It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals: Would You Support Trump If…

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Yeah, that's the real problem. I'm fairly confident he'd try though if everyone suspended the hate for a moment and told him we'd have his back as long as he was making progress.

Honestly, I don't think he would. It isn't TDS or some similar illness. The world just doesn't work that way and I think he is enough of a "player" to know how the game goes.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Indeed, no matter how much one wants to spin it, reality is if everyone has a firearm, safety becomes sporadic, relative to who has a gun and is willing to use it.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

This why they are quiet on Chinese penetration...

Yeah, but it isn't very deep.

Sorry, just had to.
edit on 4-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   

So, Liberals, if Trump would actually, and could actually, end our nation-building-mass destruction-loving-military-industrial-complex-terrorist-making-cilvilian-collateral-damaging effed-up foreign policy of the last 50-yrs…would you support him in that endeavor?
Please answer the question first followed by any reasoning you want to add & a sincere Thank You for your participation.

I'd contribute, but I'm not a liberal. Not any longer.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: dawnstar
What happened to the "we're bringing our troops home.."..?

Gee i don't know - could it be the Muslims on tv in front of a burning embassy surrounded by gun toting ragheads screaming " we will kill any u.s citizens or journalists or military personnel" that they could get their hands on.

Are you suffering dementia?

Then why have troops been moving to the Middle East for months now when that attack only happened days ago?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN
a reply to: sine.nomine

No matter if he does one good thing, he and the conservatives are still raping our country.

Get it?

And whom, pray tell, would not be raping our country as president in your eyes? What has Trump actually done that is so evil? Who was better, in your opinion? And how does that fall on conservatism? Keep in mind I was Democrat until Trump...

And no, I still don't get the comparison. It's absolutely asinine.

ETA: actual evidence would be good. Not cnn conjecture or vice news or whatever. If I have to hear another friend of a friend of a friend of a friend story, I just won't believe it. Because why the hell would I?
edit on 4-1-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Maybe Gary Johnson or Jill Stein.

No guarantees of course but, then you would have to ask yourself, what is really the problem?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Maybe Gary Johnson or Jill Stein.

No guarantees of course but, then you would have to ask yourself, what is really the problem?

Honestly, I entertained the thought. But Jesus, have you heard those two talk? So the question could go both ways. What is the problem?

Is Trump the answer to that question? (As in, is he the problem?)

ETA: I went to the polls to vote for Darrell Castle (constitutionalist party). I couldn't remember his running mates first name so due to state law couldn't vote for him and went with the Trump. No regrets. The guy who gave me a ride to the polls ditched me in a cornfield 30 miles from the nearest town because I said "I don't understand what Trump did wrong" about a month later...

Edit again: that guy was set to me my best man... Needless to say he wasn't involved at all in the wedding.
edit on 4-1-2020 by sine.nomine because: Autocorrect is a detriment to society.

edit on 4-1-2020 by sine.nomine because: Seriously, a detriment.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Darrell Castle? Didn't even know he ran for president until I wiki'ed him.

That might be a good indication of the problem. Most people think there are only 2 choices.

Both side of the media give time to only those two, even if they did or didn't do nothing wrong.

To your "edit again": Life is like that. "They" feed you a bunch of lies and then the truth smacks you in the face.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Darrell Castle? Didn't even know he ran for president until I wiki'ed him.

That might be a good indication of the problem. Most people think there are only 2 choices.

Both side of the media give time to only those two, even if they did or didn't do nothing wrong.

Lol, yeah I know. But I believe in voting for who you believe in. Castle was that. Trump happened to be the backup. Castle was supposed to be on the ballot here. Campaigning should be illegal.
😊

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That seems pretty shady. Not wanting to US bash but, really? I'm actually a little shocked.

I have posted, a few times, that there were 4 candidates for POTUS in 2016. There were more, or at least one more?

Honestly, both Orange Man Bad or savior lose a lot of meaning. The phrase, two sides of the same coin, come to mind.

Not knocking your choice, just acknowledging that you really didn't have one.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Thats a lotta WTF but he asks a valid question.

WTF again

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

That seems pretty shady. Not wanting to US bash but, really? I'm actually a little shocked.

I have posted, a few times, that there were 4 candidates for POTUS in 2016. There were more, or at least one more?

