It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More airstrikes in Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

So the top Iranian general is in Baghdad during a siege on our embassy so our Commander in Chief, with intel from our generals, gives the go ahead to strike and you interpret that as President Trump being a warmonger? The same Iranian general linked to a number of terror attacks. Did I get that right?

I don’t know, did you? Are you believing what the government tells you during another run up to a Middle Eastern war?

After Iraq and all the lies, I’d think people would want to question what they’re being told. But then I remembered Donald Trump is President.
edit on 3-1-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: TheRedneck

The militia that attacked the US Embassy in the Green Zone was being commanded by Iranians answering to Soleimani.

These guys caused all kinds of hell in Afghanistan as well. Constantly encroaching on Afghan soil and carrying out attacks against the western-most bases of Helmand and sometimes even providing the rockets for shelling Camp Dwyer, Bastion(UK base), TK, and KAF.

Those were fun times for me.

These people have been attacking us for YEARS and all we have done is fly The Beast over them and watch them shoot that thing down too.

We finally have a president that gives a # about what the Iranians have been doing, they take the asshole responsible for it down, and now we get to watch democrats, who have coddled Iranians for years while their weapons and personnel killed my friends and destroyed our equipment, stand up for the Iranian regime against our own president and the media call him a warmonger.

We have absorbed multiple direct attacks from Iran and have done NOTHING. This was long overdue.

^^^^^^^^^This.

Nicely put.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

STOP TAKING THEIR CRAP AND START DEALING IT OUT!

We've been dealing it out over there for 19 years.... This round.

Bless our hearts.

I won't weep for fallen fundamentalist jihadis... But boy does if suck to think about most of my life, we've been there.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Soleimani was in the middle of orchestrating a coup in Iraq.
This is likely a deconstruction of the forces he was assembling to carry it out.

Soleimani has, (sorry had) been doing this for years. The US has finally had enough of this bull$h!t regime. The under 40 crowd in Iran will silently applaud this. Check Iran pre-1980.
There are threads on ATS of Iran THRIVING under a Democracy. Separate Nation and Religion. It plain works. I hold out for the Iranian minority, they know better.

The US will strike down upon with thee with great vengeance and furious anger.
God speed.

edit on 3-1-2020 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Nancy Pelosi says she is going to rush over the articles of impeachment to the Senate next week so America can get rid of this madman.

Actually, I think it was Al Green speaking for Pelosi.

You almost had me going there, and then I laughed.

No.

Now she just has an excuse to hold on to them even longer because she has to make sure she can extort the Senate into doing things the way she wants.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The lies you mentioned were well protected under the last two administrations.

I think you are missing something, this is an attack on our Embassy in Iraq which is US soil and the Iranian general is identified by our military and President Trump, after council with the leadership in our military gave the green light to strike.
That is what a Commander in Chief does, that is why he was elected and will get re-elected.

Who is your favorite candidate on the democrat side and why?

originally posted by: underwerks

So the top Iranian general is in Baghdad during a siege on our embassy so our Commander in Chief, with intel from our generals, gives the go ahead to strike and you interpret that as President Trump being a warmonger? The same Iranian general linked to a number of terror attacks. Did I get that right?

I don’t know, did you? Are you believing what the government tells you during another run up to a Middle Eastern war?

After Iraq and all the lies, I’d think people would want to question what they’re being told. But then I remembered Donald Trump is President.

edit on 3-1-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Anyone remember this from Gen. Wesley Clark?

So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, “Are we still going to war with Iraq?” And he said, “Oh, it’s worse than that.” He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, “I just got this down from upstairs” -- meaning the Secretary of Defense’s office -- “today.” And he said, “This is a memo that describes how we’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran.” I said, “Is it classified?” He said, “Yes, sir.” I said, “Well, don’t show it to me.” And I saw him a year or so ago, and I said, “You remember that?” He said, “Sir, I didn’t show you that memo! I didn’t show it to you!”

Link

It seems everything is going according to plan. The timetable got a little screwed up because of Obama’s terms, but here we are. The same old neocon warmonger plan being implemented and Republicans falling over themselves to defend it.

Genius.com? Really? You found this on a music site?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I recall when you guys had us going to war under W so that he didn't have to step down and turn over power to Obama, so yeah, I sort of take most reports of "war in Iran!!!!11!!" with a massive boulder of salt these days.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

I think you are missing something, this is an attack on our Embassy in Iraq which is US soil and the Iranian general is identified by our military and President Trump, after council with the leadership in our military gave the green light to strike.
That is what a Commander in Chief does, that is why he was elected and will get re-elected.

