It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump kills top Iranian commander

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have heard all the news people, the mocking birds and current and former government officials go on and on at how the killing of the Iranian General had no congressional authorization among other arguments. They seem so anti-American. They will look back and regret their stance in my opinion.
I want to focus on the "congressional approval" argument being made this morning. Instead of going on I would like to reference an article that sums up the political process we have lived in before President Trump and today with President Trump.

www.vox.com...
Presidents George W. Bush and Obama both dramatically expanded the power and authority of the executive branch, particularly in the realm of national security. In addition to having nearly unlimited power to start wars without Congress’s approval, presidents now have the power to order drone strikes on US citizens abroad without charges or trial, gather millions of Americans’ emails and phone records with minimal judicial oversight, and radically redefine what does and does not constitute “torture” without fear of ever being prosecuted for war crimes.

The never trumpers and media are shamelessly ignoring what has already been set up by precedence and decree.
There is clearly no need for congressional approval, how are they even making this argument?
Can you imagine if President Trump droned a US citizen like Obama did, without congressional approval I might add?
Even if you were to interpret the wording the intent is unmistakable, the President has the authority to strike a target,in this case the Iranian General in Iraq, specifically because of former President's Busch and Obama expansion of power allocated to the executive branch. As far as Iran goes, President Trump has restrained himself with the shooting down of our drone and blowing up the Saudi oil facilities. Iran was given a chance to get things right, they made the wrong choice. This was inevitable,

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Democrats and Liberal Media whined when President Trump order our military to kill ISIS leader al-Baghdadi too.

They had better begin working on their next butt-hurt statement(s) of outrage.

Reminder: President Trump said in Nov 2019, he doesn't trust MSM/Democrats, hence the intense secrecy surrounding these terrorist strikes.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
ofcourse the iraniers are considderd to be apes against the allmighty USA...clock is tikking…. tic tac tic tac

keyword : OIL
not for nothing that the USA stept out of the climate discussion
without oil they are not so mighty….

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If this happened under a Democrat president, the Democrats would be cheering. But it happened under Trump so now they condemn his administration. I never heard so much BS coming out of Republicans as I do coming out of the Democrats these days.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

vox roflmao

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well, to be more specific the USA needs to ensure that oil is sold in dollars.
That is the stipulation you need to make.

But that is not the point of the OP, it is how today's narrative has been that President Trump had no congressional approval to kill the Iranian General when in fact thanks to the last two President's...President Trump does not need congressional approval. So the key word is not oil, the key phrase is executive power...and the executive power was expanded by former president's Busch and Obama.

originally posted by: ressiv
ofcourse the iraniers are considderd to be apes against the allmighty USA...clock is tikking…. tic tac tic tac

keyword : OIL
not for nothing that the USA stept out of the climate discussion
without oil they are not so mighty….

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This kind of thing happens often. It's not like George Bush had congressional authorization when he killed thousands of Americans on 9/11/2001.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

With his bare hands...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Rose McGowan apologizes to Iran

www.foxnews.com...

Dear Iran, The USA has disrespected your country, your flag, your people. 52% of us humbly apologize. We want peace with your nation. We are being held hostage by a terrorist regime. We do not know how to escape. Please do not kill us.

unbelievable.

I wonder how long her lifestyle would last in an islamic country

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Are you saying that the Vox article in the OP is inaccurate?
I could use thehill cnn msnbc fox whichever makes you feel better.
The OP is not dependent on the source, you can find it in any news website.

originally posted by: Lysergic

vox roflmao

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
Rose McGowan apologizes to Iran

www.foxnews.com...

Dear Iran, The USA has disrespected your country, your flag, your people. 52% of us humbly apologize. We want peace with your nation. We are being held hostage by a terrorist regime. We do not know how to escape. Please do not kill us.

unbelievable.

I wonder how long her lifestyle would last in an islamic country

I gotta ask...
How did the USA disrespect the Iranian flag when Americans have been told for several years now that "it's just a flag"?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm sure the next apology will come from Obama. That was his whole foreign policy when he was in office.

(post by XCrycek removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good work Trump
edit on 3-1-2020 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Break US war code and send thousands of troops breaking a campaign promise,Trump will definately be re-ectected because USA USA USA

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

He's already going to be reelected....

And he still hasn't started a new war...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Who cared when the White House grabbed more power for the POTUS during the Bush administration. Who cared. Who didn't.
Who cared when the White House grabbed more power for the POTUS during the Obama administration. Who cared. Who didn't.

Who cares when the White House grabs more power for the POTUS duing the Trump administration. Who cares. Who doesn't.

This issue is not ''who'' is grabbing power but rather ''that'' it is being grabbed. Those who oppose it now should have opposed it then. Those who don't oppose it now should have opposed it then as well. It is those who support the power grab at any time because they believe it is their guy in the White House who are the real culprits here, not those who oppose it.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

There is no Praetorian guard in the USA sorry the last 18 years are proof of that.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A message was needed and now a message has been sent. The message reads as ( We can listen in on your communication, we know where you live, we have the ability to kill you at will.) The US is a super power and is prepared to behave like one, stay in your own yard or pay a heavy price. Have a nice day.

It is my belief that this message is meant for the world, including China. A wise man would listen and learn.

edit on 3-1-2020 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Good work Trump

*John Bolton has entered the chat

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join