It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Threats of Revenge are Beyond Foolish

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Better stick to your online gaming then, kid. Let the adults worry about this.

I was just beyond amused when he called Iran a "military super power."

They've got like the 14th most powerful military in the world, according to some estimates.

Either way though, if the obvious humanitarian crisis a war with Iran would cause doesn't bother you, just think about the financial cost. I mean Iraq cost at least a trillion dollars, so I'm guessing Iran would cost far more.

That site applies a ridiculous bonus credit to oil resources, which is the only reason Iran is even in the top third of their list. When confronted with an actual super power (or, the lone remaining super power) like the US it's sort of like saying the kid with the biggest stick stands the best chance against an enemy dropping Atomic Bombs.

The cost of Iraq was ridiculous because the intention was to drive up costs as much as possible. With a smart military leader the mission could have been accomplished without putting a US boot on the ground and certainly without spending billions to rebuild the enemy we'd just bent over. I'm confident this president can figure out a way to eliminate Iran, if needed, without making the same mistakes Bush and Obama made and for a fraction of the cost. That said, the government will find a way to waste a trillion dollars one way or the other, so we may as well take in an entertaining show while they're doing it instead of wasting it elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Seems Trump does not shy away from making a point. Remember he is the only one to actually use a MOAB...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Seems Trump does not shy away from making a point. Remember he is the only one to actually use a MOAB...

...and that was the last time "Tora Bora" was mentioned as an active battle front in the US' theaters of operation as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Iraqi official sources confirm the assassination of Shibl al-Zaydi

Yep. Keep mobilizing against us, and you will go down like flies. No oversight, no nuttin.

Carte Blanche.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

They've got like the 14th most powerful military in the world, according to some estimates.

What does that mean? Would that be like LeBron playing one on one against a 5th grader? Iraq was like 5th in the world when we walked all over them in 1990s, and then later in 2000s...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Iraq was like 5th in the world when we walked all over them in 1990s, and then later in 2000s...

So, they ranked higher than Britain and France then? I guess I should just take your word on that, yeah?

Seriously, if your going to make claims like that, then you've got to back it up with some kind of evidence. Just saying it doesn't make it true!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Arnie123

You can prove he was raped, tortured, burned and murdered?

I could say Trump gets his tan by having a nice long bath in Cheetos every night and going by your logic you need to prove that isn't so.
lol, that's ridiculous because regardless, they're DEAD as a result of innaction.

Not here.

So, not sure what your issue is.

We're simply doing what we are capable of doing, tit for tat, new admin, new response, why so shocked?

I see, so you're making fake news then?

Or just talking bs for #'s and giggles?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yeah, their threats are so terrifying. They don’t seem to comprehend that the United States could use just a fraction of its nuclear arsenal and not have to worry about Iran for decades, if not centuries. It would take less than an hour.

An all-out conventional assault — using nothing at first but B-2 bombers, F-35s, F-22s, drones and cruise missiles — would take out most of Iran’s air defenses in a week or two at most. The only thing left aside from AAA would be man-portable missiles (like Stingers), which can mostly be avoided by flying at altitudes above 13,000 feet.

From high altitudes, with no threat from fighters or SAMs, conventional USAF and Navy aircraft can drop smart bombs 24/7, taking out anything of value to Iran.

The Navy and USAF can easily mine and blockade Iran’s ports and rapidly sink its little navy. It wouldn’t be long before Iran was helpless, and it could be deconstructed at the leisure of the U.S. armed forces.

Its economy and society could be reduced to a Medieval level with the destruction of its power plants, power grid, water treatment plants, sewage treatment plants, oil pipelines, oil terminals, arms factories, TV and radio stations, newspapers, government buildings, airports, bridges, dams, rail marshaling yards, research laboratories, etc.

I doubt it would take more than 10,000 smart bombs weighing 2,000 lb. or more to accomplish this — well within the capabilities of the USAF and Navy. And if Israel were to join in, the war would be brief and one-sided, with no need to involve U.S. or Israeli ground forces. The Sunni Arabs, especially Saudi Arabia, would be delighted.

Iran’s leaders are playing with fire and either don’t realize the danger they’re in, or don’t care for religious reasons. Their behavior defies logic.

If Trump hasn’t ordered their destruction yet, it’s not because he has reason to fear them, but because he’s exercising a great deal of restraint. He doesn’t want a war if he can avoid it, which the dems should applaud. Instead, they will continue to criticize and second-guess everything he says and does.
edit on 3-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The leaders of Iran are just "going full Saddam" in front of a microphone.

The threats were uttered without a moment's thought regarding what the US or EU would think. Those threats were issued for the benefit of the guy in the Iranian street, who is thinking about participating in anti-government demonstrations in Tehran.

