It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German foreign minister will seek direct talks with Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

You speak the truth my friend
and if Trump's reading ATS here's one for him. Mr Trump the Europeans don't appreciate what you done for them since 1945. They really don't care for USA indeed they are pretty horrible to you Yanks yet you continue to spend Billions for the defence of the EU and risk American lives in protecting them. Best advice................. Close down ALL USA bases in EU states, they're gonna stab you I the back anyway at some point down the line with their EU Army so cut the waste of time and resources now and let the EU defend itself from Putin and the Muslim states. Screw the EU

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Meh.

Germany is essentially going to be Northern Syria in a few more generations anyways because of thier immigration stupidity.

So why not get the talks started with thier soon-to-be new owners.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: HalWesten

You speak the truth my friend
and if Trump's reading ATS here's one for him. Mr Trump the Europeans don't appreciate what you done for them since 1945. They really don't care for USA indeed they are pretty horrible to you Yanks yet you continue to spend Billions for the defence of the EU and risk American lives in protecting them. Best advice................. Close down ALL USA bases in EU states, they're gonna stab you I the back anyway at some point down the line with their EU Army so cut the waste of time and resources now and let the EU defend itself from Putin and the Muslim states. Screw the EU

OFC he reads ATS and I'm sure he will contact you very soon.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: XCrycek
The Co host of The Apprentice is in charge of American foreign policy.
How dare those pesky Germans use diplomacy to prevent SHTF when the reality show host Donny J Trump knows diplomacy best. No one knows diplomacy better than him

It's painfully obvious that he knows a heck of a lot more about dealing with the issues than Merkel does, or several other EU leaders.

Yes, he learned all that from The Apprentice

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero
At some point the EU through full integration and their new Army is going to be a true rival to the USA / UK, Russia and China. They already are showing they have their own agenda, time to stop giving them the best technologies as they don't deserve them as they don't appreciate the sacrifices all those pre mentioned states did for them back in the day and still do for them to this day. Screw for EU

Sounds more like a *Dads Army* mish/mash to me !!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

The Co host of The Apprentice is in charge of American foreign policy.
How dare those pesky Germans use diplomacy to prevent SHTF when the reality show host Donny J Trump knows diplomacy best. No one knows diplomacy better than him

It's painfully obvious that he knows a heck of a lot more about dealing with the issues than Merkel does, or several other EU leaders.

Yes, he learned all that from The Apprentice

LOL! Jealous much?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
right wingers love war

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
WORLD NEWSJANUARY 4, 2020 / 9:47 PM / UPDATED 5 MINUTES AGO

Not to worry US, German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas is going in with a white flag and free cookies.

This is a disgusting move imo. This is like Germany giving US the finger and go pet the enemy.

BERLIN (Reuters) - German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas will seek direct talks with Iran to try to de-escalate tensions after a U.S. air strike killed Iran’s military commander Qassem Soleimani, a newspaper reported on Saturday.

“In the coming days, we will do all we can to counteract a further escalation of the situation - in the United Nations, the EU and in dialogue with our partners in the region, including in talks with Iran,” Maas told the Bild am Sonntag newspaper.

Maas told the paper he was in close contact with his British and French counterparts, with the European Union’s foreign affairs chief Josep Borrell and with U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

Despite the heightened tension in the region, Maas said he wanted to continue Germany’s deployment of around 120 troops in Iraq under the U.S.-led Operation Inherent Resolve.

www.reuters.com...

I'm for one glad we're distancing ourselves from deranged American presidents and their gunho foreign policy.
It has only caused problems for Europe.

Riiiighttt....like deranged American presidents like Rooselvelt that fought and freed Europe from Nazis or Reagan that fought the Soviet bloc and freed tens of millions from the Iron curtain....

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
right wingers love war

Well that's profound. We do appreciate when a good plan is carried out fully and successfully, something that hasn't happened in a very long time. This business of starting something and not finishing it pisses off most of us but we can't do a darned thing about it because we have no control over our military or congressional leaders. They do what they want.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Two similar minds thinks alike.................. Trump knows what's best I just wish we had him as our leader here in the UK, Trump is a legend in his own life time, our leaders over here are total wimps in comparison and don't stand up for us the working class people, our industries, or our military and our ally Israel. Trump has said by surgically taking our Sulliman and said in this action enough is enough and done something most other leaders are too wimpish to do or don't have the military assets. God bless Trump I love that man

link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

At some point the EU through full integration and their new Army is going to be a true rival to the USA / UK, Russia and China.

