It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Titor and Spinning Black Holes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A few days ago I discovered this article from early 2019 about the strange characteristics of spinning black holes and couldn't find anything specifically about it on ATS. This research shows that apparently it would be possible to get near the singularity of a black hole without your spacecraft being destroyed, as long as the black hole is rotating. The math also seems to indicate that traveling through a rotating black hole would lead to another point in space-time or even a different universe entirely.

One of the most cherished science fiction scenarios is using a black hole as a portal to another dimension or time or universe. That fantasy may be closer to reality than previously imagined.

Researchers previously thought that any spacecraft attempting to use a black hole as a portal of this type would have to reckon with nature at its worst. The hot and dense singularity would cause the spacecraft to endure a sequence of increasingly uncomfortable tidal stretching and squeezing before being completely vaporized.

My team at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth and a colleague at Georgia Gwinnett College have shown that all black holes are not created equal. If the black hole like Sagittarius A*, located at the center of our own galaxy, is large and rotating, then the outlook for a spacecraft changes dramatically. That's because the singularity that a spacecraft would have to contend with is very gentle and could allow for a very peaceful passage.

Rotating black holes may serve as gentle portals for hyperspace travel

It turns out that Titor predicted this exact type of behavior when he spoke about black holes and how they are used for time travel. The following text was written by John Titor some time in 2001 I believe, this is only a small excerpt from a longer description of time travel, the full thing can be found in a post I made here.

ROTATING BLACK HOLE = DONUT-SHAPED SINGULARITY

Fortunately, most black holes are not static. They spin. Spinning black holes are often referred to as Kerr black holes. A Kerr black hole has two interesting properties. One, they have two event horizons and two, the singularity is not a point, it looks more like a donut. These odd properties also have a pronounced affect on the black hole's gravity.

There are vectors where you can approach the singularity without being crushed by gravity.

DONUT-SHAPED SINGULARITY = PASSAGE INTO ALTERNATE WORLDLINE

Another other more interesting result of passing through a donut singularity is that you travel through time by passing into another universe or worldline. Please see Penrose diagrams for Kerr Black holes or you can examine the calculations of Frank Tipler.

So now the problem becomes where do we find a donut-shaped singularity?

To be fair, I think even back in 2001 there was some research already showing the characteristics of spinning black holes, Titor even cites some of that research. However it seems like most of it was very theoretical back then, whereas now we have advanced simulations and a much deeper understanding of how black holes actually work, meaning it's a lot less theoretical at this point. Here's another study from 2016 which also claims a spacecraft and it's crew could safely approach a quickly-rotating black hole:

A team of researchers from Georgia Gwinnett College, UMass Dartmouth, and the University of Maryland have designed new supercomputer models to study the exotic physics of quickly-rotating black holes, a.k.a. Kerr black holes, and what might be found in the mysterious realm beyond the event horizon. What they found was the dynamics of their rapid rotation create a scenario in which a hypothetical spacecraft and crew might avoid gravitational disintegration during approach.

"We developed a first-of-its-kind computer simulation of how physical fields evolve on the approach to the center of a rotating black hole," said Dr. Lior Burko, associate professor of physics at Georgia Gwinnett College and lead researcher on the study. "It has often been assumed that objects approaching a black hole are crushed by the increasing gravity. However, we found that while gravitational forces increase and become infinite, they do so fast enough that their interaction allows physical objects to stay intact as they move toward the center of the black hole."

If you're going to fall into a black hole, make sure it's rotating

Wikipedia also has a few paragraphs on the topic of Kerr black holes acting as wormholes. The mathematics used for Kerr black holes also seems to align with what Titor was saying. There is a ring shaped singularity which arises due to the rotation and if you were to move through it the right way you could theoretically arrive in the past. Since that sounds pretty far-fetched they dismiss it as a "purely mathematical artefact", but it seems to me many different mathematical models predict something weird will happen.