Honestly, both Orange Man Bad or savior lose a lot of meaning. The phrase, two sides of the same coin, come to mind.

Not knocking your choice, just acknowledging that you really didn't have one.

I don't understand why it's shady. Of the four candidates you mentioned, who was the best choice? Are you talking about Clinton, Trump, Stein, and Johnson? How was Stein a better candidate than Castle?

I don't like the election process here, but without people voting third party, it'll be a two-party trap forever. Stein and Johnson never stood a chance. Neither did Castle. But I'll vote for who I believe would be best before voting along party lines.

I guess I don't understand how Castle was a part of "two sides of the same coin". I knew he wouldn't win, but if the party gets a certain percentage of votes, they get airtime. F*cked up, but true.

I'll never cast a vote for someone that I think is an evil piece of dog poo, regardless of party.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   
A lot of conservatives hate Trump as well. I’m thinking conservative Inc and the #Nevertrump movement. Anti-Trumpism has no political allegiances.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I meant that it was shady that even for those of us with eyes open we didn't see that there was even another candidate, which never got a mention.

I guess I don't understand how Castle was a part of "two sides of the same coin"

I didn't mean it that way. I meant that if people don't know about the other choices, they only have "two sides of the same coin" to chose from.

if the party gets a certain percentage of votes, they get airtime. F*cked up, but true

I know, that is why it is important to vote that way even if in that particular election it is a throw away vote. In the long run it isn't.

Then again, there are no guarantees, because when you dance with the devil, the devil doesn't change, the devil changes you.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Grimpachi

Indeed, no matter how much one wants to spin it, reality is if everyone has a firearm, safety becomes sporadic, relative to who has a gun and is willing to use it.

Guns or no guns safety is relative. Guns are the great equalizer.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I'm a Conservative and I just can't bring myself to support him. He makes lots of promises but he never has a plan to fulfil them. I'd rather vote for a Democrat who i was confident could do at least some of what I want than trump who doesn't know how to achieve any of the thing that I want.

He hasn't built the wall, he hasn't drained the swamp and he hasn't locked her up.

What he has done is to water down environmental laws that are allowing the wealthy elite to pump out toxins into my environment, and to start a trade war that harms small businesses and farmers who produce real products while barely effecting Liberal elite like Besos of amazon fame or the clones at Facebook who have electronic services.

If trump wants my vote he needs to go to the small towns and to come up with a plan to help Blue collar America. And not by reopening coal mines which are yesterday's industry, and have no room for expansion into the new century.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: The GUT

So, Liberals, if Trump would actually, and could actually, end our nation-building-mass destruction-loving-military-industrial-complex-terrorist-making-cilvilian-collateral-damaging effed-up foreign policy of the last 50-yrs…would you support him in that endeavor?

So China and Russia could move in to fill the void? I don't think so.

Besides his terrible foreign policy, and his horrible immigration policy, I don't like Trump's domestic policies any better.

Gut, I'd say to use this one as a barometer. She is as down with the sickness as any of them. She would be angry at Trump for curing cancer. Taking away money from innocent doctors.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I see what you mean now. And I agree. Star for the kind exchange. I wish more conversations were still like this around here. A true pleasure.

And for the record you never came off as being US bashing.

"The devil doesn't change, the devil changes you". I like that. I get night terrors often, and my wife has woken up to me making mocking faces/noises and wondering what the hell I was doing. I was mocking the devil every time. Reminded me of that...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Gut, I'd say to use this one as a barometer. She is as down with the sickness as any of them. She would be angry at Trump for curing cancer. Taking away money from innocent doctors.

Yeah. These days I usually just drop in and lurk for giggles if there's a topic I know will 'splode the 4 or 5 'splodey heads here still willing to take a logic beating but still too dense to grasp that they are. It's become a form of mild entertainment.

But I thought I'd give this thread concept a try because I've just experienced a "Wow" moment in my own household.

A CNN captive--whom I love very much anyway lol--finally and on their own got a good whiff of the flaming hypocrisy & propaganda while watching coverage of Soleiman's last dance. An innocent soul who just got their first look at MSM evil and was rather shocked. Enough so it made them rethink the last few years. A true lightbulb-moment and we stayed up late. Good talk.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join