It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More airstrikes in Iraq

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well said, this post should be a reference to those who think this strike was unnecessary.

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: TheRedneck

The militia that attacked the US Embassy in the Green Zone was being commanded by Iranians answering to Soleimani.

These guys caused all kinds of hell in Afghanistan as well. Constantly encroaching on Afghan soil and carrying out attacks against the western-most bases of Helmand and sometimes even providing the rockets for shelling Camp Dwyer, Bastion(UK base), TK, and KAF.

Those were fun times for me.

These people have been attacking us for YEARS and all we have done is fly The Beast over them and watch them shoot that thing down too.

We finally have a president that gives a # about what the Iranians have been doing, they take the asshole responsible for it down, and now we get to watch democrats, who have coddled Iranians for years while their weapons and personnel killed my friends and destroyed our equipment, stand up for the Iranian regime against our own president and the media call him a warmonger.

We have absorbed multiple direct attacks from Iran and have done NOTHING. This was long overdue.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: underwerks

but I have to assume for the moment Trump knows what he's doing.

Yeah good luck with that.

I agree!

We all need to write them a letter of apology right away, and plead with them not to destroy us

And send them lots and lots of money...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Well said, this post should be a reference to those who think this strike was unnecessary.

It was.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Every time an election comes up every since I can recall, "war in Iran" has been a drumbeat from the left and Democrats. Every burp, hiccup, and fart in the Middle East that involves the US is seen as somehow going to lead to "war with Iran". It's supposed to scare all of us into voting for the peace-loving, Mullah-ass kissing Democrats who want to just be good little citizens of the world.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh I'm sure they're TOTES being honest about that info. TOTES yo.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Isn't it Iran where you're not gay? You're either dead or forced to transition?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia, Winston.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

STOP TAKING THEIR CRAP AND START DEALING IT OUT!

We've been dealing it out over there for 19 years.... This round.

Bless our hearts.

I won't weep for fallen fundamentalist jihadis... But boy does if suck to think about most of my life, we've been there.

WRONG!

WRONGWRONGWRONG

We've been feeding soldiers into the mill for 19 years.

Oceania has been fighting Eurasia for 19 years.

And if you don't get that reference, then shame on you.

I know it's a George Orwell reference... But I don't really understand how it applies here... I accept all shame.

(post by Stupidsecrets removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh I'm sure they're TOTES being honest about that info. TOTES yo.

Aren't they always honest? Yo

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Bless our hearts.

I won't weep for fallen fundamentalist jihadis... But boy does if suck to think about most of my life, we've been there.

WRONG!

WRONGWRONGWRONG

I know it's a George Orwell reference... But I don't really understand how it applies here... I accept all shame.

Homework this weekend, Kitten.

Read "1984".

Kay?

It really will help.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The people must always have an enemy. While you're at it, learn about the Ministry of Truth. The reference has more impact that way.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Hey, I completely understand. Some folks just don't get the concept of diplomacy and have to be dealt with using fire and brimstone. My biggest worry is that we cow-towed to Iran for so long under previous administrations, have they forgotten what the US is capable of?

Remember that, despite me understanding why we are doing what we are doing (theoretically anyway), I don't support war. War is dirty, nasty, and painful. The threat of violence is more effective a deterrent than violence itself, but in order for that threat to be viable, sometimes one has to show the dark side. As long as it doesn't break into another drawn-out, meaningless war I'm fine. I just also understand that is a possibility.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

They used to be patient and play the long game. Like Edward the Longshanks, I'm pretty sure they feel they can breed us out given time.

Hopefully, they'll decide to wait out ORANGE MAN BAD figuring the next president will take us back to paper tiger as usual.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The people must always have an enemy.

Which is why propaganda is nonpartisan. An enemy for the next generation, always someone to fear.

There will always be a Ministry of Truth, just like we have always been at war....

And why this is just another spoke on the wheel.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The people must always have an enemy. While you're at it, learn about the Ministry of Truth. The reference has more impact that way.

I guess I don't get it, because if that's common knowledge, why are we always in this situation?

We've spent more money than WWII post 9/11. Bin Laden just wanted us to bog down in the ME. The factions over there don't care that we kill them as long as we're stuck with our tires spinning.

But most of all, I don't understand why people celebrate the idea we send more men over. I'm still military age, my rule is I wouldn't vote or support a war I wouldn't fight myself.

It's a waste of our people and our money. We aren't saving the Middle East. It's historically like invading Russia in the winter... No one ever wins.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Bless our hearts.

WRONG!

WRONGWRONGWRONG

Homework this weekend, Kitten.

Read "1984".

Kay?

It really will help.

I mean... I get it.... But I don't.

We're living under constant surveillance and social engineering.

I don't see any of that changing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join