The Khameni regime has lost popular support. There hasn't been an organizing uprising recently; but it wouldn't take much to topple them, either. Soleimani was much more popular than the supreme leader... and now he's gone.

Iran cannot prosecute a proxy war at the moment, let alone take on the US.

They couldn't afford to close the straits of Hormuz, their favorite dick-move during the Obama appeasement. Trump has a partial blockade in place, and is even hurting the EU's trade with Iran. Another attack on Sa'udi assets would give trump the excuse to close the Hormuz himself, and would probably cause the riots in Iran that would overthrow the revolution itself.

The reason Soleimani was picking on the US embassy in the first place was it looked like an easy victory. One the wouldn't lead to open war with the USA (which Iran would lose in a week), wouldn't cost the Khameni regime any media points at home, and would give the Iranian banshees at home something to celebrate. Obama would've let them take the victory lap. But DJ Trump has them taken out.

No wonder the UK is livid. This is going to hurt their companies that do business in Iran, in contravention of the US sanctions. and drive up the price of gold, to boot!

edit on 4-1-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmericanYes genius they will attack Isreal which has nukes pointed at every country in world if it is bombed,and just what those sick MFers want

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I do no believe Iran is the villain. The iranian govt is not stupid, they have seen Afghanistan bombed back to the stone age, they have seen Iraq bombed back to the stone age and they like are witnessing Syria being bombed back to the stone age. I very much doubt the Iranian govt wants that to happen to itself. The Iranian govt like all governments is surrounded by advisers who are not stupid or suicidal.

IMO, what is going on here is extreme provocation by the US so they can bomb Iran back to the stone age and take over all of its resources.

Wars are always fought over resources and control and this is what I see the US wants.

Compare how many countries Iran has invaded to the number of countries the US has invaded over the last 100 years.

Paul Wolfowitz, the neoconservative who was Deputy Secretary of Defense under the Bush regime, declared:

“Our first objective is to prevent the re-emergence of a new rival, either on the territory of the former Soviet Union or elsewhere, that poses a threat on the order of that posed formerly by the Soviet Union. This is a dominant consideration underlying the new regional defense strategy and requires that we endeavor to prevent any hostile power from dominating a region whose resources would, under consolidated control, be sufficient to generate global power.”

Is Wolfowitz, when referring to “hostile power” referring to any power independent of Washington’s control?

The 9 Steps of Nation Raping.

Nation Raping - The 9 Steps
1. Accuse the target country of being a threat to peace.
2. Demonise the country and its leadership.
3. Exaggerate the threat they allegedly pose.
4. Fake diplomatic efforts to reach agreement.
5. Establish a pretext …. a line that was supposedly crossed.
6. Bomb the country back to the stone age.
7. Install a puppet regime.
8. Plunder the nations resources.
9. Rinse and repeat - Whose Next?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

No wonder the UK is livid. This is going to hurt their companies that do business in Iran, in contravention of the US sanctions.

UK companies are not bound to adhere to arbitrary US imposed sanctions.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Iran is playing with fire although they thought they could get away with this because of our previous administrations policy of all talk and no action except the action the Obama administration to kiss the Iranian governments arse and give them billions of dollars basically extorting us while we turned our back on Israel. With Trump as president all of that stopped and he's showing Iran and the rest of the world that we are just not going to tolerate it anymore especially Iran supporting the attack on our Iraq embassy. Trump is not a war monger like the left thinks he is and they have been trying to push that narrative since the air strike happened (just heard crying chuck whining about it as I type) but Trump simply is not going to let attacks happen against our people. He is upholding the oath he took as president (unlike others in recent history)Taking out that general was the right thing to do IMO. Maybe this will let them know how serious we are about the whole situation. It would be foolish for Iran to retaliate as it would lead to their downfall. I do feel for the Iranian people that Don't support the regime and have no problem with the US, I suspect we have assets in that community for Intel and to potentially help "stir things up"

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
While I agree Iran doesn't want to get bombed back into the stone age the big difference is Iran probably thinks they would stand a good chance against us because while we sent the countries you mentioned back to the stone age those countries didn't have the military, infrastructure and population that Iran does. That being said I think Iran will lull themselves into a false sense of security because of it, they likely see themselves as greatly superior to those other countries we have invaded and that is not good for the Iranians.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
Agreed.

Iran and all terrorist sponsors, should take the lesson and learn from it.

America, is back in the saddle again.

No apologies or Fs given

Oh, like that Afghanistan saddle Aye
yep that didn't end well did it... nope wait still fighting that one aren't they

What you are seeing here is the action that starts the collapse of the US by 2022.

And to add...

