It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am A Trump Supporter But I Can't Get Behind This Attack.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
it's like Tijuana.... hardcore trumpets vs the even more hardcore trumpets....
the ones who think Trump can do no wrong vs the sacrilege who even mutters a criticism.
🤭🤣

What does that even mean? Trump says and does stupid crap all the time. There is not a single person here that would disagree with me. The reason why you feel the way you do is there are people who think Trump NEVER does a single thing right. If 90% of what Trump has done was actually Obama doing the same thing the left would be praising him. Case in point "kids in cages" which was done under Obama not Trump, but that bugger was flicked on to Trump by the left...lol

Name me 5 big things you think Trump has done right and I'll name you 5 big things he has done wrong...that would be a good start...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I have a background in Islamic study. I was a practicing Sunnie Muslim for many years.

1. Then why did you misspell it if youre so well versed in the studies of it and were practicing?

Also if you were practicing Sunni then that explains a lot of why youre upset over this.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I look at it like this...

In the US, if you murder someone, you are found, tried and convicted of murder. The penalty is usually imprisonment and possibly death. The same stands if an American is abroad and commits murder.

Considering imprisoning this murderer was probably nearly impossible, he was found, judged and sentenced. The outcome was payment for his murders.

If you, your family, your friend or relative is murdered in cold blood - perhaps even severely tortured prior to... Wouldn't you want the guilty to pay for that horrible, fatal brutality? Anyone in their right mind would likely say yes.

This is what we have done. I support this action no matter the outcome. If it comes that more Americans are murdered because of this - then I expect more retaliation. Just as it goes, sans obama, WE DO NOT BARGAIN WITH TERRORISTS! The same is true for those who murder our people and should go for anyone that kills the innocent no matter where they are in the world.

What if WAR comes of this?

If you retaliate because we killed someone who murdered Americans, we should continue to retaliate until those guilty are eradicated or just plain give up. We should NOT give way. We should NOT submit. We should be damn proud Americans and support the utter destruction of those who wish to harm us and try to remove our freedoms.

If it's war they want... Let There Be War! Lives will be lost on both sides but we SHALL NOT LIE DOWN! We shall not trade the lives of the innocent just because we're scared to ignite a war.... Such is for cowards!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Soleimani was lightly wounded while fighting in Syria, outside of Al-Eis. Reports initially speculated that he was seriously or gravely injured.

He was quoted as saying, "Martyrdom is what I seek in mountains and valleys, but it isn't granted yet".

So what's the problem?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Kapusta

I disagree with you. If you want to argue that Iran hasn't attacked another country in 200 years AND then throw in the qualifier "unprovoked" then I will argue that the US didn't attack Iran unprovoked as well. At some point threats, promises of death, and direct association to attackers of US interests, embassies, and allies in the region were going to provoke the US into action. This week's attacks were the US reaching their threshold of tolerance for Tehran's bullsnip.

Do we know why the general was in town, shortly after an embassy attack?

Hmm...

He's been busy conducting the fight against ISIS and personally defusing their bombs for the last few years and was a prominent political figure in Iraq. He was head of Hashd al-Shaabi in Iraq who are allies with Iraqi troops in the fight against ISIS.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
General of the Qud Force because of his Impeachment Process SNAFU

I'm not sure how this would help him in anyway dealing with the impeachment which he has already won as it has driven up his approval ratings and woke up his base. This has left the Left in shambles as most see this as only a partisan move with such a weak lineup of candidates.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Your average Iranians are cheering this dude's death... That should tell you something. He was a monster and deserved it.

Trump just showed the world he is willing to vaporize any POS that threatens America or it's interests. Better than sending pallets of money in hopes they play nice...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Iran is just as much war pigs as everyone else.. here are some

Iranian Revolution and Consolidation
(1979-1983)

Iran–Iraq War
(1980–1988)

Sistan and Baluchestan insurgency
(2004–2005)

Syrian Civil War
(2011–present)

Iraqi Civil War
(2014–2017)

Ohh and that guy US killed.. had 600 Americans killed in Iraqi, he was the mastermind behind coordinated strikes.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Can someone tell me what exactly Iran and the US are fighting over?

The prime proof this is all a scam to start a war( and it's going to be terrible war folks, believe me)

Is the fact that the US and Iran DONT HAVE ANY WAR ISSUES!

Sure, Iran and its religious fanatics can be manipulated. That's the point. That's just what Trump is doing, UNDER DEEP STATE GUIDANCE to provoke Iran

But actually there are no real strategic issues against Iran.

NEXT IS A FALSE FLAG and then the US will start the war saying Iran did whatever terrorist incident the US initiated, another 911 type False Flag

Folks were in big trouble

Pay your debts and get prepared for the worse

They are fighting over Iran taking over most of the Middle East. Since they are clear they hate our guts them having control of all the oil supply there is not to good for us. That and their claims they will nuke Israel if they get the chance, which I don’t believe.

I do not understand how you can really believe trump is controlled by the deep state when they have been trying to destroy him for three years straight. It’s like you are incapable of using logic.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

First. That NOT the deep state trying to get Trump. Its partisan politics.

The GOP went after Clinton that was NOT the deep state

The Dems go after Bush and Trump is NOT the deep state its ordinary partisan hardball politics

Who is Iran going to take over in the ME?

Only maybe parts of Lebanon through Hezbollah

But Hezbollah is a huge part of Lebanon already

Iran has no imperial designs to rule any other nation.

And no one in the ME would let them.

It’s the US with the invasion of Iraq that empowered Iran.

The truth of the matter is they have been and are now provoking Iran to start a war with the US.

edit on 4-1-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The truth of the matter is they have been and are now provoking Iran to start a war with the US.