The coming fourth Reich. There is no unified EU. There's only Germany. All the other countries are subordinates.

ETA: I'm glad the UK is getting out.

edit on 1-4-2020 by LogicalGraphitti because: add more comentary

link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

As you know I don't give a crap about the EU and think its a thoroughly rotten, corrupt organisation.
But as hard as it seems for some to get their head around something as simple as this that doesn't mean I'm anti-European.

But this has absolutely # all to do with any of that.

The US keeps on telling us that they are big boys now, and they are - sort of.
This mess has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the UK, the EU can do whatever they want but no UK men or women will get dragged into another totally unnecessary and uncalled for armed conflict.

If the US has learnt nothing from Vietnam/Afghanistan/Kuwait/Iraq etc and feels the need to get involved in another # show then that is their business.

But please tell me exactly what is wrong with trying to negotiate some sort of peaceful settlement that doesn't result in any more senseless deaths?

The US's role on the world stage is a complicated issue and deserves a thread all of its own.
So does the appalling attitude of many European member states of NATO and their lack of appreciation for the US.

But this has absolutely # all to do with that.

So again; what is so wrong with trying to broker a diplomatic solution?

edit on 4/1/20 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

For a man who has spent the last three or four years spouting EU propaganda and extolling its so many virtues it does seem quite bizarre seeing you say 'Screw the EU'.

Now its the pro-Trump rhetoric you swallow blindly.

Seems to me you're quite the submissive sort and can't help bending over for anyone who shouts loudly.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Totally agree and the EU is fair bets for marrying to the Mardi Army Iranian transsexual Dads Army for sure
Let thyem eat friggin cake and watch em squeal when Trumpo pulls out thye most powerful military the Planet Eart have ever seen (x 1000) and all those new shiny weapons Vlad's been investing in roll into German and France Poland it's almost a dream come true for Putin

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Trump has been bashing Germany (not to mention our other close allies.) Are you actually surprised that they're not anxious to go to war?

Bush deserves a lot of criticism but he was good at convincing other countries to sacrifice their youth.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Wow germany trying to keep peace and look here, all the anger and hate towards that. The US is really the most warmongering country after WWII BIG TIME and ppl happy defending war and hate even.

I guess US propaganda is even better then Nazi Germany ever was, Nazi germany was only for a couple of years...
edit on 4-1-2020 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Seems to me you're quite the submissive sort and can't help bending over for anyone who shouts loudly.

Economically FB the EU make one hell lot of sense................You can move your stuff around no hassles and pay for it with the same coin wherever you are. Ecomically it's total awesome. You couldn't have it better and I'm sure all Yanks would agree it's the same in the States with no hassles of tariffs border controls and currecy changes. But economy wise and that's it. Move from the economy to world politics and the EU are as dodgy as it gets. They are so different from us and our US brothers it scares me. They literally are different almost a separate species, you can't trust them. The only Euro's I've had a tru laugh with are Dutch b ut I'd much rather spend a night wit a Yank or a Ruskie proper good people. TheEuropeans don't play it fair financially and only really like us and the US when it comes to our military capability. Hence FB and we are all a little schizophrenic at heart which I'm sure you'll go with
...................... So...................... Screw the EU

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No surprise, seeing as German exports to Iran were rising until 2019. Sounds like Germany may be looking at recession, and I suppose Germany sees this as a good opportunity to fix their trade.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Gee thanks for the 120 troops Germany!
Another case of the disproportionate “help” from allied countries.

You can send Trump Jr. to war. We don't want to die fighting your bs banker wars.

Alright, leave NATO, and support yourselves.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pluginn
Wow germany trying to keep peace and look here, all the anger and hate towards that. The US is really the most warmongering country after WWII BIG TIME and ppl happy defending war and hate even.

I guess US propaganda is even better then Nazi Germany ever was, Nazi germany was only for a couple of years...

Perhaps the timing is not that great, sends the wrong message to Iran and US.
As in they support Iran and despise USA, and only fuel the rage in Iran in this ongoing conflict

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join