It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movement pushing to abolish the police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What these small time thugs that believe they want a world without police "catching" them when they victimize the weak pacifists among them don't understand is the simple fact that a certain percentage of this country are very similar to Rorschach from Watchmen. The police aren't just (or even primarily) there to protect society from the thugs... they exist in great numbers to protect the thugs from society's Rorschachs. Remove the justice and penal system from the equation and you don't simply go to a lawless society run by the filth, you go to a lawless society where the filth is removed quickly upon identification by those who believe it is a fundamental Right to defend yourself, your home, your business, and your family and friends and recognize that the natural consequence of repeat criminal behavior, that consequence being removed from the world of the living, is the only consequence that leads to a zero percent recidivism rate.

I don't think this world's thugs would like (or long survive) their "Nirvana" world of no police officers pulling their asses off the street and safely stashing them away behind the protection of concrete and iron bars before the boogeymen catch them, as is the system currently.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, no one should be criminalised for being poor. That is a sad reality of the plutocratic oligarchic system that plagues the west.

That being said, abolishing the police is not the way to go about that. Having a police force is necessary for the functioning of the state itself. The police are there to enforce the law and maintain order. Without such an institution there would be anarchy. Anarchy, of course, being of no benefit to the poor. Or anyone at all for that matter.

Such ridiculous policies should really bar someone from running for office. The systemic dismantling of the institutions of state, which is required for the continual functioning of society and civilisation, is madness.
edit on -060005pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What these small time thugs that believe they want a world without police "catching" them when they victimize the weak pacifists among them don't understand is the simple fact that a certain percentage of this country are very similar to Rorschach from Watchmen.

I don't think this world's thugs would like (or long survive) their "Nirvana" world of no police officers pulling their asses off the street and safely stashing them away behind the protection of concrete and iron bars before the boogeymen catch them, as is the system currently.

Brava!!!

Where I live the police are here to get rid of the occasional small-time burglar or drug dealer....

Other then that, their only job is to await the coroner and fill out the paperwork with the home owner.

edit on 2-1-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Honestly if police were only used for theft and violent crimes we wouldn't need anywhere as many of them and definitely wouldn't need nearly as much funding for them. But by the same train of though if someone is dropping their drawers to take a crap right in front of the window of your business you should be allowed to whack them upside the head with a broom.

I couldn't agree more. I've had the fortune of spending time in towns that only had a Sheriff and a couple of deputies, and man was it nice. Never heard of public poopers in any of those towns, and most problems that I heard of were solved right then and there by the people that lived there. The only people that were put in jail were drunks sobering up, there was the occasional myriad of other crimes, but for the most part the cops only dealt with the serious stuff, and that's how the people living in those towns wanted it.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Honestly if police were only used for theft and violent crimes we wouldn't need anywhere as many of them and definitely wouldn't need nearly as much funding for them. But by the same train of though if someone is dropping their drawers to take a crap right in front of the window of your business you should be allowed to whack them upside the head with a broom.

I couldn't agree more. I've had the fortune of spending time in towns that only had a Sheriff and a couple of deputies, and man was it nice. Never heard of public poopers in any of those towns, and most problems that I heard of were solved right then and there by the people that lived there. The only people that were put in jail were drunks sobering up, there was the occasional myriad of other crimes, but for the most part the cops only dealt with the serious stuff, and that's how the people living in those towns wanted it.

There was a 3 day festival here over new years, they had a huge presence at the festival with sniffer dogs, they also had a massive bus set up with about 10 or maybe 15 cars roaming the area like sharks circling their pray.

They tell us it's for road safety yet we know they have a quotas and those 150k plus shiny BMW and chyslers don't pay f o r themselves, it's fleecing the public , just theft essentially, no crime prevention just highway robbery by the highway patrol.
edit on 2-1-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I hear ya there. Where I'm at you would think there's no cops, but at the end of the month a visitor could be forgiven for thinking that a third of the city was a police officer.

It's like where the hell are they the rest of the month? I'm not saying they should be out in force all month, but where do they hide? Over here we get to deal with the sheriffs, troopers and city police. I've been pulled over three times for the same thing in less than half an hour.

