It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC leader Soleimani has been killed in targeted assassination near Baghdad

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
My deepest apologies for some reason I thought you were American

link   

I think that's an Iranian symbol.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Interesting...

That is spooky
Very interesting wording

Yeah, quite the coincidence. I don’t believe in most coincidences.

link   

Oh, you mean Iran, the secular country that punishes any religion outside of Christianity and Shi'ite Muslim?

The country that sentenced a group of teens to lashings due to them making a dance video on youtube?

The country that supports terrorism on a level Saudi Arabia could only dream to match?

The country whose backed militia's recently killed an American contractor and wounded several troops? Who we struck in retaliation?

Or did you mean a different Iran?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X
here you have the spiritual leader saying there will be revenge

Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, has vowed that “severe retaliation” awaits those who killed one of the top IRGC commanders Qassem Soleimani, according to a statement.

www.bloomberg.com...

Meh
I fart in his general direction.
His mother was a hamster, and his father smelt of old elderberries.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

A hero to Iran, Syria and Iraq. He was the man who led the Iranian intervention that ended the sex slaving, child beheading, public burning terror cult that was the Islamic State.

Putting an end to that is not heroism in your book?

It is a little bombastic I suppose. The Russians helped as well, as did the brave men and women of Syria and Iraq. But it would not have been possible without Iranian help (or a lot more Russian aid) thanks to the seemingly endless supplies flooding to IS from Israel, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and other such wonderful places.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dolby_X

Yep watching aljazeera, right now all the Iranian’s being interviewed are saying they will mobilize their military and attack soldiers in Iraq, blah, blah. Saying they have allies etc, thinking they will get Iraqi, help etc.

Actually fixing to GOTO bed, nothing jumping off in the next few hours, if they were gonna do it, they would have already declared war.. Iran won’t... DECLARE WAR folks. We might thou.....

Goodnight.

🤔

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Humpf. Might wanna google, the Iranians who have been protesting in Iraq, dancing in the streets after it was revealed he was killed. He and his hesbolah, friend..

Good night.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Why I don’t like the Iranian government

A particular poster, a big pain in the ass, has accused me of supporting Iranian radicals.

Nothing is further from the truth.

A few years ago, I spent a great time with some Iranian Sufis in NYC.

They are great people and it was my privilege to spend time with them.

Unfortunately, it had come to my attention that the Iranian government persecuted Sufis.

I believe some of those accusations.

So, I’m NOT a friend of the Iranian government. But I’m also aware that if you add it all up it is the US, as Putin said, that is primarily responsible for the problems in the ME not Iran.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Yeah well Iran better think long, hard and carefully about what they do instead of rushing headlong into war.

Beware though of a potential Putin move here on the chessboard. As in, he could preemptively attempt to take out those 4,000 troops being deployed, to disallow with a final "We've had enough of US meddling in the Middle East."

And that could come in the form of a low yield tactical. They've said they would if threatened, over and over. So lookout. In times like these, all eyes open. WIDE.

The RUSSIAN Fleet & CHINA'S navy have deployed TO THE straits of HORMUZ American idiots just started WW3
Chinese navy &RUSSIA'S baltic flleet join Iranian NAVY

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Willtell
This is the equivalent of assassinating the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff,there will be a response but on their terms and timeline it may be weeks but there will be a response so you are correct this is a can of worms thats been opened

It’s not even close to that, this guy was the head of an Iranian sponsored terrorist insurgency.

If a Seal commander was killed whilst operating in Iran would be a closer similarity.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sorry dude your linked article is June 2017

a reply to: RIPMH370

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Anyway, this guy always bugging me. I have no animus toward you.

If we disagree, we shouldn’t indulge in name-calling but frankly, maybe I’m wrong, but it seems to me it is thou who always starts that.

Maybe we can make up and start over.

We shouldn’t fight over these politicians most of them aren’t worth it.

link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Willtell
This is the equivalent of assassinating the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff,there will be a response but on their terms and timeline it may be weeks but there will be a response so you are correct this is a can of worms thats been opened

It’s not even close to that, this guy was the head of an Iranian sponsored terrorist insurgency.

If a Seal commander was killed whilst operating in Iran would be a closer similarity.

Terrorist insurgency? A pro-government Iraqi militia?

He was the head of the Quds Force, the Iranian Special Forces, not an Iraqi Militia.

link   
a reply to: Forensick

Sorry dude he was the head of Quods. Major General... thats an upper echleon

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RIPMH370

Yeah well Iran better think long, hard and carefully about what they do instead of rushing headlong into war.

Beware though of a potential Putin move here on the chessboard. As in, he could preemptively attempt to take out those 4,000 troops being deployed, to disallow with a final "We've had enough of US meddling in the Middle East."

And that could come in the form of a low yield tactical. They've said they would if threatened, over and over. So lookout. In times like these, all eyes open. WIDE.

The RUSSIAN Fleet & CHINA'S navy have deployed TO THE straits of HORMUZ American idiots just started WW3

Omg
Its bedlam
Cats and dogs marrying
Panic
Panic
Panic

What poo

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RIPMH370

The article is from 2017 and regards naval exercises. Russia and China are allies of Iran. It is no different than routine NATO drills they have every year in places like Germany, Romania and so on.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

Humpf. Might wanna google, the Iranians who have been protesting in Iraq, dancing in the streets after it was revealed he was killed. He and his hesbolah, friend..

Good night.

Iranians protesting in Iraq. Sure thing. I'm sure Americans danced in the streets of Mexico when General Patton died as well.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Unfortunately, it had come to my attention that the Iranian government persecuted Sufis.

And Sunni's, Baha'is, Mandeans, and anything other than Shi'ite or Christianity, and Christianity was only excepted because they feared the global backlash.

The guy killed today was a terrorist, plain and simple. It was his militia that attacked and killed an American contractor. We didn't go after him just because we felt like it, we responded to an action that he ordered. He's now dead because of his orders. Nothing more, nothing less. Iran will respond with some more tweets, and some statements by their FM, nothing else will happen.

link   
a reply to: Forensick

Not quite

He was equivalent to any similar American special forces top general, which btw often act like terrorists in wars.

Phoenix program for example.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join