It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Normally I don't agree with you on a lot of things, but on this I absolutely do. Something smells fishy here....

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if a civilian flight is blown out of the sky in the coming days/weeks.
Irans regime have done that before,dirty tactics which they can deny.
Hope I am wrong.

The civilian flight connected to Iran was shot down by the US, not Iran.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Zaphod58

Have you seen the outer building of the embassy? The windows are smashed and it's burned out with everything inside destroyed. That's more than a protest. And protest or attack, embassy grounds are still sovereign territory.

Like Ferguson, violent protests are like war zones, but this was a protest, not an act of war by Iran.

Good god, what fantasy world do you live in?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

And the people that were creaming their boxers over abandoning our allies in Syria because we needed to get our troops home are now creaming their boxers over sending those same troops to a more dangerous theater.

If Iran didn't attack our embassy, then there'd be no need to send troops.

But you don't want to blame Iran for some reason.

Wonder why.

hmmm. . . . .

Never mind that he maimed and killed Hundreds if not Thousands of US Troops with the copper shot IEDs he had used in Iraq. All the apologists seem to gloss over that. Some of us have long memories.

Just for that, Soleimani was a dead man walking in my eyes. We saw the opportunity and took the shot.

link   

Maybe it has to with the lack of proof and our country's long history of justifying war through lies.

Even then, I still don't see why we should sacrifice thousands of US citizens when there is no kind of tangible goal. Tell me, how many Iranians need to die to sate your bloodlust? Should that number increase with every US soldier that will inevitably killed?

I could ask you the same.

how many embassies should burn, how many Americans is acceptable to die before you'd want to take action?

link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Zaphod58

Have you seen the outer building of the embassy? The windows are smashed and it's burned out with everything inside destroyed. That's more than a protest. And protest or attack, embassy grounds are still sovereign territory.

Like Ferguson, violent protests are like war zones, but this was a protest, not an act of war by Iran.

Good god, what fantasy world do you live in?

Orange man bad, Iranian terrorists that have documented history of killing Americans good. This is how #ing loony the left has gotten since the 2016 election.

link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Iran will not do anything out of the ordinary, they will continue to have their proxy attack American forces. The usual. They know if it is escalated then the US will take out their refineries and communications which will put the country in a very bad position. I think they are calculated and know when to pick their battles. For now it will be business as usual. They will use their proxies like always and do the usual attack here and there.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

And the people that were creaming their boxers over abandoning our allies in Syria because we needed to get our troops home are now creaming their boxers over sending those same troops to a more dangerous theater.

Seems reasonable to send troops where they are needed.
In Northen Syria, ISIS had been defeated. There was no obligation to protect the Kurds forever.
Now there is a need to defend against an attack on the US, so troops are needed.

Your broad brush 'troops or no troops' argument doesn't really hold much water in the real world.

link   

originally posted by: pavil

Wonder why.

hmmm. . . . .

Never mind that he maimed and killed Hundreds if not Thousands of US Troops with the copper shot IEDs he had used in Iraq. All the apologists seem to gloss over that. Some of us have long memories.

Just for that, Soleimani was a dead man walking in my eyes. We saw the opportunity and took the shot.

Exactly.

The people shedding tears over this cowardly killer should be ashamed of themselves.

link   
Where were all of you when Obama killed a 16 year old US citizen in a drone strike? In fact 3 US citizens were killed in Yemen in that year. Was Pelosi demanding answers then?

This preemptive move could very well stop WW3 as everyone is stating. Instead of announcing a draw back on CNN like past POTUS's have done the current administration acted as they should. Quietly. Swiftly. Assertive.

I think more people should be asking why he and others were not killed during the last decade....I hope he finds his virgin goats waiting for him...

edit on Janam31amf0000002020-01-03T10:10:18-06:001018 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'm not moving the goalposts. I was responding to a different post than your follow-up on the AUMF. In my first post I quoted the extent of the AUMF. It doesn't seem vague at all. In fact as recently as July of last year the Pentagon has stated that they don't believe the AUMF can be applied to Iran due to their limited/nonoperational ties to al-Quaeda.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

And the Right all of a sudden believe that soldiers coming home in coffins is a good thing after telling us just months ago that not another one should have to die in the Middle East.

The hypocrisy cuts both ways.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Maybe it has to with the lack of proof and our country's long history of justifying war through lies.

Even then, I still don't see why we should sacrifice thousands of US citizens when there is no kind of tangible goal. Tell me, how many Iranians need to die to sate your bloodlust? Should that number increase with every US soldier that will inevitably killed?

I could ask you the same.

how many embassies should burn, how many Americans is acceptable to die before you'd want to take action?

Seems incredible to me that any US citizen would have the opinion that the US should respond to an attack on their country by doing nothing in case they are attacked again.
Where did that spineless, cowardly mindset come from? I know Obama was in office for 8 years and that had a lot to do with it (no bigger coward ever held the office), but surely he didn't remove the spines of so many Amercians?

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

As I said ion my first post in this thread, no one is lamenting on here is lamenting the death of Soleimani. They're lamenting the fact that it's going to ultimately cost us the lives of thousands of US soldiers. Not to mention it will be just more instance where the US is fomenting a hatred that will come back to bite us a generation from now.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

And the Right all of a sudden believe that soldiers coming home in coffins is a good thing after telling us just months ago that not another one should have to die in the Middle East.

The hypocrisy cuts both ways.

Your argument is still too general and somewhat childlike.
The use of US force (and presence) in the ME or anywhere else should be determined by the need to protect American citizens. Thus some areas no longer require a military presence, where others will.
I have no problem with decisions based on the need for security. That is exactly why a person with a little more thought can be supportive of the removal of troops from Northern Syria and the delpoyment of troops to protect an Embassy and facilities UNDER ATTACK.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm not moving the goalposts. I was responding to a different post than your follow-up on the AUMF. In my first post I quoted the extent of the AUMF. It doesn't seem vague at all. In fact as recently as July of last year the Pentagon has stated that they don't believe the AUMF can be applied to Iran due to their limited/nonoperational ties to al-Quaeda.

And it has been applied more broadly than you're claiming, and that has been upheld in court. You're wrong. I know you'll never admit that because you're too arrogant. You can have the last word on that issue, but you're still wrong. The strike was legal. Bark up a more logical tree.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

As I said ion my first post in this thread, no one is lamenting on here is lamenting the death of Soleimani. They're lamenting the fact that it's going to ultimately cost us the lives of thousands of US soldiers. Not to mention it will be just more instance where the US is fomenting a hatred that will come back to bite us a generation from now.

So you are fortune telling and based on your visions of the future, lamenting the future?
Meanwhile back in the present, you did not lament the attack on the US Embassy and military facilities, which inolved the murder of a US citizen, but you've become melancholy all of a sudden because a terrorist was killed.

Do you actually think people don't see right through you?

edit on 3/1/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

So you are fortune telling and based on your visions of the future, lamenting the future?

Yeah but just like the climate alarmists, the predictions are a generation from now so he'll never have to answer for being wrong. This isn't a serious conversation.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Wonder why.

hmmm. . . . .

Exactly.

The people shedding tears over this cowardly killer should be ashamed of themselves.

They have no shame.
They see any and all actions taken by POTUS as an opportunity to spin and claim the end of the world at his hands.
Utterly crazy.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Do you not understand the difference between the strength Trump uses compared to the bending over ways of obama?

It's like Spartacus (the real one, not Booker) leading you into a war vs your 5th grade hall monitor leading you into a war.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join