Replying to my post won't change the outcome.

edit on 4-1-2020 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
And to further add to all those that think they are about to or attack just Iran...

China/Russia/Iran deal

edit on 4-1-2020 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Shimon Prokupecz
@ShimonPro
·
18m
There are indications that Iran has ramped up the readiness of its short and medium range ballistic missile force. While that does not mean a strike by Iran is imminent the US is conducting intense surveillance to determine how soon missiles might be ready. @barbarastarrcnn

Right. And just before the time they are ready to fire, what do think is gonna happen? Now you have the verbal threats of Clerical and Presidential, the Hezbollah threats, followed up by actual physical preparation to fire threats. Plus very recent threats against our warships, bases, etc. AND direct threats against Israel too.

Trump won't even need to wink at Congress before taking extreme, broad, decisive, unilateral action on a massive scale against Iran with all that evidence in defense of US assets and interests.

Carte Blanche. Keep em coming you stupid fools.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Iran has been directly and openly threatening America since the 1970s.

I grew up with news stories showing Iranian leaders burning the flag and chanting death to America. But ... thing is ... now president ever did anything stupid enough to get them to follow through.

Now Trump has waded in and poked the bear.

Do you have any idea how many American citizens live overseas?

Do you know how many soft targets are now in danger?

Iran doesn't need to launch a full scale war. It just needs to send in suicide bombers to bus stops and schools in Israel, or the EU, or any place where there is a large number of ex-pats.

Thank you President Trump, millions of Americans are now checking under their vehicles before they go out in the morning, or are picking their kids up from school because they're afraid that the buses aren't safe any more.

Does anybody on this thread have any idea what it's like to be living outside of the US right now, or how afraid people are.

Iran is not going to let this go, and none of use here know where it's going to strike, and it will strike. Maybe through a proxy, or through special forces, or through some means that we've not seen yet.

Iran doesn't care that Washington will respond. It's going to do it anyway.

It doesn't care how "foolish" it might be, but people will die, good people, innocent people. People who didn't ask to get blown up or shot or poisoned because Trump couldn't keep a lid on it.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You people are not friggin listening. Iran is handing him the keys, literally, to press the button without even looking at Congress.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
They've been warned. Time and time again. Now they are openly stating they are going to take revenge action and it will cause us to mourn heavily. Uh huh.

More bluster from a regime that will just not shut up. What part of "This is not Obama here" do they not understand?

Trump has been MORE than patient. And honestly, they are lucky he has held out this long. Intensified threats of revenge will only likely bring more action. Graham has already hinted at wiping out their oil fields.

It is commonly known now that the President has the full authority to act without going to Congress in the face of an impending threat. And when the President of Iran gets up there openly threatening us, well then guess what you stupid fool?

YOU JUST GAVE TRUMP THE FULL AUTHORITY TO ACT IN OUR NATION'S SELF DEFENSE, WITHOUT THE NEED TO CONSULT OUR CONGRESS!!!

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

A much better strategy would have been to keep your friggin mouth shut, and keep fomenting your hatred through proxies. And force any direct action against your country to go through our Congress FIRST.

BUT NOW YOU HAVE DIRECTLY THREATENED US. OPENLY.

And THAT just took away your only hopeful protection against direct military confrontation with the USA. Congrats, Iran, you stupid fools. You are now at the sole mercy of Donald J. Trump. And Congress can whine all they want, but Trump at this point can launch pretty much anything he wants to against you, because you have stated your intent openly to the world. He now has the legal grounds to act, without the consent of Congress.

Way to go.

You better hope Trump wakes up on the right side of the bed this morning.

Chickenhawk alert!!

Trump is nothing more than a puppet to Israel and the military industrial complex. I didn't want it to be true, before he got elected his rhetoric was get out of the middle-east. I liked Trump, bring jobs back, make the economy good. And I'm not even American. But no, since he's took office, he's just been like any other US President.

Iran has been on the list of countries that will untimately be balkanized just like the rest of the countries surrounding Israel.

This is abovetopsecret. You should make a thread about the Yinon Plan and how the United States has somehow managed to adopt it.

The USA has the biggest Zionist President since Israel was founded. And it looks like the Greater Israel Project will come to fruition in my lifetime.

Yay, let's kill a military general that did a better job fighting ISIS than the US ever did. The US wanted ISIS to roll over Iraq, then Syria and then eventually Iran (Obama was put there to look weak, while unleashing countless drones). But Putin and that Iranian general put a stop to that.

Meanwhile Israeli politicians talk about annexing more of Palestine, following on with the Israel Expansion. While the American sheep beat their chests. You deserve trillions of your tax paying money to be wasted on endless war. But I do feel sorry for the real American patriots who see through this nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join