Although the Kerr solution appears to be singular at the roots of Δ = 0, these are actually coordinate singularities, and, with an appropriate choice of new coordinates, the Kerr solution can be smoothly extended through the values of r corresponding to these roots. The larger of these roots determines the location of the event horizon, and the smaller determines the location of a Cauchy horizon. A (future-directed, time-like) curve can start in the exterior and pass through the event horizon. Once having passed through the event horizon, the r coordinate now behaves like a time coordinate, so it must decrease until the curve passes through the Cauchy horizon.[28]

The region beyond the Cauchy horizon has several surprising features. The r coordinate again behaves like a spatial coordinate and can vary freely. The interior region has a reflection symmetry, so that a (future-directed time-like) curve may continue along a symmetric path, which continues through a second Cauchy horizon, through a second event horizon, and out into a new exterior region which is isometric to the original exterior region of the Kerr solution. The curve could then escape to infinity in the new region or enter the future event horizon of the new exterior region and repeat the process. This second exterior is sometimes thought of as another universe. On the other hand, in the Kerr solution, the singularity is a ring, and the curve may pass through the center of this ring. The region beyond permits closed time-like curves. Since the trajectory of observers and particles in general relativity are described by time-like curves, it is possible for observers in this region to return to their past.[20][21] This interior solution is not likely to be physical and considered as a purely mathematical artefact.[29]

Kerr black holes as wormholes

edit on 2/1/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
There are vectors where you can approach the singularity without being crushed by gravity.

I'm willing to bet you $20 that this is not proven "by doing" in the next ten years. It's speculation.

I remember when I was in the Army way back when. We were down at the wash rack pressure washing our Jeeps. This one private wouldn't believe he could be injured by a mere jet of water.

Now ... scale that up to the level of a black hole ... and tell me you'd take the risk. _This_ is why we're not visited by either aliens or time travelers.

This is a great thread though. It makes ya think. So S$F for you, ChaoticOrder!!

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable

I'm willing to bet you $20 that this is not proven "by doing" in the next ten years. It's speculation.

Without access to a spinning black hole we obviously cannot test it. If we happened to discover a spinning black hole on the edges of our solar system (some recent studies suggest this may actually be possible) then we could try sending remotely controlled crafts into it to see what happened, but I highly doubt there are any black holes close enough that we could travel to them fast enough using current propulsion mechanisms.

The only real way it could be tested is by making use of micro-singularities as Titor claims happened in his time line. The main thing going against what Titor said is that we don't seem to have any proof that micro-singularities exist but he said they would be discovered by CERN just "around your corner". Then again "around your corner" may be yet still to come because Titor came from 2036, or perhaps they did find evidence for micro-singularities but it had to remain classified.

Titor himself said our timeline would end up different to his own so just because all his predictions weren't correct doesn't mean he was lying, the events he described could have happened on another timeline. Obviously I think this is all pretty speculative so I take it with a grain of salt, I was worried it was a bit too speculative for the science forum, but I decided the science forum isn't just for purely mainstream science and the science used here is pretty solid anyway.
edit on 2/1/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Donuts, or tori, have some pretty neat qualities that I honestly don't fully understand. I don't think anyone does really understand them as a 4th dimension object... more they have mental glimpses of them. I wish the kind of math involved was something I enjoyed. Sadly my passions were in another direction, but I spend a fair portion of high school not paying attention to my actual classes and reading more about topics like time travel and black holes. At the time I don't believe anyone mainstream had proposed their existence.

Very interesting topic and I look forward to seeing what some of the folks here have to say. S&F for great content. Hopefully this will turn into a nice rabbit hole.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Just a thought, if Titor was an adult from 2036, doesn't that mean he must be walking the earth as a child in 2020? So potentially he could be traced.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
Just a thought, if Titor was an adult from 2036, doesn't that mean he must be walking the earth as a child in 2020? So potentially he could be traced.

How? A child would not know his future or the roll he was going to take. But if you want to try, howmanyofme.com lists only two people in the States with the name of "John Titor." (This is an algorithm, not a census.) So go find him.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I doubt John Titor is even his real name, the only thing we really know is he'd be about 22 right now. I doubt he would know anything important anyway, he's probably on a very different path than the time traveling Titor, assuming he even exists at all.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Pity help the timeline where Titor claimed Y2K took them out the game. LoL

Did he not come back for an old IBM 386 or something?

Great yarn but thats about it Titor wise.

The rotating Kerr Black Holes/singularities are interesting all the same.

Edit: IBM 5100 from 75 apparently.
edit on 3-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Donuts, or tori, have some pretty neat qualities that I honestly don't fully understand. I don't think anyone does really understand them as a 4th dimension object...

Topology is actively applied to all studies of the natural and unnatural worlds including this very forum. We live in a topological manifold, the projective plane with which the planettes contribute their coordinating signals, a cross-cap (Ascension blocker) to be specific, 2D in 3D space.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: schuyler

I doubt John Titor is even his real name, the only thing we really know is he'd be about 22 right now. I doubt he would know anything important anyway, he's probably on a very different path than the time traveling Titor, assuming he even exists at all.

Of course. The whole story is suspect. But....just to humor the believers....

new topics

top topics

join