It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepstate, CIA, hypocrisy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
One of the members brought up an excellent point which I think deserves a thread on its own.
How is it that many of you Trump conservatives believe everything INTEL agencies tell you regarding foreign matters (Suleimani being a terrorist and in general everything about Iran)?
But when they say that Russia meddled in your elections you dismiss it and on a daily basis refer to the very same Intel agencies as deepstate and whatnot.
What's the difference?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

How is it that many of you Trump conservatives believe everything INTEL agencies tell you regarding foreign matters (Suleimani being a terrorist and in general everything about Iran)?
But when they say that Russia meddled in your elections you dismiss it and on a daily basis refer to the very same Intel agencies as deepstate and whatnot.
What's the difference?

Both sides cherry pick when it's suitable for their cause (pro Trump anti Trump).

Russiagate didn't have hard evidence Russia meddled past trolls.

I haven't seen evidence home dude who died in the strike was planning attacks on us.... But I suppose it wouldn't be past him, though I'd imagine it was through proxy.

Either way, the alphabet agancies do what they want. They're unelected and constantly force our nations hand.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just because one tells the truth sometimes doesn't mean they tell the truth all the time. Also, it isn't just the CIA that claims Suleimani is a bad apple. He didn't just appear overnight as a boogieman. It's old news.

To clarify, I think everyone pretty much accepts the fact the Russia did indeed try to interfere in USA elections. Whether they actually succeeded to influence an election is under dispute. But several foreign entities try to interfere with USA elections....it is an ongoing monster.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Russia didn’t sway me to vote one way or the other.
If you show me someone that was swayed by Russia to vote one way or the other, that person is a dumb ass.
Russia can attempt to meddle all they want, in reality nothing happened.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I'm disturbed by those who would rather see the deaths of embassy personnel than enter into a conflict with a terrorist organization.

It's cowardly.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Russia's meddling was ineffectual and irrelevant because the voters represented equally across all districts with the electoral college understood Hillary was a very poor choice and that Trump was the right or "good" choice.

The left's media circus blaming Russia was a imbecilic red herring and failed attempt at saving face which would be impossible because people with the voting power were not fooled by it.

Stop being fooled.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Muller has spent 2+ years looking into Russia. Have not seen much there except for a cover up on Seth Rich. It has only been a couple of days so far, see what mud sticks in time.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm disturbed by those who would rather see the deaths of embassy personnel than enter into a conflict with a terrorist organization.

It's cowardly.

Even Ghandi, replied to his son after an assassination attempt that its better to do violence defending someone, than to be a coward. something to that effect.

edit on 4-1-2020 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Russia didn’t sway me to vote one way or the other.
If you show me someone that was swayed by Russia to vote one way or the other, that person is a dumb ass.
Russia can attempt to meddle all they want, in reality nothing happened.

But why do you believe and trust the same Intel agency on the foreign matters then ?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It's cowardly.

But it's more nuanced than that.

I don't think many people are acting like this dude wasn't a horrific human being. The guy has committed heinous crimes... But he was also a state general. It's not quite common we take out a government official we're not at war with (technical war, I get proxy wars muddy the water, and we've been a little hostile with each other).

I think some are just questioning the whole situation.

We've known many admins get a boner when it comes to getting a war with Iran, so I think it's fair to inquire on the intentions, and whether we're being fed the "truth" (I know it's funny to use that term in this context).

I just wish we were at least consistent. We are usually a former supporter, or the very people who put some of these guys in power, like Saddam and Bin Laden.

I don't trust my countries motives when it comes to foreign policy anymore. Why should I?

link   

It's cowardly.

Your personal feelings are not the topic of this tread.

link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
One of the members brought up an excellent point which I think deserves a thread on its own.
What's the difference?

Is the UN owned by the CIA now?

You know, since they thought he was so dangerous to humanity at large that he wasn't allowed to leave Iran?

No, the much simpler truth is you don't like the truth in this case so it's easier for you to just think that the entire planet is lying.

Simple TDS.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I see too many cowards willing to sacrifice the lives of Americans just so we don't "make angry" the Iranians because they might do something bad.

Total dick move.

Total asshole move.

Not budging from this.

Too many people are like, "Why did we have to kill him!"

"Now we made them mad"!

To me, it sounds like an abused wife worried about burning the god-damned meatloaf!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Just because one tells the truth sometimes doesn't mean they tell the truth all the time. Also, it isn't just the CIA that claims Suleimani is a bad apple. He didn't just appear overnight as a boogieman. It's old news.

To clarify, I think everyone pretty much accepts the fact the Russia did indeed try to interfere in USA elections. Whether they actually succeeded to influence an election is under dispute. But several foreign entities try to interfere with USA elections....it is an ongoing monster.

This is true. However if Russia wanted to stir chaos they achieved it through the DNC/Hillary cabal who sucked up disinformation like a milkshake.

And, hell no, I don't trust all that the MIC/IC is telling him. I don't trust Pompeo or Graham. Trump doesn't either wink-wink. He's not only making the right moves he's also checkmating the Warhawks.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

It's cowardly.

Oh, but yours are?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

What's the difference?

Is the UN owned by the CIA now?

You know, since they thought he was so dangerous to humanity at large that he wasn't allowed to leave Iran?

No, the much simpler truth is you don't like the truth in this case so it's easier for you to just think that the entire planet is lying.

Simple TDS.

So now UN is relevant? I never thought I'd see a Trump supporter use UN as reference.
I thought UN were evil globalist

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It's cowardly.

Oh, but yours are?

No, but your post is off topic.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I see too many cowards willing to sacrifice the lives of Americans just so we don't "make angry" the Iranians because they might do something bad.

That's how you see it. To me that was the same talking points I heard to justify the Iraq war (which full disclosure I supported at the time). But here we are 19 years later, in the same dumb place a vast majority of Americans agree we shouldn't have ever gone to.

I'm not losing sleep this guy got iced... F him. Do I think we should put more troops there though to "defend our interests"? Nope. They're not my interests... And I'm not budging on that.

The Middle East is a child's sandbox. Nothing to be won there... And those nations aren't threats to us if we didn't have military bases all over the place there.

Maybe some would see that as cowardly on my part, because I'm not all hoo rah, kick anyone's asses who burns our flag.

My rule is I'm military aged, so I only vote and vocally support a war I'd fight myself. This ain't it, so I won't support people going to fight it for me.
edit on 4-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It's cowardly.

Oh, but yours are?

No, but your post is off topic.

No.

You're defending a killer, a man responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers.

And I find that disgusting.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm glad the bastard is dead, I'm glad we bombed the crap out of him.

The world is a better place with him gone.

Too many are now making excuses, and that's fine.

Just say it loud and proud if you want.

Free speech.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join