Iran is behind most of the instability in the ME by financing every radicle group around them. Tomorrow Iran could say we are done with supporting every terrorist group and want to live as friends of all and there would not be a single county that would attack them or even threaten them in any way. They could join the world and have zero need to anything but a small military, but their regime is based on having a bogeyman or two, and you can't have a bogeyman if you are friends with them.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

search embassy damage pictures Baghdad

I was looking at the pictures a couple of days ago of the burned out guard check point there is all kinds of stuff painted on the walls, trying to find the one captioned with his name said they were chanting his name at one point, and painting it on the walls.

here's a good link of pics of the carnage I'll post where I found his name painted ASAP
www.buzzfeednews.com... sanchez/dramatic-photos-of-the-us-embassy-attack-in-iraq

Here is one reference to it

Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
·
Jan 2
Replying to
@LucasFoxNews
“Soleimani is our leader,” written under window by Iran-backed militiamen
U.S. Embassy Baghdad

twitter.com...

not saying it couldn't be staged but it looks legit, thoughts..

edit on 4-1-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Iran is behind most of the instability in the ME by financing every radicle group around them. Tomorrow Iran could say we are done with supporting every terrorist group and want to live as friends of all and there would not be a single county that would attack them or even threaten them in any way. They could join the world and have zero need to anything but a small military, but their regime is based on having a bogeyman or two, and you can't have a bogeyman if you are friends with them.

And what about Iraq, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Etc…

All the countries the US destabilized or destroyed

They always say what you say as an excuse to meddle.

Granted Iran is militant but it was the US who supported Iraq in the war they started against Iran.

Iraq was the aggressor.

American support for Ba'athist Iraq during the Iran–Iraq War, in which it fought against post-revolutionary Iran, included several billion dollars' worth of economic aid, the sale of dual-use technology, non-U.S. origin weaponry, military intelligence, and special operations training.

en.wikipedia.org...

U.S. government support for Iraq was not a secret and was frequently discussed in open sessions of the Senate and House of Representatives. On June 9, 1992, Ted Koppel reported on ABC's Nightline that the "Reagan/Bush administrations permitted—and frequently encouraged—the flow of money, agricultural credits, dual-use technology, chemicals, and weapons to Iraq."[4]

edit on 4-1-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Ah yes, Great Satan.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Im not a Trump supporter half the time he runs around clueless especially in foreign affairs. However having said that a line needed to be drawn at this point. We allowed them to attack and down a drone. We allowed them to attack and detain US navy personnel. We allowed them to attack shipping but the moment they killed a US citizen it was time to send a message. They killed a US contractor and tried to send a message by attacking a US embassy.

Make no mistake they wanted the US to know the attack on the embassy was caused by Iran. They literally put Suleimani name on the walls. Him being killed within 24 hrs shows the US will not put up with attacking or killing US citizens. Thats where the line was drawn.

Having spent alot of time in the middle east i will tell you they only respect strength. They will continue until you make it to costly for them to do so.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That is an accurate term if you're from Iraq, Libya, Syria, and now Iran.

And victims of 911

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What this guy said.... StallionDuck nailed it.

Trump did the right thing end of story....

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I look at it like this...

In the US, if you murder someone, you are found, tried and convicted of murder. The penalty is usually imprisonment and possibly death. The same stands if an American is abroad and commits murder.

Considering imprisoning this murderer was probably nearly impossible, he was found, judged and sentenced. The outcome was payment for his murders.

If you, your family, your friend or relative is murdered in cold blood - perhaps even severely tortured prior to... Wouldn't you want the guilty to pay for that horrible, fatal brutality? Anyone in their right mind would likely say yes.

This is what we have done. I support this action no matter the outcome. If it comes that more Americans are murdered because of this - then I expect more retaliation. Just as it goes, sans obama, WE DO NOT BARGAIN WITH TERRORISTS! The same is true for those who murder our people and should go for anyone that kills the innocent no matter where they are in the world.

What if WAR comes of this?

If you retaliate because we killed someone who murdered Americans, we should continue to retaliate until those guilty are eradicated or just plain give up. We should NOT give way. We should NOT submit. We should be damn proud Americans and support the utter destruction of those who wish to harm us and try to remove our freedoms.

If it's war they want... Let There Be War! Lives will be lost on both sides but we SHALL NOT LIE DOWN! We shall not trade the lives of the innocent just because we're scared to ignite a war.... Such is for cowards!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
On an ordinary political level, outside of deep state politics, the killing was wrong for the simple reason this guy was NOT a terrorist in the usual sense. He was an Iranian mainstream general and the US IS NOT at war with Iran

They had no right in killing a general from a sovereign country.

What they’ve done is open up the US and others to the same treatment.

They know this that's why they have told US people to get out, and are now sending thousands of troops back to Iraq.

What are they doing in Iraq?

The US started this by bombing a Shia militia. What right does the US have in Iraq TO BOMB A MILITIA. That was before the embassy riot.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

And what about Iraq, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Etc…
All the countries the US destabilized or destroyed
They always say what you say as an excuse to meddle.
Granted Iran is militant but it was the US who supported Iraq in the war they started against Iran.
Iraq was the aggressor.

Nothing you say here takes away from my statement, and as a good number of those countries you listed support and house terrorist not to mention they all are controlled by warlords that goes back a few 1000 years of war culture. I'm not sure how much the US has created any of this compared to the US just playing in their sandbox as they would be the same way even if we were not there.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

They had no right in killing a general from a sovereign country.

Even if they had intel that he was directing controlling the Embassy attacks along with planning future ones? You know the brits were really pissed at us too when we targeted their battlefield officers during the Revolutionary wars...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join