It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic of Tea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I've never gotten into milk in my tea. If the tea is gotten that far, then it's time to make it a bit weaker for me.

I'm also not a sweet tea person unless the blend itself is a sweet one.

I cannot do coffee without milk though.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Tea Song by Sam Browne
youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I have hibiscus outside my front door. It has no flowers now. I use the flowers for my hair, now I am going to have to try it as a tea. I am going to let my brother try it.

I hope he likes hibiscus tea, maybe it will keep my brother away from my roses.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I substituted coconut "cannabutter" into my morning green tea wake me up cup o heaven.

Then in the afternoon coffee and eggnog [1/2&1/2] with a table spoon of coconut "cannabutter" painfree on the job till 1am.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My sister is a big tea fanatic. I like it, but I'm still learning (like coffee better). Anyway, I bought her a couple hundred dollars of loose teas from Asia (China, Malaysia, Thailand) and India. She went crazy; loved them.

I'm that tea person. Everyone knows I love it, so it is often gifted to me. I think I have over a 20 years supply right now, 100% from gifts. Some do not have a long shelf life, so as sacrilegious as it is, I've even used some to make ice tea. Let me tell ya, ice tea made from fancy loose leaf tea is a thing of beauty!

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Oh my goodness! I have a pitcher of raspberry ganauche in my refrigerator right now, made for the same reason. I have another bag of something that is about to age out. The label is missing, I just remember it was in a small tin, I think it is blueberry, it will be next.

I just got a package of Red Bush tea and a package of dandelion root and leaf tea about an hour ago that I can barely wait to try.

My sister has a birthday this year, she only gets one every four years. My three other sisters and I are flying to IN to surprise her for her birthday in February. We are planning a grand tea party for her.

I got the idea from Night Star, the picture in her post got the wheels to turning, and my sisters are crazy about idea. I have plenty of tea with plenty of variety. I just hope I don't have any problems getting it on to the plane.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I also love tea. I was drinking it at every opportunity I had up until recently.

I discovered there is actually one potential unhealthy downside of drinking too much tea - It is that caffeine in the tea is a strong diuretic and it can actually dehydrate you significantly to unhealthy levels of hydration.

I didn't realize this effect was significant up until recently.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have had a very crazy chaotic day, and it is not yet over. I was thinking maybe a cup of tea would help with bringing me back to a more calm spirit and demeanor. When I opened my pantry, the first thing my eyes fell upon was some champagne that was left over from the holidays. Just as I was thinking that maybe a glass of champagne may be better after the end of the day for relaxing, another thought came to mind.

I plan on giving it a try one stroke after midnight.

Green Tea Champagne
2 tablespoons green tea leaves
750 milliliters champagne (brut, or prosecco, chilled)
mint leaves (for garnish, optional)

www.rachaelraymag.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I only drink Tea, never got into Coffee at all, (although some chocolate-covered Coffee beans are wonderful for a bit of a zip).

My Achilles heel is TAZO Chai Tea (not the latte's)

To me....... it's the nectar of the Tea Gods
Johnny

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

My Mother just bought that same brand over the weekend. She loves it. I haven't tried it yet. I am going to have to give it a go.

I made a concotion this morning that I haven't had a chance to try. Got called away just as I had set it up to steep. It should be strong enough to wax my legs when I get home.

I blended ginger, red bush tea, and turmeric. I didn't even get a chance to taste it. This cold weather has my joints a creaking, a moaning, and a groaning. Working on an anti-inflamation blend to lubricate and keep me moving.

I love blending different teas. Last night I had mixed berries, it was really good.

Addendum

The flavor of the blend is nice. I will have to give a try for a a couple of days to see if it helps with the joint pain.

edit on 8-1-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Addendum.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am hoping some of you will test this out for me. I have degenerative joint disease. When I first get up in the morning, I sound and feel like the Tin Man in he Wizard of Oz. My joints ache like crazy, though movement gets the stiffness out, the pain doesn't really improve that much.

I made a large pitcher of ice tea last week and just so happened to have made it by combining Dandelion tea and Ginger/Turmeric tea, half and half. I have been sipping on that tea all day everyday for a week. About three days in, I noticed the pain in my joints was a bit less. Now after a week, I know that the pain is greatly "reduced".

I don't want to stop drinking the tea, in case that is what is doing it, but I can't honestly say it is the tea, though I have done nothing else differently. So I am hoping that some of you will be willing to give it a try and report back yeah or nay.

I forgot, I sweetened it with honey harvested from my Brother's hive. So if you like it sweetened, let me know if you used a sweetener and what kind.

Thanks to anyone willing to give it a go.
edit on 21-1-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Fixed spelling error.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

My Achilles heel is TAZO Chai Tea (not the latte's)

I love coffee, I love tea, but somehow I never could get into Chai. I don't like milk or cream in my tea either.
There is something about the clear astringent property of a good black tea that I really appreciate. Somehow the milk/cream takes that away and makes it soft. (i'd use the word slimy but that sounds gross)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

One of the perks of my husband's job is that he gets goodies sent to him from contacts all over the world. One of those was actual good grade Chinese tea. It's fabulous stuff.

Was it possibly Silver Needle White Tea?? Thats some particularly tasty stuff!

Im more of a Southern Sweet Tea.. chug it by the gallon type of gal since I cut back on coffee. I have a weakness for turkish coffee and black tea. I do have a large tea brick I inherited from my grandfather when he was in Japan in the late 40's early 50's. No, Im not about to try it.. being that old! LOL! I think its more of a currency tea anyway. My mother is such a tea-freak Ive joked with her about us not being Asian and her verging on cultural appropriation...

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I know what you mean about enjoying the natural flavor of the tea without additives. I enjoy some teas like that also. Just the tea pure, nothing added.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Reporting in.

I have had three positive reports of relief with the dandelion/ginger and turmeric combo.

It really has helped me with my joint pains, and the three that reported their results after several weeks of drinking at least one cup a day, say they are having less pain and is able to move around better.

Now I am working on a good combo for aiding in sleep. This will be a bit more difficult since I have zero trouble sleeping. My head hits the pillow and I am out like a light.
edit on 4-2-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Now I am working on a good combo for aiding in sleep. This will be a bit more difficult since I have zero trouble sleeping. My head hits the pillow and I am out like a light.

Chamomile &/or Lavender tea

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Tried chamomile and peppermint, will throw in some lavender as soon as I pick up some.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Tried chamomile and peppermint, will throw in some lavender as soon as I pick up some.

Thanks.

To me peppermint has a stimulating effect, it is also good for digestion. I would not use peppermint for sleep, but that is just me.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hopefully this post isn’t considered off topic, but I thought I’d add a visual and a fun song .. ( which actually has a lot of truth to the lyrics ).

“You can’t be ..everybody’s cup of tea” ( it really is a cute song using tea as the comparison to life)

My son is trying to get me to drink more green tea.. I should listen to his advice.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I love those glass tea sets but I've broken the pouring tip one too many times. I think I've had three of them. I still have the bottom part that warms the teapot with a tealight. With good water, and a nice tea, the color is just beautiful, almost like stained glass.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join