It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More airstrikes in Iraq

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Obama and Hillary were 100% against gay marriage. Thought it was disgusting and gross.

Trump supports it. He is killing Iranian leadership against gays. What am I missing here? I support gays. Why is Trump wrong. Bernie supported Obama and Hillary, both against gays.

Why is Trump the devil? He is an angel when it comes to gays.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

People need to focus the frustrations of their situation. The wars in Eastasia and Oceania provided a focus for them. It gave them a rallying point for national pride, it gave them excuses for all the privations they were enduring, it gave them enemies they could fear and hate more then their own government. In short, it was a locus of distraction and control along with the Ministry of Truth that told them everything they knew from day to day which also changed from day to day.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

But most of all, I don't understand why people celebrate the idea we send more men over.

Because people have been conditioned that "the other" is "the enemy" and we must confront and deal with it, especially when they are not like you.

They have been conditioned that these people are the source of their ills and strife, and by confronting them their ills will go away. It's all propaganda. Same thing Trump has done demonizing people and groups. Classic propaganda.

And then there's the fact that war means $ for a large number of people.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

So you're going to claim that Trump is the only one demonizing other groups? Hardly.

Bitter clingers .... deplorables .... the snooty elitist attitudes about the great unwashed in flyover ... the hatred and contempt for those who don't think the way your tribe does is an art form taken to new heights in this country, and the only way Trump is unique is that he formed the discards of the rest into a tribe that actually turned out to be quite large by the time the other groups had purged it from their midst.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

And a medical convoy, at that. How noble

Sure and every prisoner in Jail is innocent. If my bosses just got smoked by drones, I'd sure as hell try to hide behind any screen I could find. Seems we hit more militia leaders, as confirmed by Iraqis on the ground.

If I were Sadr, I would be very careful. We defanged his milita before, it can be done again by leadership decapitations this time. He's smart, I think, and wont try anything. His survival skills will sink in and take over.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

What's 2+2?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What's 2+2?

The exact same government I've always had, just more entertaining.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

War is just another thing humans do.

There will always be reasons for war. Just as there will always be reasons to kill terrorists and be terrorists.

There is no picking up a turd from the clean end.

That said, I'm not sad Soleimani is dead. They were warned explicitly on multiple occasions by the United States to cease hostile activities. They were told it would be painful if they continued.

Here's the pain.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What's 2+2?

(Humor me)

What's 2 +2 equal?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: underwerks

Every time an election comes up every since I can recall, "war in Iran" has been a drumbeat from the left and Democrats. Every burp, hiccup, and fart in the Middle East that involves the US is seen as somehow going to lead to "war with Iran". It's supposed to scare all of us into voting for the peace-loving, Mullah-ass kissing Democrats who want to just be good little citizens of the world.

Quoting this just for how divorced it is from reality. Jesus, if you really believe stuff like this I don’t blame you for grabbing ankles for Donald Trump every chance you get.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Oops
latest precision airstrike on Iraqi Medics, not on senior commander
edit on 3-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Sure and every prisoner in Jail is innocent.

No, they aren't, but that's a war crime: hitting/targeting medical convoys.

But if you're cool with that.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What's 2+2?

(Humor me)

What's 2 +2 equal?

Four.

This better be good cowboy... I set it up for ya.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Good grief! You yourself salivated over the long-awaited war with Iran up thread, and I don't say that because you want it so much as because you talked as though you've been expecting it to happen which supports me. You didn't come up with war with Iran all by yourself, you've been reading it and seeing all over, and it's not a new thing. The whole fave countries to be invaded thing has been around forever.

Now who exactly is divorced from reality? If I am for remembering that, then so are you.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

9/11 created global not isolated terrorism. A lot of money. Since 9/11 a lot of people have gotten very very rich. There is a lot of money there.

Trump has done in a few years with Syria, Baghdadi and now Salami what others were promising and begging for funding for...for decades.

I only hope we go to secure and pull out. I don't think this is over by a long shot. A world war, no, but there will be some more 'tactical' strikes.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Sigh

Okay, you won't do it.

2 + 2 =4 is reality.

When the authoritarian state tells WInston (in "1984") that 2 + 2 = 5, what they are saying is that they control reality. THEIR version of reality is the only acceptable reality.

EDIT, saw you did it.

Fair enough. . . .
edit on 3-1-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Every time an election comes up every since I can recall, "war in Iran" has been a drumbeat from the left and Democrats. Every burp, hiccup, and fart in the Middle East that involves the US is seen as somehow going to lead to "war with Iran". It's supposed to scare all of us into voting for the peace-loving, Mullah-ass kissing Democrats who want to just be good little citizens of the world.

Weren't the peace-loving Democrats just demanding we go to war with Turkey a month ago?

Weren't the war-loving Republicans just demanding we stop going to war all the time that same month?

I get very confused with how often ideologies flip flop these days ... its even more interesting that it all hangs on every move of one man.

edit on 3-1-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
They were also for a border wall/barrier.
They spoke about illegal immigration the same way President Trump does today.

"We still don't understand why the Democrats are so wholeheartedly against [the wall]. They voted for it in 2006. Then-Senator Obama voted for it. Senator Schumer voted for it. Senator Clinton voted for it. So we don't understand why Democrats are now playing politics just because Donald Trump is in office," White House Budget Director Mick Mulvaney said in 2017.
psmag.com...

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Obama and Hillary were 100% against gay marriage. Thought it was disgusting and gross.

Trump supports it. He is killing Iranian leadership against gays. What am I missing here? I support gays. Why is Trump wrong. Bernie supported Obama and Hillary, both against gays.

Why is Trump the devil? He is an angel when it comes to gays.

edit on 3-1-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This set of Star Trek episodes is based off that. The Cardassian tortures Picard and tries like mad to break him. The central question they keep coming back are how many lights he can see in the room. There are four, but the Cardassian insists there are three and that Picard say the same.

Some of the better episodes. Worth a watch.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerksUnlike Fox News and OAN you can actually find it on other sites documented the exact same with believe it or not, videos of him saying that.

You may want to have a seat. I know that is shocking news.

As you may have read previously, I don't watch Fox News or any other major network. But finding that on a music site raises red flags for me because the General is a Democrat and if I remember right, was not exactly honest in some of his dealings with previous administrations. As we know, all too well, even top generals can say things that aren't true. I would want to see another account of this before I take it to heart. You know, corroboration? Why? Because it doesn't make sense. What possible benefit would the US have for taking over all of those countries? None. Would it even be possible? No. Does it seem logical that ANYONE in the US government really plan something like that. No, it makes zero sense.

I just thought it was funny that you would find that on that site. It's not without its own credibility problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join