It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More airstrikes in Iraq

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

seems like these people's whereabouts have been getting tracked for a while.. this doesn't seem like easy intel to realize..

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: DBCowboy

STOP TAKING THEIR CRAP AND START DEALING IT OUT!

We've been dealing it out over there for 19 years.... This round.

Bless our hearts.

I won't weep for fallen fundamentalist jihadis... But boy does if suck to think about most of my life, we've been there.

That's the problem, we've been there for 19 years. We should have gone in, cleaned house and helped set up a stabilized system. Anything else is a waste of time, money and blood.

As a nation we no longer have the political will to do that. You're talking about more or less rewiring an entire culture, and you know how the SJWs and the Academics who fuel them would react to that one.

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
Collateral damage, I don't believe we target hospitals or weddings however we have inadvertently done so.

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: all2human
Oops
latest precision airstrike on Iraqi Medics, not on senior commander

Just announced on FoxNews that tonight's airstrike was not launched or sanctioned by the U.S..

Could it have been Iran attempting to kill Americans or our allies in Iraq?

You guys bomb hospitals, why not this time.

Of course, but my statement still stands, as it is easily plausible.

I would not expect either side of this to be truthful though.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

STOP TAKING THEIR CRAP AND START DEALING IT OUT!

We've been dealing it out over there for 19 years.... This round.

Bless our hearts.

I won't weep for fallen fundamentalist jihadis... But boy does if suck to think about most of my life, we've been there.

That's the problem, we've been there for 19 years. We should have gone in, cleaned house and helped set up a stabilized system. Anything else is a waste of time, money and blood.

Set up a stable system for people who don't want the "help"?

We put Sadam in power, Gaddafi, Bin Laden, different regimes in Iran, and other countries.

We've put in "democracies".

Israel is the only one that worked.

It was just a thought, I did say "maybe". On the other hand, this piece-meal stuff hasn't worked out so well either.

And just thinking about it, Saddam would still be there had GHW and GW not had a hair up their asses and gone back in. I think Obama made a huge mistake taking out Gaddafi (Khaddafi?) whatever... he was a loon but a controllable loon.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: vonclod

what's anybody going to do? I'm going to buy/sell options contracts on the defense industry and make some money for my retirement

what else can we do? besides say things that we think other people will approve of for "good people" points?

Go get that money, I think this will be going on for some time.

I just say whats on my mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: all2human
Oops
latest precision airstrike on Iraqi Medics, not on senior commander

Just announced on FoxNews that tonight's airstrike was not launched or sanctioned by the U.S..

Could it have been Iran attempting to kill Americans or our allies in Iraq?

You guys bomb hospitals, why not this time.

"You guys"? Where are you from?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Attention!

Note that it indicates name-calling, baiting and activity otherwise labeled as political trolling elsewhere on the site. Not generally hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited or gratuitous personal attacks on fellow members. It's also not exempt from the usual forum expectation of remaining on topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MUD PIT or not, attacking other members is not allowed.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
America Killed Some Terrorists Today!!!

Remember when that was a good thing??

Why did everyone spend so much money of Toby Keith Albums after 911...j

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten
Canukistan

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Canukistan

Makes sense.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I hope everyone realizes that this has a high chance of being the opening salvo of WW111 you don't assassinate the number two of a foreign country, without other countries wondering what the heck is America doing. Or thinking some sort of line has been crossed where the rules have been changed where assassination's now have the edge on diplomacy and international law.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

And just thinking about it, Saddam would still be there had GHW and GW not had a hair up their asses and gone back in.

We put him in, we took him out.

No better before, during, or after. Story of our foreign policy in relation to the ME.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

word

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

And just thinking about it, Saddam would still be there had GHW and GW not had a hair up their asses and gone back in.

No better before, during, or after. Story of our foreign policy in relation to the ME.

That's true, and he was pretty harsh on his own people with the chemical weapon testing. It just seemed like the region was more stable with both in power.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

not that it matters but we didn't put him in power, we put someone he was a subordinate to in power but he died eventually and after that saddam launched a coup that was recorded on video where he demanded obedience of everyone in the government and had those that refused taken away and executed right in front of them. he put himself in power without our help.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

That's true, and he was pretty harsh on his own people with the chemical weapon testing. It just seemed like the region was more stable with both in power.

It could be argued they had a functional infrastructure under him, even high speed internet at the time we invaded. But the citizens had to play ball, and you better have been under the weird pseudo secular ideology comparable to China IMO.

Idk if that's better than the stone age now. One could say the ashes are where a Phoenix may rise... I doubt it.

We've tested on our own civilians and soldiers too with chemical warfare. Luckily that was isolated and minute, and I only bring that up for contrast. We still obviously still have an abundance of freedom in regards to speech and self defense. I'm still abundantly grateful I was born hear and have the privilege of expressing my patriotism with expectations of dreams for my nation without fear of torture.

But we have a lot of work to do. And everyone agrees on that when the context isn't partisan politics. We should focus here before elsewhere. Put the oxygen mask on ourselves before assisting those beside us so to speak.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere

not that it matters but we didn't put him in power, we put someone he was a subordinate to in power but he died eventually and after that saddam launched a coup that was recorded on video where he demanded obedience of everyone in the government and had those that refused taken away and executed right in front of them. he put himself in power without our help.

Maybe.... But we're not consistent.

We support the likes of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, other authoritarian regimes in the ME and South America. The only consistent thing is we support those who play ball with out interests... Not freedom or altruism.

Is that a reason we have such contention among foreign opinion? Maybe.

I'd rather be isolationist and have people envy our freedom personally. But that's just my opinion... Impossible to prove practically.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I wonder how "Rocket Man" is feeling right now?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
NEWSFLASH: US-led coalition says it was NOT responsible for airstrike north of Baghdad several hours ago.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
nvrmnd

edit on 4-1-2020 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join