It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran was a Swinging Place and Musical Hotbed Before Islam Took Over In 1979!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

OOF!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Solly your the one evading the issue. This thread is post 1979 Iran Iran Iran. Even your hero John McCain sang a song Bomb,bomb Iran but you neglect it.
edit on 3-1-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
And now, the lowest most disgusting people on earth are advocating for MASS islamic immigration into western countries

What could go wrong?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Who dat? Got a link?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

No kidding. The thread is before versus pre 1979.It was better under pre 1979 for the entire world.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes, I hear that the former Shah’s secret police were a swinging bunch of fellows.

They’d swing rubber hoses, electrical cables, batons, cattle prods...Real swingers!

Hanging out with them was often a “once in a lifetime event” , they just killed, know what I mean?

And let’s not forget that it was the good ole USA, via the CIA, that “arranged” for the Shah and all the “good times” he brought, to, shall we say, “acquire”, the leadership of Iran.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Who dat? Got a link?

Every single leftist on the planet advocates for MASS islamic immigration into europe. The eu supports it and every leftist politician openly supports it

“Refugees welcome” when ZERO of the MASS influx are ‘refugees’

“It’s racist to oppose Islam”

When the opposite is true. It is noble and just to oppose Islam and to criticise its hate and intolerance.

The blanket rule should be: no nazis, no kkk, no islam

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Even your hero John McCain sang a song Bomb,bomb Iran but you neglect it.

My hero ? , you wrongly assume that because I criticise Trump I'm one of your "Leftists" , how quaint.

My hero is Sir Ranulph Fiennes , a man worthy of hero worship.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Modernity and fundamental Islam just are not very compatible

Sorry, you had a typo.

Every single country of which you speak and others have been shafted either directly by the US or by proxy.

In the following excerpt from this link you will be able to swap out the word Indonesia for many if not all countries you reference, plus many many more over the last 60 or so years.

This week, the non-profit National Security Archive, along with the National Declassification Center, published a batch of U.S. diplomatic cables covering that dark period. While the newly declassified documents further illustrated the horror of Indonesia’s 1965 mass murder, they also confirmed that U.S. authorities backed Suharto’s purge. Perhaps even more striking: As the documents show, U.S. officials knew most of his victims were entirely innocent. U.S. embassy officials even received updates on the executions and offered help to suppress media coverage. While crucial documents that could provide insight into U.S. and Indonesian activities at the time are still lacking, the broad outlines of the atrocity and America’s role are there for anyone who cares to look them up.

edit on 3 1 2020 by myselfaswell because: bloody typo.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You should look into the history of Afghanistan it's a very interesting and rather tragic story that tells the tales of the horrors of rampant colonialism, proxy wars and a history that lots of people can learn from. Iran reminds me of when the british and Russians planted insurgents and officials right into an Afghan strong government and squeezed the nation from both sides.

The areas between china and 'rome', have always been a theater of wealth and power grabs. It become even more desperate and escalated when the discovery of oil and the industrial revolution happened.
edit on 3-1-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The thread is before versus pre 1979.

You're drunk. Go to bed.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Gothmog

So , you agree with the original thoughts on the thread , that Iran was much better off back then ?

The Iranian people didn't think so and it's their choice , just as today.

Well , now you have to tell me how you believe the turnover was due to the Iranian people and not the Muslim leaders.
And , looks like the Iranian people changed their minds decades ago . (if they were the ones)

edit on 1/3/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well , now you have to tell me how you believe the turnover was due to the Iranian people and not the Muslim leaders.

I did on page 1.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Iran was a Swinging Place and Musical Hotbed Before Islam Took Over In 1979!

It’s really sad what conservative religious movements do to places.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It would be nice if someone actually had a potted history...at least, of what is now called Iran.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What I find highly amusing and ironic is that every single person whining about the Shah in this thread is the very same person who tells us that we must find wonderful things about every culture today.

And yet because of the Shah and the Shah alone, you are all apparently arguing that there was *nothing* NOTHING at all good or desirable about anything in any of these societies that the end result after their takeover by fundamental Islamic elements had been without a doubt a wonderful and miraculous thing, top to bottom, for every aspect and facet of these countries, their cultures, and their citizenry.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join