It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
RE: twitter.com...

What do you bet Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, do not know (or care) who Ambassador Stevens was?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Anybody know the name of the American mercenary, I mean, defense contractor that was killed that seemed to set this off?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What do you bet Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, do not know (or care) who Ambassador Stevens was?

What proof is there that this guy had anything to do with Benghazi? Other than a book written by a republican activist during Obama's presidency.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: carewemust

What proof is there that this guy had anything to do with Benghazi? Other than a book written by a republican activist during Obama's presidency.

Considering Soleimani's reach and love of destroying things, it's easier to believe, than not believe.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
Anybody know the name of the American mercenary, I mean, defense contractor that was killed that seemed to set this off?

Can't find the name, but it looks like the attack that killed him/her, and wounded American Troops, was just one of several attacks.
www.militarytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor

Excellent point right there. What's the guy's story, and is it legit? I.E, legit nobody employee, or mercenary who ended up marked?

I'm of the personal and very coldly blunt opinion that mercenaries of any nationality are fair collateral damage & expendable. They choose to play the game with gray area rules, they get to deal with the game's outcomes.

So, was Dave Schmoe the Defense Contractor legit, or sketchy & hiding behind the title for cover story purposes?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm saying that a war with Iran will definitely kill more people on both sides than Soleiman ever could.

So which is truly the greater evil?

We're not at war.

Congress needs to declare war, there is no war.

Just tiny pieces of some dead terrorists.

And people are upset about that.

I agree to disagree...

What I currently understand...Is that the United States is involved in a 'proxy war' with Iran.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The fact that he was leading a terrorist "militai" within the borders of another country escapes you, doesn't it?

That alone is casus belli.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe we can zap this terrorist, now that he's out in the open?

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I had to censor the pics...
Burnt blowed up hamburger stump.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Have they nuked Israel yet? No...ok.

We are not at war. Like everything that the POTUS does there are a few days of over reaction. Obama went on an apology tour and got the Peace Prize. Then Killed OBL and a 16 year old US citizen. No protests. All this came about during his presidency too. It took Trump to make a point and everyone acts like it is WW3.

Remember when Yemen would be WW3
Remember when Syria would be WW3
Remember when NK would be WW3
Remember when moving the embassy to Jerusalem would be WW3
Remember when killing ISIS leader Baghdadi would be WW3

This is no different than any other airstrike since 9/11 except this one made a long overdue point. Who knows who sold that guy out because that was the intel. Who is the PMU leader now? I would guess he had a hand in it. Leadership can change on a daily basis if it has to and Trump has shown that.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

The fact that he was leading a terrorist "militai" within the borders of another country escapes you, doesn't it?

The difference between his guerilla warfare backing methods and ours is....what again? To say we don't have a direct hand in the same exact crap right there, or elsewhere, is very deluded & ignorant. Be objective here, our hands are just a filthy & bloody with our equivalent groups & leaders of them.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

We're in a proxy war with China, Russia, Iran, Nebraska, Atlantis, Narnia, . . . .

In other words, it's called diplomacy.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Tucker is showing some good sense for a change. Fox is changing!!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
He got what he so richly deserved. Last time I was in Afghanistan almost all the road side bombs traced back to Iran, the rest to Pakistan.
Iran supports terrorism against our friends, allies and neighbors around the world.
If you are against this guys death, then you are wrong, an anti-American, or maybe just a grossly mis-informed liberal. At any rate anti-American.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
That's like saying if a member of the US military killed a random Iranian, it would justify the Iranians assassinating the US Vice President.

Ummm... not even close - unless you have accrual evidence that the VP is a terrorist?

There is such a thing as proportionality.

There is also a thing called rationality.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

It is not the position it is the man in that position. Comparing Pence to Soleimani is ignorant.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I'm sure the Iranians feel the same, did the U.S. buy Iraq? why are you there?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What are the chances that the Trump administration will reveal the "imminent" threat that justified assassinating Soleimani? I have a feeling pretty much 0%. But hey, election year!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Better than dropping the ball and allowing a terror attack to happen. We can thank Clinton and Bush for that one but then again that is why we are back in the ME.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join