They just dog people out here.

People don't even pretend that cops aren't crooked here. Hell, the guy running the county jail got sacked and put in jail for some kind of scheme where he was preventing inmates from smoking, but allowing them to vape. The caveat was that they had to order them from a specific company that was owned by none other than the guy's son.

That's just one of them.

They went through here about a year ago or so with Operation "Candy Crush" were they raided all of the local CBD shops and arrested the owners. Even though the owners were legally allowed to sell the legal products.

The cops here are always doing something stupid. It would be comical if they weren't constantly effing people over.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sounds like that movie when they get to "purge" one day of the year..

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

The cops here are always doing something stupid. It would be comical if they weren't constantly effing people over.

Indeed, chief wiggam is a great example of art imitating life.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I guess many here on ATS would consider me leftist, especially on social issues.

Anyone who believes abolishing the police is a good idea should be sterilised and not allowed to take any active part in society at all.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I personally think for positive change in our country we need a couple of things. -
bring shame back -
parenting classes -
education improvement -
financial literacy

Take this in the light intended, but who decides what is shameful, what is good parenting, what is an improvement, and what is financial literacy? These are all VERY subjective.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
I don't know which Gospel you speak from , but I will be a witness hallelujah amen!

While I feel many of us could manage modestly to survive such a scenario as a community without structured law enforcement, we have to think of our sisters, our mothers and our gram grams' and their safety and dignity when not within our personal zone of safety.

Just another reason ALL those who we love and cherish should be armed, trained in use of said arm, and taught ultra-vigilance.

Unfortunately sometimes things go awryy and gram gram gets tased by the police.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Let the left keep demonizing an entire class of people, see how far it gets them in November.

Americans are ticked off and rightfully so. The left hates law enforcement, they hate accountability and they hate that a system exists that can't be swayed or bent by their usual tactics and talking points.

Because when it comes down to it, facts are on our side at an eye popping 20:1. Just pitiful. At the expense of the US

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Don't bother calling the police.
They remember what happened last time.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
One moron once told me that “police are promoted based on number of arrests. That’s the only reason they arrest people”

It’s low-iq morons like that who want to abolish the police

And then they want to ban guns

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
I think they should run a pilot program as a test case in, say, Seattle and San Francisco. Maybe throw in Chicago and Baltimore so it's not all west coast.

And keep federal law enforcement out, as well.

Let's see how it plays out there, then we can look forward.

They already have in Chicago and Baltimore. In Baltimore, after the Freddie Gray fiasco, the police basically said screw it and homicides went through the roof. Same thing in Chicago. Police pulled back and murders were unabated. City is actually celebrating this year though as we finished the year with under 500 murders. LOL. Improvement? Yes. Something to brag about? No...

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What these small time thugs that believe they want a world without police "catching" them when they victimize the weak pacifists among them don't understand is the simple fact that a certain percentage of this country are very similar to Rorschach from Watchmen. The police aren't just (or even primarily) there to protect society from the thugs... they exist in great numbers to protect the thugs from society's Rorschachs. Remove the justice and penal system from the equation and you don't simply go to a lawless society run by the filth, you go to a lawless society where the filth is removed quickly upon identification by those who believe it is a fundamental Right to defend yourself, your home, your business, and your family and friends and recognize that the natural consequence of repeat criminal behavior, that consequence being removed from the world of the living, is the only consequence that leads to a zero percent recidivism rate.

I had the same thought; that we could see a sharp rise in vigilante justice.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

If I were in the US I would be all for this. Let them do it in their sanctuary cities, but there would be no federal help when SHTF. And make no mistake...S will H T fan.

No police you say...LOL. This can only be contrived by a childish mind completely dislocated from the real world.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I've had my home raided on several occasions over plants, and truth be told, that really irks me.

But I still respect the police, and I still appreciate their dedicated service, regardless.

My problem isn't with the police, and I refuse to get angry with them for the isolated actions of the questionable few.

My issue lays firmly with the idiotic and often corrupt politicians and legislators who place us all in these kinds of situations in the first place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join