It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna talk to ET?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Now you can, for just a low low price of $3.99 per minute!

Holla @ ET

www.TalkToAliens.com, the world's first "Intergalactic Communication System" has announced that it is fully operational, and is transmitting phone calls from the public into deep space. The system is online 24 hours a day.

They will be pointing there dish to the heavens, and for 4 bucks a minute you can say what on your mind to whoever or whatever is listening.

I'm not so sure that they will even break even on this...But who know, maybe people will think its therapeutic to discuss your life to the stars.

oh, and thats not all. There working on giving you the ability to send e-mails and instant messaging. and farther down the line you will be able to send ET your digital pictures and video recordings.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sounds like a scam. How would you know that these people are doing what they say they do, rather than let you soak the minutes? Would make more sense to throw your money into a pool.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I called ....

"Aliens from outer spaces. I beg of you to come and abduct to most inteligent life form of earth. He can be found in a white house and his name is George. Causing lots of problems for the less intelligent humans we are. I will in return pay you with 2 tons of reeses pieces fresh from the factory".

LOL So lame I know.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow this is certainly a laugh. I hope they don't get a lot of business.... They don't deserve it...

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A lot of our phone calls get broadcast out to deep space as a side effect of sending them to satellites for free. This is a scam.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think it would be cheaper to make your own satellite. Or call Mrs. Cleo and get her to use her psychic powers to contact them while I get myself a free reading.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Will the transmitted signals just be sent back to Earth though through the realms of time, so we will actually be effectively hearing ourselves anyway?

Why would anyone want to anyway?! It's kind of sad...but if you're into that sort of stuff I guess...???????..........?????????.......

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

A lot of our phone calls get broadcast out to deep space as a side effect of sending them to satellites for free. This is a scam.

Although this is a very good point, but they are sending it deliberatly to a dense star cluster so the chances are bigger, still it's a rip off and obviously for them to make some big bucks off something that will probably never go anywhere.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is silly, there are so many transmissions in space right now (both diliberate and not). Between radio waves and satelites, and cell phones using satelites, why pay your hard earned money for something like this.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Depending on how you look at it, no. Yes, you can already do this for free, but they're still doing what they say they will, for a price. No scam in that. It's silly, but not a scam.

Personally, I'll use that money to get talked dirty to for a minute. (or 4 minutes depending on who you call
)

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Seems to me EBEs don't use Radio signals locally. Lazar light or beams still not known by the likes of SETI though they have finnaly accepted light beams as a possible transmittle possibility (after how many wasted years?)

But I suppose we'll all continue to play along..when some of our more advanced ufology people already are convinced their right here now !!

Dallas

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Alright, I visited this website making the advertisments and looked up the parabolic satelite system they say they are using. So maybe the 4 bucks a minute wouldn't be such a bad deal if you only want so send a short message. If you were really into this kind of thing though it looks like you could pick up one of these these on your own. I guess it really depends on how much time and money you have.

If you were going to go that far wouldn't it be much easier to just contribute to something someone was already working on instead of spending your money??

setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...
or
setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

This has also been discussed on ATS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5/14/2005 by Apration]

[edit on 5/14/2005 by Apration]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I may be totally wrong here and forgive me if i am, but wouldnt EVERY sattelite phonecall be broadcast into space anyway???

Many people use sattelite phones and they are also available to use on ships, planes etc!

If the waves of conversation are projected up to a sattelite in space then wouldnt they also travel past the sattelite and off into deep space to be listened to by our alien neighbours in years to come???

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
If the waves of conversation are projected up to a sattelite in space then wouldnt they also travel past the sattelite and off into deep space to be listened to by our alien neighbours in years to come???

You try listening to a terran cell phone from the moon, much less another planet.

pao

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
man if they hear half of the things i hear when people are on the phone, ETs might just come and blow us up so they dont have to deal with us

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by pao
man if they hear half of the things i hear when people are on the phone, ETs might just come and blow us up so they dont have to deal with us

You ever hear of Greg Rogell? He's a comedian with a good bit about cell phones, and terrorists using them to kill us.

Personally, I think they'll stop listening, don't wanna get hit with roaming.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This is a scam lol, it's obvious. Your Tv will broadcast messages into space, and like said, some cell phones will do the same.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
This is a scam lol, it's obvious. Your Tv will broadcast messages into space, and like said, some cell phones will do the same.

well, not your tv.

Satellite phones do...and if you have a satellite tv service (not cable), then there big dish that points to there satelite, which then gets beamed down to your house. So you cant, but you satellite company can.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus

Imight direct you to one of my previous posts, but suffice to say they do what they say they will, and hence is not a scam. By your arguement, fried chicken from KFC is a scam since you can do it yourself.

At any rate, what murcielago said (
)

new topics

top topics

join