It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blondie - Apollo Theatre, Glasgow, 1979

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
December 31st 1979 I was in my room recording this show on a radio cassette player I'd received for Christmas as it was simultaneously broadcast on the radio, Debbie Harry was this young teens dream woman and drummer Clem Burke an inspiration to a kid who had aspirations of being in bands , it's possible Clem was one of the the reasons for me ditching dreams of guitar stardom for drumming stardom.

So today in the 21st century I get to see and share the show I'd visualised in my head all those years ago .... aint the future great !

Debbie's wearing more clothes than I'd imagined though.

01:23 Dreaming
04:30 Union City Blue
07:51 Atomic
13:38 Room with a View
17:01 Heart of Glass
22:47 Hanging on the Telephone
25:20 Pipes & Drums Sunday Girl
26:28 Sunday Girl (outro)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

She was sooooo hot, damn..

Debbie's wearing more clothes than I'd imagined though

Unfortunately so, but it was Glasgow.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Good Point.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I still listen to Blondie occasionally. Who says a girl can't "Rapture"?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Oh wow. Just seeing the words 'The Old Grey Whistle Test' coming up at the end made me laugh. Haven't heard that for ages.
My 11 year old just asked 'What are you watching!'. I told her this was a pop star from when I was young. She replied 'She looks a bit like Taylor Swift!'. She wasn't impressed when I said all the newbie pop stars copy the older ones.
(I then proceeded to google Taylor Swift to see who the bloomin heck she was as I hadn't a clue!)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
She was just so good.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just took my wife and 12 yo daughter to see her last August at the NYS Fair. Still kicks butt, and she was hammered when she came out red solo cupping it!

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
To me, Blondie really captured that blonde bombshell persona far better than Madonna did in those early years (her music was better than Madonna too IMO). Of course everyone was still haunted by the Monroe icon, but I liked some of the Monroe spinoffs like Blondie more. One blonde actress, contemporary with Marilyn Monroe, that sparked my young interest in women with that "look" was Yvette Mimieux when she played Weena in the 1960 movie "The Time Machine". Blondie has that same "look", plus she's cool, so I always have liked her.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

went to the manchester gig

and as for " too many clothes "

ms harry is the only person who has made me have depraved dreams about a bin bag

that is some achievement

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Rapture
The first rapper was a white girl

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I went to see her in the early 90's and she came out on stage only to tell the crowd that the show was shut down by the Fire Marshall for overcrowding. She was genuinely bummed out but the crowd took the news like adults and dispersed without incident (much to the surprise of the riot police lining Sunset Boulevard when we came outside).

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thank you!

Btw, It took a while before I discovered that Robert Fripp played with Blondie occasionally, and I've always been a fan of Blondie AND Robert Fripp.

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Blondie were so good! Dreaming ... what a song! 😎

new topics

top topics

join