It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tobacco Law a Psychology Experiment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Now that’s a real bad deal if I ever saw one.
How good was the cough syrup back then?
a reply to: Phage

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The vape scare was the catalyst in all this, and the outcome largely has nothing to do with it.
Taking advantage of timely turmoil for an agenda already preconceived, just waiting.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Now that’s a real bad deal if I ever saw one.
How good was the cough syrup back then?
a reply to: Phage

Vicks 44D, had codeine, sold over the counter and worked very nicely to suppress a cough. I never turned into an opioid addict either.
It tasted a lot like Jaegermeister.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ahhh the good ol days eh? Only 1 in 5 people who take drugs become addicts anyway.

www.businessinsider.com...
Bayers children’s heroin! Get it while it’s hot.
a reply to: butcherguy

edit on 5-1-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The Prisoners getting Vapes is actually a nice gesture...Not common in the states if at all. Jails are smoke free...

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: 2ndTenor

I don't see why it's a social experiment. I don't think it will create the great deal of tension you think it will. In the UK they raised the smoking age from 16 to 18 with not much objection at all and no tension.

Smoking is a huge killer in my country so really most people saw the benefits of raising the age limit.

As for it being a conspiracy that it has suddenly been implemented without any warning. Well how closely do you follow the process of forming legislation? In the UK we wouldn't know what was about to be legislated on unless we watched the parliament channel or read transcripts. Sometimes the media will report on it prior but only if they have an agenda and there doesn't seem to be one here.

I'm quite surprised at the amount of people commenting who are against their government doing this. Sometimes things are done simply to improve health outcomes for people. To save money in the long run. It's not always a sinister conspiracy.

I was impressed that US was banning vapes. THEY are worthy of a conspiracy BTW and yes they are HUGELY popular with young people and despite no long term evidence that they are safe they were issued to every state prisoner who smokes after the smoking bans were implented in the prisons...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join