It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Analysts: Syria's Assad Not in Control

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
As I have been saying there is some things in the background, you all laugh and scoff at Iraq, but watch Syria and Lebanon very closely and also watch Turkey in the next few months.........

Just wait and see....



Analysts: Syria's Assad Not in Control

Analysts: Syria's Assad Not in Control



CAIRO, Egypt -- For Arab, European and U.S. officials trying to pressure Syria to withdraw its troops from Lebanon, a key mystery is how much control Syrian President Bashar Assad actually has over his country.

Lately, Assad himself seems determined to convince the world he calls few of the shots.


While his supporters insist Assad is in full control, many foreign governments and outside experts believe a small circle of aides who previously advised his late father, President Hafez Assad, still cling to positions of power that may tie Assad's hands.
Even members of the 39-year-old Assad's own family, including a younger brother who heads a military commando unit based in Damascus, the capital, may hold considerable and opposing sway, those familiar with Syria say.

And the military's role in the country's affairs is still strong.



Syria Getting Missiles From N. Korea

Syria Getting Missiles From N. Korea



United Nations -- "We are concerned about the North Koreans in Syria and the missiles they are selling," revealed a senior official in the Israeli foreign ministry.
The official, who spoke on background, made it clear that Jerusalem is "increasing" concerned about the North Korean presence in the Middle East.

According to the Israeli official and seconded by U.S. officials, the North Koreans are in Syria "to service and train" the military in the use of newly acquired ballistic missiles.

CIA chief Porter Goss reported on the North Korean activity in Syria during a recent hearing on Capitol Hill.

"These are updated Scuds with far more accuracy," explained the Israeli. He went on to explain that "all of Israel" is within range of these new weapons.

North Korea, explained the Israeli, is picking up part of the weapons void left by the dissolution of the old Soviet Union. "They sell weapons and the price is cheap," he added




posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Interesting that you put this up Ed. I was just postulating this in the ATSNN story I posted about Kofi saying the U.N. must accept Hesbollah as a political force.

My money? Its on Iran



posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Interesting that you put this up Ed. I was just postulating this in the ATSNN story I posted about Kofi saying the U.N. must accept Hesbollah as a political force.

My money? Its on Iran


Well I don't think so Iran is under EXTREME pressure at teh moment and it is fixing to get worse...



posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Assad is a two bit punk. He hasn't got 'it' and
is a mere shadow of what his father was.
I betchya' he hasn't got a clue as to what
most of his government is doing behind his back.
Still .... he's still an evil little creep.



posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
he's still an evil little creep.


Who is running scared, he knows his time is short.......



posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
OH man! more lies about Syria and N.Korean hu? Please U.N. Officials I (Siberiantiger)ask you to show us "Pictures" of N.Korean officials meeting in Syria when you do that then we will believe you.



posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
OH man! more lies about Syria and N.Korean hu? Please U.N. Officials I (Siberiantiger)ask you to show us "Pictures" of N.Korean officials meeting in Syria when you do that then we will believe you.


They didnt , they met in Moscow......................





You crack me up man, thanks I needed a good laugh.



posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
YOU laugh because you THINK what you see on tv is real CNN reports about wmd's Syria doing this doing that,YOU and people like YOU are truly convinced that there is no conspirousy to get Arab land and oil for jews by U.S. Military but you'll see real soon your AAAALLLL gonna see all these lies when just in the nick of time the U.S. Gov will blow up a nuke in a U.S. city and blame it on some Arab group, then they'll say Iran or Syria had a hand in it of some sort.



posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiberianTiger
YOU laugh because you THINK what you see on tv is real CNN reports about wmd's Syria doing this doing that,YOU and people like YOU are truly convinced that there is no conspirousy to get Arab land and oil for jews by U.S. Military but you'll see real soon your AAAALLLL gonna see all these lies when just in the nick of time the U.S. Gov will blow up a nuke in a U.S. city and blame it on some Arab group, then they'll say Iran or Syria had a hand in it of some sort.


You get good weed in Russia dont you?




top topics



 
0

log in

join