I’m going to take with a grain of salt anything the government tells me in the run up to a long awaited war with Iran.

Unquestionably believe what you’re being told if you want. It’s not like anyone in this administration would lie about any of it..

link   
What I am seeing is that we have a president who does not want endless and costly wars. This is the second time with the first being Syria. Remember everyone saying it would be WW3.

A truly Islamic state is not possible once so many people get an iPhone....
Iran was once a thriving country along with Turkey. Persia anyone?

A religion took over. An ideology. 40 years is a long time for stability in the ME.

link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Anyone else find it strange that Eric Trump knew about this and tweeted about it days ago yet has no security clearance?
Link
Yeah me neither.

Maybe he is being trained by his dad, to take over 5 years from now

Not sure if you're kidding but right now I'm about 90% sure that's gonna happen. Like it or not.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Anyone remember this from Gen. Wesley Clark?

So I came back to see him a few weeks later, and by that time we were bombing in Afghanistan. I said, “Are we still going to war with Iraq?” And he said, “Oh, it’s worse than that.” He reached over on his desk. He picked up a piece of paper. And he said, “I just got this down from upstairs” -- meaning the Secretary of Defense’s office -- “today.” And he said, “This is a memo that describes how we’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran.” I said, “Is it classified?” He said, “Yes, sir.” I said, “Well, don’t show it to me.” And I saw him a year or so ago, and I said, “You remember that?” He said, “Sir, I didn’t show you that memo! I didn’t show it to you!”

Link

It seems everything is going according to plan. The timetable got a little screwed up because of Obama’s terms, but here we are. The same old neocon warmonger plan being implemented and Republicans falling over themselves to defend it.

Genius.com? Really? You found this on a music site?

Unlike Fox News and OAN you can actually find it on other sites documented the exact same with believe it or not, videos of him saying that.

You may want to have a seat. I know that is shocking news.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: DBCowboy

STOP TAKING THEIR CRAP AND START DEALING IT OUT!

We've been dealing it out over there for 19 years.... This round.

Bless our hearts.

I won't weep for fallen fundamentalist jihadis... But boy does if suck to think about most of my life, we've been there.

WRONG!

WRONGWRONGWRONG

We've been feeding soldiers into the mill for 19 years.

Oceania has been fighting Eurasia for 19 years.

And if you don't get that reference, then shame on you.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I recall when you guys had us going to war under W so that he didn't have to step down and turn over power to Obama, so yeah, I sort of take most reports of "war in Iran!!!!11!!" with a massive boulder of salt these days.

Huh?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

But still Iraqi forces were attacked,iran backed or not,which can be considered strikes against Iraq
zero mention of this
I guess under normal circumstances this would lead to a declaration of war,but Iraq has been pretty much reduced to a vassal state since the American invasion 03.

edit on 3-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Now she just has an excuse to hold on to them even longer because she has to make sure she can extort the Senate into doing things the way she wants.

Another aspect, that I'm not seeing talked about much, is that they're also trying in court to use the impending trial in the Senate as justification to gain access to all of the Mueller grand jury info. They gave oral arguments today. Some believe this to be one of the main reasons for impeachment; basically an elaborate oppo research effort.

link   
There is no compromising with Muslims. It's either their way or everyone else ends up dead. Look at their theocratic governments. There is no room for other religions or beliefs. If you are gay you are DEAD. No way around it. DEAD DEAD DEAD.

I don't understand why this so difficult for the left to comprehend. Penis to penis is a death sentence with them. You will be killed.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I mean if you guys sit back and look at just who has been targeted thus far it has been leadership of the units who took part in the attack. A military response was held back after quite a few incidents and finally it was decided to respond...and the response has been very swift and surgical.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So you doubt our embassy was under attack?
Do you doubt the Iranian general was killed in Iraq?

You are right when you say take things we hear from our government with a grain of salt, I agree.
I just don't see from what we are learning, how you could label President Trump as warmongering, if the reports are true then I would expect us to strike at the responsible party, in this case the Iranians and there general. They paid the price and so will others.

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

I’m going to take with a grain of salt anything the government tells me in the run up to a long awaited war with Iran.

Unquestionably believe what you’re being told if you want. It’s not like anyone in this administration would lie about any of it..

edit on 3-1-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Just so we’re clear, we’re still going with what results from this being all on Donald John Trump, right?

Of course... just like would be true with any President. I even gave Obama credit where credit was due.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join