It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says US to strike 52 Iranian sites 'VERY FAST and VERY HARD’

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: one4all

Iran is incapable to take on USA. If war breaks out ( I pray it does not) watch how our president allows the military to fight unrestrained ...... first time since WW II.

This war will be over just as quick as it started.

I'm a staunch advocate for 100% withdrawal from the ME, but after nearly 30 years of constant occupation it's clear we aren't going anywhere.

Not happy about that at all.

I think our plans there need to start coinciding with at-home and come-home interests. My best friend deployed in Turkey does absolutely nothing for me here. I have never been threatened at home since I've been alive.

We send our friends and family across the globe, and I hate it. It doesn't secure our freedom, it doesn't defend our democracy (constitutional republic), and it tends to make more enemies than friends.

However, I will always stand by this country, and even though I agree with libs that our current POTUS is an arrogant asshat, I cannot fault him for the job he's done.

I look past personalities when it comes to politicians, and look at policies. I like what's happening in USA as of late, and I hope we get another A-Hole after Trump with the same vision. America first. Sorry if that sounds selfish world, but it is what it is. If you cannot see the benefit of a strong leader, then I could never sell you on ideals, so we would just agree to disagree. Presidents happen in 4-8 year spans, so the worst case scenario is Trump serves 8 years. WW3 won't be happening, and we won't be appeasing terrorism like we have the 8 years with Obama. Send guns, that's the answer! That's why the cartels and isis BOTH flourished under Obama, he was sending guns to both of them.

Trump is an arrogant asshole, but think of it this way. You are dying and go to the hospital, there's 2 doctors available. One is a great guy, will have good conversations, and in general everyone likes him. The other is an asshole, not at all friendly, but the best at what he does. The nice doctor will comfort you into death, the asshole doctor will save your life, which one do you choose?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I don’t want war/conflict and can only hope for a speedy resolution if all other options have been exhausted.

Prayers to those affected.

a reply to: trollz

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I am truely disgusted by some of the comments here. It seems far too many consider war as a better option than peace.
We get the world we deserve.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
I am expecting all gun-otters to have a new signature in the next days:

“Called in, deployment starting next Monday 0600”

Anything else, just a keyboard trumpist.

Not one of these keyboard wannabe warriors would ever sign up, or rejoin. If they have the testicular fortitude to trade their own blood for what they sit here and mouth off about, they'd be in the service already, no excuses, no "done muh tours already". It would sure be nice if we'd legally mandate that the mouthiest supporters were auto-drafted, though. Might lead to people thinking twice about what they sprout wood over.
edit on 1/5/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Tim2win

Terminal madness of the end times,sorry

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I mean...its not like military service isn't optional. Its not like we don't have a military chock full of volunteers. Its not like they didn't already agree to what they are facing (a potential for armed conflict).

Lob all the insults and logical fallacies you want....its a volunteer military that is already seeing strong enlistment.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I mean...its not like military service isn't optional. Its not like we don't have a military chock full of volunteers. Its not like they didn't already agree to what they are facing (a potential for armed conflict).

Lob all the insults and logical fallacies you want....its a volunteer military that is already seeing strong enlistment.

And the more, the merrier. Instead of siphoning a little bit of the taste of earned valor through warhawk posts, maybe they should get in line?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win
I am truely disgusted by some of the comments here. It seems far too many consider war as a better option than peace.
We get the world we deserve.
Some of these people act like war is fun and games. Trillions of dollars will be spent and millions of people will die. We have an entire generation of man children raised on Call of Duty. There are 101 ways thing could go wrong with this situation.

Who's going to pay for this war? 11 fortune 500 companies paid zero taxes last year JP Morgan Chase Netfilx Halliburton Citi Bank they all paid no taxes. 300 other fortune 500 companies paid 11% taxes. The government is running up major deficits. Mean while they keep cutting taxes for the to 10%. This isn't invisible money. The more the national debt goes up the more worthless the dollar becomes. We're stealing from tomorrow to pay for today.

Should something happen in the middle east and gas prices skyrocket to $10 a gallon you won't be happy about war then. You'll be pissing and moaning about the price of everything in the grocery store triples in price.
edit on 5-1-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The Iraqi Parliament just voted to oust the US from their country. Since we have no SOFA agreement, they might have a case and we might end up leaving.

I have to wonder, if Trump does remove all troops, will this then turn all the doves here into war hawks just to oppose Trump's move?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

You call opinions "siphoning valor"? That is quite intolerant.

lets flip it around: all the keyboard warriors who think we should continue to pacify people who attack us should be deported to those countries that they seem to feel so strongly about.

Its just as stupid to say that, now isn't it?

The thing is, you didn't present an argument to support a position.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
can he just hit one target hard and thats the leaders and NOT 52 ??? and save money and get to the point ??

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The Iraqi Parliament just voted to oust the US from their country. Since we have no SOFA agreement, they might have a case and we might end up leaving.

I have to wonder, if Trump does remove all troops, will this then turn all the doves here into war hawks just to oppose Trump's move?

But....but....but....there are Kurds in Iraq. We have been told we cant "cut and run" against allied Kurds.

Quite a conundrum.

On a serious note, if they want us out, then we should take our toys and go else where.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Trump says US to strike 52 Iranian sites 'VERY FAST and VERY HARD’

52 card terrorist pickup?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I agree.

We did manage our interests in the Middle east well enough prior to invading Iraq, we'll do well if we leave.

Of course the decades-long war between Iraq and Iran would cease with Iran taking over Iraq, which would lead to further problems down the road.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

You have nowhere else to go, so you will be staying in Iraq, especially considering things will most likely escalate with Iran.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

There is a psychotic part of me that thinks war is a nessesary evil, just to remind us how horrific it really is.
My wife grew up in a small town on the Croatian/Serbian border. If you ask anybody from there how they feel about armed conflict their responses will bring you to tears.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Cultural sites..

Aka mosques are fair game as Iran is a religous theocracy that has a bastardization of the church and state.

I applaud a cruise missile or drone attack on the one flying their red flag of revenge.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I am familiar with Father Sava AND HIS Kosovo Crucified website,and thinking not again Trump tweeted yesterday national treasures are on the target list

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Of course the decades-long war between Iraq and Iran would cease with Iran taking over Iraq, which would lead to further problems down the road.

Yep.

Iran,Syria,Iraq and their last stop in Israel.

And of course the Saudi's won't sit back and let their arch enemy have their little way either.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win
a reply to: wantsome

There is a psychotic part of me that thinks war is a nessesary evil, just to remind us how horrific it really is.
My wife grew up in a small town on the Croatian/Serbian border. If you ask anybody from there how they feel about armed conflict their responses will bring you to tears.
I know it's not a joke but people here think it's a sporting event.
edit on 5-1-2020 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join