It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sounds like its on

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Now that's its right-wing Nazi hour

Good night

And Iran.. Iran so far awaaayyy...

lolz...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Totally significant if. Al Sad5 kicks off his forces go against US in Iraq.

Jpost reporting Bibi cut short Greek Cyprus alliance meeting early and returning to Jerusalem. Israel's got 120000 of Solrmanis missiles pointed at it in northern border tegion.

Libya is also worth watching as Egypt + Russia are fighting Turks there right now, Turkey looking at committing more hardware to stop Egypt Russia takeover of Tripoli

Friday prayers all over ME in a few hours gonna be interesting

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I wouldn’t be surprised the US hasn’t stopped ‘hunting’ Sadr in preparation for a rise of the Mahdi Army, he wouldn’t want to pop his head up too long or make too much noise or he might get an uninvited guest weighing 2000lb entering his house through the roof.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

A U.S. - Iran war poses strategic risks across the globe. In the event of a full-blown conflict, primary the USN and USAF would redeploy forces to the Middle East, leaving their previous theatre of operations increasingly vulnerable. China and Russia may give in to the temptation of exploiting military weakness. In a nutshell: Russia would invade Western Europe and China has numerous options from Taiwan to blockading Japan.

The best way to off the risk described above is for U.S. policy/decision-makers to the rediscovery Cold War-era style proxy wars. However, the ongoing events in Iraq and the Gulf (probably) sits between the character of WW3 and Vietnam wars.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   

One false move by Iran moving forward (especially one that results in US troops / citizens being killed) and I fear the Washington / Pentagon warpigs will finally get their 25+ year wish of hitting Iranian nuclear and military interests with a few megatons of freedom and democracy and reinstalling some muppet leader who will do the banksters bidding.

Israel must be stoked.

IMO the US can't afford another war, either financially or with blood - enough is enough. The US is still in debt from the last middle east oil-grab fest and now, thanks to the internet, the whole planet can see the streets of San Fran and other cities for the disgusting 3rd world lookin sh!tholes that they are - so yeah, time to take care of some domestic duties and leave the wars to last century and/or other like-minded countries who are geographically closer to the flashpoint.

Then again, they're not called the 'House of War' for nothing, those here old enough remember the gigantic waste of time protesting the 2003 invasion of Iraq was, will know that if US warpigs start gearing up, then its on - rain, hail or shine & the publics opinions are muted from the entire equation.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Possibly a result of Mahdi Army and Al Sadr reactivating.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I dont think we (the west) were ever meant to recover economically from the 2003 invasion.

And San Fran is a disgrace, hopefully its leaders are replaced soon.

I rememeber watching the build up in 2002.. i was suckered in... i was believing all the news reports aboit mobile labs and scores of terrorists in hiding... it was all total lies.. that will go down as the greatest warcrime since Hitler.

Even in 2004 onwards ppl were expecting US or Israeli strikes against Iran... hard to believe 15yrs later we are finally on the cusp..

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
AlSadr may have been a key player at one point in time, but the US military is a very different beast since the 90s, not saying that he has been resting on his laurals, but that we have precision based weapons these days that could turn him into what we turned that general into, Crispy.

No, this was a statement to Iran that the US will not be challenge.

I mean, did you people forget we're a superpower?

Trump has been VERY RESERVED in his actions, even calling off an earlier attack at an earlier date and I distinctly remember people saying Trump had no balls, yada yada.

Now, we have Americans injured and ONE(1) death, as well as violenting destroying an American embassy and you expect the President to ignore this? To tell the military to stand down, ala Benghazi?

NO.

We elected Trump to get things done and he had done a pretty damn good job appeasing those who'll prefer talks rather bullets but enough is enough, considering all that has happened pre Trump to Present Trump, he has taken a hard line fist and utilizing our vast Superpower to get it done.

Theodore had his big stick, Trump has StormBreaker.
edit on 3-1-2020 by Arnie123 because: Hmmm

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Iran are only going mobilise a proxie force, they know they can’t beat the US.

If I were US, any attack by the snake would result in an attack on the head, f**k fighting the Mahdi Army, for every attack they claim, an Iranian military or religious leader gets the good news.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I guess its a special meeting ?!

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   

DRONE HIM NOW!

P.S. All CNN headlines are Anti-America and Pro-Iran tonight.

P.S.S. The New York Times is on Iran's side too!

Terrorist-loving NYT: www.nytimes.com...
edit on 1/3/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

They already are. There's another thread where a member is posting mobilizations, quite promptly I'd say.

Good to see other people who are tracking.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Hopefully Zaphod can comment if this is unusual...

Lots happening, lots on the air.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you're getting

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Just saw 3 C5s pass those tankers recently RCH 609 977 and 979

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:20 AM
link   

They started their deployment the same day as the embassy attack, so this more than likely was a planned deployment that turned into more. You don't start moving a fighter unit that fast. It usually takes 48 hours for a unit to start to deploy.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I wonder if the Iranian general was a target or just collateral. According to reports he was with the militia commander that supposedly orchestrated the embassy attack. What was the General doing there? Giving new targets, stand-down orders, or in person congratulations? Generals don’t normally stick there necks out that much. Did the US know he was with the militia commander?

So many questions.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Looks like at least 977 is going into Spain.
edit on 1/3/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I found this link that is a live feed of events from the BBC.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Is this the first time the USA has targeted a ‘proper’ leader of a countries military? ( post Vietnam)

Notice the comment from Iran saying Israel will be mourning soon

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join