It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Is Burning!! Where Is The Media??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
What do you even watch?

Its been on the news for weeks! Worldwide!

Your news are lacking, and I think you should think about what else they are hiding from you.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: tonycodes
Last night was the first time I heard of how bad these fires were in Australia. When did you find out how bad they were or even see news coverage of them first? Why can't the world's governments put out these fires? Why would the world militaries let Australia burn?

Why do I feel like the media and politicians are Choosing low coverage of this as long as possible to preserve more donation money for the upcoming elections?

I don't know what it is but something is really making me feel like the world media is purposely not covering this very catastrophic event?

Anyone else feel like something is wrong here besides the fact Australias civilians are begging the world to help on social media? As if NO ONE is helping them?

The u.s has sent firefighters to help.

And

Because Australia did not back Trumps economic sanctions (for the most part), infact refused (majorically) due to selfishly protecting their own economical relationship with china whilst having the gawl to still call the u.s an allie in war time.

Australia is two faced but the u.s still helping with there fires.

The chinese now own a fair chunk of Australia including water rights in QLD so maybe some may think it's the chinese that should be helping after all they own a fair chunk of the water needed to extinguish anyhow.

Plus when the nthrn hemisphere blows each other to smithereens soon enough their likely clearing land pre occupation in OZ to accommodate the winners from the nuclear fallout as hot air rises ( basic physics).

Wow, you have to be high right now!
In your psychotic breakdown you think Australia should burn in an unprecedented hellstorm because "due to selfishly protecting their own economical relationship with china whilst having the gawl to still call the u.s an allie in war time.".
So Trump looking out for American interests is fine, the rest of the world should put US interests first aswell?
That is delusional, why wouldn't Aussies look after our own interests first!
What a gall! It's not like China is our no 1 trading partner...
As for Allies, Australia HAS BACKED AMERICA EVERY SINGLE TIME WE WERE ASKED!, Have we ever asked for military help from the US? No, but don't let that interrupt your hate-on for us...
Never have I read such utter rubbish, mate you CTHRU- bloody NOTHING!
BTW, we sent firefighters to help with the California wildfires last year but I wouldn't expect a Muppet like you to be aware of anything that isn't in flashing lights right in front of you.
Sadly it seems you're not alone in your US-centric disdain for the Aussies, this thread has been a sad eyeopener.

edit on 3-1-2020 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Jeezus Christ...so this is AmericaS fault now?!

Here...have some firefighters.

www.google.com...=true

And looks like the aussie gov failed to act quick and request assistance

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Jeezus Christ...so this is AmericaS fault now?!

Here...have some firefighters.

www.google.com...=true

And looks like the aussie gov failed to act quick and request assistance

www.independent.co.uk...

What?? How do you come up with that?
Whats America got to do with half of Australia burning right now?
My god you guys are seriously blinded by some kind of nationalistic "US or burn" zombie virus, ATS has literally lost the plot, I'm out.....

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Read the last line of the OP and repost.

a reply to: Osirisvset

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Let the US send those Boeing 747 aerial tankers that are in California to Australia. They were outlawed in California.

That would be a nice gesture, imho...

I never figured out the real reason Cali outlawed the 747s. I guess not enough green grease for the palms that be...

This is Colorado's Supertanker...

YouTube

Could it be that the supertanker is not illegal anymore in Cali?

McClellan Supertanker

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I heard about it on bbc world news , so i guess they are at least talking about it. Im guessing you're from the u.s.? If so, don't watch mainstream news. Fox, msnbc, cnn, ect...

Websites like vice news are better www.vice.com...

Or if you're not a fan of vice, im sure there are plenty of non MSM outlets on the internet.

It sucks Australia is burning. U.S. mainstream media is really bad at covering anything but political stuff. Stop giving them views. Fox and CNN are for the partisan dumbed-down masses who are only interested in hating each other.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: tonycodes

Who stopped the wild fires before mankind? Nature just took its course as it will continue to do regardless of how much whining we do.

Really, that's about the size of it. It's just we have created more susceptible areas than simply Mother Nature.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I’m in Northern California and the Australian fire situation has been a part of our Local (as opposed to national) news cycle for at least a couple of weeks now.

Having lost more than 80 lives in our last major wildfire, at least we Californians feel our Aussie cousin’s pain.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Last night was the first time I heard of how bad these fires were in Australia. When did you find out how bad they were or even see news coverage of them first? Why can't the world's governments put out these fires? Why would the world militaries let Australia burn?

Your premise is just not true for the UK at least, there have been bulletins almost every night where there are fires, including most recent, a host of people trapped near, or at sea by the fires.
International stations all are carrying reports, CNN, AL Jazeera, BBC etc. all for a couple of weeks or more.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What's the latest on the Fukushima disaster?

Exactly.

You have to dig to find anything as its concerned.

Granted, the two are in a sense apples and oranges, but as far as a global effort to address either?

Good luck.

edit on 1/3/2020 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Harsh truth ... the American press only cares if they can find a politically advantageous angle to play. There just anything they find newsworthy about a bunch of Australians being burned out as much as the rest of us might care and do, so they ignore it in favor of the latest SJW outrage story of the week and ORANGE MAN BAD stories.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I am an Australian and what is shaping up today is deeply concerning but there are massive floods in Indonesia and many other things also not being covered on All Trump all the time left or right paradigm US media
edit on 3-1-2020 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I love how anyone that questions global warming is met with the every scientist can’t be lying argument but when scientists are apparently not concerned with Fukushima it’s different.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe the media are too scared to admit the fires were caused/make a lot worst by terrible water
Management

Maybe the MSM doesn’t want to embarrass themselves after claiming its due to man made global warming ?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Doubt it.

They have no shame where Cali is concerned and those are caused by poor forest management which wouldn't be much different than poor water management.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

Why do I feel like the media and politicians are Choosing low coverage of this as long as possible to preserve more donation money for the upcoming elections?

I don't know what it is but something is really making me feel like the world media is purposely not covering this very catastrophic event?

Anyone else feel like something is wrong here besides the fact Australias civilians are begging the world to help on social media? As if NO ONE is helping them?

The u.s has sent firefighters to help.

And

Because Australia did not back Trumps economic sanctions (for the most part), infact refused (majorically) due to selfishly protecting their own economical relationship with china whilst having the gawl to still call the u.s an allie in war time.

Australia is two faced but the u.s still helping with there fires.

The chinese now own a fair chunk of Australia including water rights in QLD so maybe some may think it's the chinese that should be helping after all they own a fair chunk of the water needed to extinguish anyhow.

Plus when the nthrn hemisphere blows each other to smithereens soon enough their likely clearing land pre occupation in OZ to accommodate the winners from the nuclear fallout as hot air rises ( basic physics).

USA trades with China so why shouldn't Australia? Infact China is USA's largest trade partner.

U.S. goods and services trade with China totaled an estimated $737.1 billion in 2018. Exports were $179.3 billion; imports were $557.9 billion.

ustr.gov... republic-china

Bit of a wanker aren't you...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

Came across these pages but of course they are Aussie front pages,

Posted for interest only.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

That should put things in the proper perspective for those who don't see how bad it is.

Prayers for the heroes and all affected.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Osirisvset

Your the "psychotic" one cobber.
I never said anything about letting your country burn. Just expressed a few home truths, but Aus seems adamant about standing on their own two feet in relation to foreign policy so all im saying is that you want to stand on your own until you can't any longer and then it's everyone elses fault for not having your back.

Anyway -

Throw another shrimp on the barby, have your 46th VB for the day and pull your stubbies up so that your mouth can have a go "muppet".

Emotional much?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join