It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Threats of Revenge are Beyond Foolish

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Maybe they worked out Trump is just all bark with no bite and are now simply calling out his bluff.
So taking out their military commander was a bluff? I don’t think so. I see you’re going with the leftist approach. The left media is not reporting this as it is. pjmedia.com... IjU

It may well be that taking him out also took out the main head of the 9 headed hydra in that region, as the strike took place outside the Baghdad airport. Soleimani was in Iraq to stir up the embassy attack and its possible taking him out averted Iranian takeover of Iraq and our embassy there. There’s more to this than meets the eye.
www.bloomberg.com...
While the Bloomberg article states that Soleimani was supposedly fighting Isis, I find it more than interesting that he was directing the attack on the US Embassy in Iraq and even planning who would take over as Iraqi PM. Looks to me like US forces got Soleimani in transit between the airport and the Embassy.
edit on 4-1-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Seriously, if your going to make claims like that, then you've got to back it up with some kind of evidence. Just saying it doesn't make it true!

You know 10 seconds using Google works lol.... Put this in Google and you can pick;.... Iraq military power 1990

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos

Is this not the exact thing US military has been trying to goad Iran into doing, to justify the long sought after war?

I'm pretty sure the U.S. has been "goading" Iran into not obtaining nuclear weapons.

As far as your "goad" remark is concerned.......what was Iran's elite Quds force commander, Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani doing in Iraq, attacking the U.S. embassy if not "goading" a war?

In fact what was Iran's elite Quds force commander, Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani doing in Iraq in the first place?

Do you suppose he was there on a secret peace mission?

Dont be such a tool.

As far as I am aware, he was in a convoy of cars at the air port on his way to the funerals of Iraqi soldiers and had been a publicly announced visit. So no I don't think he was there on a secret peace mission, however, US & UK and their secret ops have been constantly stirring it up in the Middle East in general whilst bankrolling terrorist attacks in the region too. We are not the good guys anymore!

'Don't be such a tool'?... what a very bad mannered and childish thing to say.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Already Iraq’s army is the fifth largest in the world, a million men and growing, larger in raw numbers than the U.S. Army and Marine Corps combined.

LA Times 1990

Plenty more references if one cares to search.

mg

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

Already Iraq’s army is the fifth largest in the world, a million men and growing, larger in raw numbers than the U.S. Army and Marine Corps combined.

LA Times 1990

mg

From your link.

The Iraqi senior staff is riddled with incompetents chosen not for military prowess but for allegiance to Hussein, according to American analysts.

Only about a third of the huge army’s soldiers are experienced, front-line combat troops.

And despite the skill of its veteran field commanders in holding defensive ground, they are considered less impressive when called on to attack, potentially inept at maneuvering large numbers of troops and tanks when confronted with the unexpected.

Iraq’s air force is large but weak, its air defenses primitive by Western standards, its navy virtually non-existent.

It's never about QUANTITY but always about QUALITY.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

I do no believe Iran is the villain. The iranian govt is not stupid, they have seen Afghanistan bombed back to the stone age, they have seen Iraq bombed back to the stone age and they like are witnessing Syria being bombed back to the stone age. I very much doubt the Iranian govt wants that to happen to itself. The Iranian govt like all governments is surrounded by advisers who are not stupid or suicidal.

IMO, what is going on here is extreme provocation by the US so they can bomb Iran back to the stone age and take over all of its resources.

Wars are always fought over resources and control and this is what I see the US wants.

Compare how many countries Iran has invaded to the number of countries the US has invaded over the last 100 years.

Paul Wolfowitz, the neoconservative who was Deputy Secretary of Defense under the Bush regime, declared:

“Our first objective is to prevent the re-emergence of a new rival, either on the territory of the former Soviet Union or elsewhere, that poses a threat on the order of that posed formerly by the Soviet Union. This is a dominant consideration underlying the new regional defense strategy and requires that we endeavor to prevent any hostile power from dominating a region whose resources would, under consolidated control, be sufficient to generate global power.”

Is Wolfowitz, when referring to “hostile power” referring to any power independent of Washington’s control?

The 9 Steps of Nation Raping.

Nation Raping - The 9 Steps
1. Accuse the target country of being a threat to peace.
2. Demonise the country and its leadership.
3. Exaggerate the threat they allegedly pose.
4. Fake diplomatic efforts to reach agreement.
5. Establish a pretext …. a line that was supposedly crossed.
6. Bomb the country back to the stone age.
7. Install a puppet regime.
8. Plunder the nations resources.
9. Rinse and repeat - Whose Next?

Really? Why was Soleimani near the Baghdad airport getting ready to finish the embassy attack and put in his choice of Iraqi PM? Have you forgotten why the US propped up Saddam during the Iraq/Iran war ?
Here’s a hint: Wolfowitz isn’t in the Trump admin and Obama/Bush no longer President. Wolfowitz is a neocon ( means newly or partially conservative) and came over from the Democrat side ..... same thing with R Perle. About the resources ... typical leftist reasoning, but the US has recently become more energy independent ..... sooooooo why would this be about oil?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: missed_gear

LA Times 1990

mg

From your link.

The Iraqi senior staff is riddled with incompetents chosen not for military prowess but for allegiance to Hussein, according to American analysts.

Only about a third of the huge army’s soldiers are experienced, front-line combat troops.

And despite the skill of its veteran field commanders in holding defensive ground, they are considered less impressive when called on to attack, potentially inept at maneuvering large numbers of troops and tanks when confronted with the unexpected.

Iraq’s air force is large but weak, its air defenses primitive by Western standards, its navy virtually non-existent.

