Islamic State (Isis).

www.theguardian.com...

Mosques
Some mosques in the United States transmit extremist ideas.[4] The North American Islamic Trust (NAIT), a group with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, "holds titles of approximately 300 properties [mosques and Islamic schools]".[21] The organization's website states: "NAIT does not administer these institutions or interfere in their daily management, but is available to support and advise them regarding their operation in conformity with the Shari'ah."[21] Other research on the Muslim Brotherhood in the United States claims NAIT influences a far larger number of Islamic institutions in the U.S.[3][22][23]

en.wikipedia.org...

Looks like a legitimate military target to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I know you don't care. That's basically your country's main principle on which you base foreign policy. We don't care and we will do whatever we want and you can't do anything to stop us.

But, because you seem to be ignorant for your reasoning(yet again), they can say the same thing for you. They can say that the United States has been breeding grounds for attacks for decades. And they have a more compelling case.
edit on 742k2020Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 743k2020Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

We don't care and we will do whatever we want and you can't do anything to stop us

Think you have that backasswards. See 1400 years of Islam.

But, because you seem to be ignorant for your reasoning(yet again), they can say the same thing for you. They can say that the United States has been breeding grounds for attacks for decades. And they have a more compelling case.

No they don't.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

On Sunday the Iranian Regime just offered an $80 million bounty for anyone who brings in the head of President Donald Trump for killing Qassam Soleimani.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

They have a 'more compelling case' !!!

At least Trump rates more than CLinton did.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I sincerely doubt anything is going to happen at all now.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I'm fine with this, and I bet millions of other Americans are too.

Stop the money, and bring everyone, and EVERYTHING home.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Not the majority of the people all the same, but the power and control.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You have nowhere else to go, so you will be staying in Iraq, especially considering things will most likely escalate with Iran.

Turkey is a NATO ally, then there's Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Afghanistan. And that's before I look at a map.

I agree with BFFT. Take our toys and go home. No foreign aid to Iraq, no protection for Iraq, no dealings with Iraq. We declare them a satellite of Iran and therefore a terrorist nation until they prove otherwise. If Iraq don't want us there, they don't want us there. Sovereign country.

Next time someone in Iraq targets one of our embassies or our allies, though, we can't be expected to make the coming airstrike quite so surgically precise.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If he hits anything but military sites its murder.
Plain and simple.

He says he will hit cultural sites. Murder.

Here finally, he is shooting someone in the middle of fifth avenue. What will you do?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

How is it that all democrats are idiots in your book?

Even I would not make a broad statement about all republicans.

This says more about you than anything else.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
If he hits anything but military sites its murder.
Plain and simple.

He says he will hit cultural sites. Murder.

Here finally, he is shooting someone in the middle of fifth avenue. What will you do?

If military opponents are using those cultural sites to hide, plan or launch operations then your defense goes out the window.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh? Who was president when he died here on US soil?

And did nothing about it? Oh yeah, that was trump.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

He does blow hard doesn't he. He's a regular hurricane.

Full of hot air.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You have nowhere else to go, so you will be staying in Iraq, especially considering things will most likely escalate with Iran.

Turkey is a NATO ally, then there's Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Afghanistan. And that's before I look at a map.

I agree with BFFT. Take our toys and go home. No foreign aid to Iraq, no protection for Iraq, no dealings with Iraq. We declare them a satellite of Iran and therefore a terrorist nation until they prove otherwise. If Iraq don't want us there, they don't want us there. Sovereign country.

Next time someone in Iraq targets one of our embassies or our allies, though, we can't be expected to make the coming airstrike quite so surgically precise.

TheRedneck
Yeah lets leave maybe Russia can build a base there and fill the void we left behind.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No, no, no.. Trump has a special skill in his skill tree. His troops get +5 HP and +2 armor for 60 seconds after hitting a cultural site. Plus it's in the quest line.

(Everyone else ignore this; just hoping to put this in language she can understand.)

TheRedneck

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join