It's never about QUANTITY but always about QUALITY.

Yet does not rebut the size as 5th largest in ranking c. 1990...

edit on 4-1-2020 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

And THAT just took away your only hopeful protection against direct military confrontation with the USA. Congrats, Iran, you stupid fools.

The only "stupid fools" I see are those who have lorded Trump over the years because he'll "bring the troops home" to save money and concentrate on making America great again.

It really is pathetic to see you people back everything he does even though he is diminishing your country and it's standing in the world , you're beating the drum for another foreign war even though Trumps main appeal was no more foreign intervention , Trump says Iran are bad so Iran are bad even though you're an ally of a country who is a state sponsor of terrorism and a country that has funded groups who have carried out attacks against your country .... you people really have no idea.

So many frickin keyboard warriors here these days it makes me sick , open your eyes and see what is really happening here ! , you are being led by the nose down the same old path

So sad ATS , in the 10 years I've been here I've never felt this disgusted by what I'm reading here.

You better hope Trump wakes up on the right side of the bed this morning.

Pathetic.
Iran has been “ bad” for a while now, at least since 79 when they took US civilians hostage. Don’t forget they tried to take over Iraq before the first Gulf War. Looks like thought they had a reprise during the Obama years.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Is this not the exact thing US military has been trying to goad Iran into doing, to justify the long sought after war?

I'm pretty sure the U.S. has been "goading" Iran into not obtaining nuclear weapons.

As far as your "goad" remark is concerned.......what was Iran's elite Quds force commander, Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani doing in Iraq, attacking the U.S. embassy if not "goading" a war?

In fact what was Iran's elite Quds force commander, Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani doing in Iraq in the first place?

Do you suppose he was there on a secret peace mission?

Dont be such a tool.

As far as I am aware, he was in a convoy of cars at the air port on his way to the funerals of Iraqi soldiers and had been a publicly announced visit. So no I don't think he was there on a secret peace mission, however, US & UK and their secret ops have been constantly stirring it up in the Middle East in general whilst bankrolling terrorist attacks in the region too. We are not the good guys anymore!

'Don't be such a tool'?... what a very bad mannered and childish thing to say.

in Iraq and Syria. His influence in Iraq was so great that when anti-government protests erupted, Soleimani was dispatched to Baghdad to participate in negotiations over the departure of the Iraqi prime minister.
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Question: who are the main lobbyists, the same lobbyists behind both UK and US politics?

Answer: [snip]

Not allowed this conversation on ATS.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
a reply to: gortex

To be honest, most Americans would like to see Iran's terrorist regime wiped off the map... there is no swaying that, it doesn't matter who the US president is...

What is pathetic is seeing people cry over Trump lol....

I agree, look at the chess board, not the player

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
Iran has RIGHTFULLY hated you since the 50s when you engineered a coup

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
Iran has RIGHTFULLY hated you since the 50s when you engineered a coup

Me???? I didn’t engineer anything. I am a victim of Henry Kissinger and Brzezinski’s globalist activities. I was never for either of them and I have never been for any of these Middle East Wars, I am against the activities of the CFR.
I just heard Steve Pieczenik talking about how Trump could not have done this without the support of Putin ... it was the leftist Carter admin who screwed us up with the help of Brzezinski. The US was supportive of Reza Pahlavi. It is the communist left who hates Capitalism.
Only recently I heard people on this forum yelling that Trump did not defeat ISIS in Iraq that it was Russians, and now aim hearing that Trump is the evil murderer. You leftist antiAmericans are sure full of yourselves.
Also you might do well to understand the history of communist infiltration in Iran and how the Iranians revolted producing the Mullah control. Either way, the pro American pro Capitalist Shah was ejected. Leftists have always been against capitalism and for petty dictatorships. It makes me sick watching leftists continually attack free enterprise and American exceptionalism.
By the way Pahlavi made this interesting statement www.google.com...
Funny how Leftists now choose radical state of Islam over secular democracy. Who would have guessed that. Remember that Pelosi herself is a member of DSA.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You pro war ding dongs won't be cheering if things spiral out of control and you're paying $10 a gallon for gas and everything in the grocery store triples in price.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
You pro war ding dongs won't be cheering if things spiral out of control and you're paying $10 a gallon for gas and everything in the grocery store triples in price.

you dont really think iran can do that do you?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

you dont really think iran can do that do you?
They showed they could target Saudi oil fields with drones a couple months ago. Look what Saddam did during the first gulf war lighting his own fields on fire. I don't know exactly what Irans capabilities are but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That'd be awesome for everyone working int the oil field.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Seriously, if your going to make claims like that, then you've got to back it up with some kind of evidence. Just saying it doesn't make it true!

You know 10 seconds using Google works lol.... Put this in Google and you can pick;.... Iraq military power 1990

They were ranked 5th in total military personnel, not overall strength of there military. The US wouldn't even make the top 6th if you were going to use man power alone to determine overall military strength.

Iraq's actual military strength was primitive compared to first world standards, unlike Iran, which as I've already pointed out is in the top 15 of the strongest militaries in world.

Point being, if the US went to all out war with Iran, it'd be a long drawn out ordeal with many deaths on both sides and would end up costing the US economy trillions of dollars.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican They'd have been there already if it was a cakewalk. It is not. You should study the advantages Iran has. Such as it's entire military is there. Our entire military is basically on our soil(minus ships). You think we can mobilize our entire 700 quadrillion dollar force right next to Iran in a heart beat? With Russia right upstairs? Not saying Russia would do anything. But I'm also not saying they wouldn't, because Syria is an example.

edit on 1/4/2020 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/4/2020 by Gyo01 because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join