It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imposter. But i already knew that. will they now open there eyes.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I seem to recall a biblical account of God striking down a servant carrying his Ark of the Covenant because he accidentally touch it.

When they came to the threshing floor of Nachon, Uzzah reached out and took hold of the ark of God, because the oxen had stumbled. And the anger of the LORD burned against Uzzah, and God struck him down on the spot for his irreverence, and he died there beside the ark of God.

biblehub.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

ok - simple question - what should he have done ?

Stood patiently waiting for security to do their job.

Plain and simple.

She was a woman not a teenage punk with earings and facial tattoos that may suggest other motives.

Not that that would have made it ok either.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I seem to recall a biblical account of God striking down a servant carrying his Ark of the Covenant because he accidentally touch it.

When they came to the threshing floor of Nachon, Uzzah reached out and took hold of the ark of God, because the oxen had stumbled. And the anger of the LORD burned against Uzzah, and God struck him down on the spot for his irreverence, and he died there beside the ark of God.

biblehub.com...

No you don't recall that at all.

You recall some author telling you about that.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Yet you don't see the issue.

The very last thing the pope should be doing is showing and displaying aggression to anyone at all let alone women.

I'm not "overreacting" in the slightest and anyone with the stomach to be honest with themselves should be able to see this for what it is.

Others see the issue through different eyes, mate. If one had an upbringing filled with violence against their mother, for example, it would be viscerally upsetting and enraging to see any man at all hand-smacking a woman. But for others, to see this man in this particular situation (a rock star, to many) protecting himself from an over-excited fan is not at all unexpected.

Why are you not able to see that for what it is, I wonder?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I want to stay on topic but I have to ask, does the OP even believe in Christianity? From what I gather they don't. If they don't, then this is faux outrage. Let's label it as such and move on.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

biblehub.com...

No you don't recall that at all.

You recall some author telling you about that.

The author of the Bible. You know, the book in which the Pope is derived and placed on an earthly throne as Christ's, God's Son, representative. The same Christ who may say that he knows you not?
edit on 2-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

The very last thing the pope should be doing is showing and displaying aggression to anyone at all let alone women.

I'm not "overreacting" in the slightest and anyone with the stomach to be honest with themselves should be able to see this for what it is.

Others see the issue through different eyes, mate. If one had an upbringing filled with violence against their mother, for example, it would be viscerally upsetting and enraging to see any man at all hand-smacking a woman. But for others, to see this man in this particular situation (a rock star, to many) protecting himself from an over-excited fan is not at all unexpected.

Because M8, I'm a Christian not a plastic christian, i can't see how the so called number 1 Christians example to humanity thinks this type of behavior is acceptable especially in these times.

Maybe it was a secret nod to his islamic brothers of chrislam.

"Why are you not able to see it for what it is" - i do NOT wonder at all.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Not only do I think he was right but he should have applied a figure four leg lock and broken her tibia and fibula.

edit on 2-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros
I want to stay on topic but I have to ask, does the OP even believe in Christianity? From what I gather they don't. If they don't, then this is faux outrage. Let's label it as such and move on.

Why don't you just move on if you can't see past your nose.

And

This is the rage forum stupid.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Or maybe it was a respected and widely adored senior citizen appearing, unarmed, in public, reaching out to admirers, who was suddenly grabbed while he wasn't looking and felt threatened. Not like the world is a safe place to be out in public when you're a 'celebrity' of any kind.

What do you think the Dalai Lama would have done?

edit on 2-1-2020 by VeeTNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

can't see how the so called number 1 Christians example to humanity thinks this type of behavior is acceptable especially in these times.

He doesn’t think it was acceptable, and called his reaction a blasphemy.

You’re the one pretending that he thinks it was okay to do what he did so you can claim some sort of moral high ground. For somebody who claims to be a real Christian you sure do like to try and be the first to throw stones and judge the heart of others.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

What do you think the Dalai Lama would have done?

He would have given the bitch a two piece and a biscuit.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Reading your replies, don’t see the difference between your reactions rage and anger and the popes at this point

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Because M8, I'm a Christian not a plastic christian, i can't see how the so called number 1 Christians example to humanity thinks this type of behavior is acceptable especially in these times.

"Why are you not able to see it for what it is" - i do NOT wonder at all.

You called him the #1 Christian's example while claiming to be a Christian. That is beyond confusing to me. I'm a Baptist myself and don't see the Pope as a perceived example of what a real Christian should be. You claim that you're no "plastic" Christian so I must ask..Does your Bible says "Judge not, that ye be not judged" like mine?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

thanks for providing exactly the specious response i expected

but hey - its alarming that you with to deny personal autonomy to the pope

he [ according to you ] cannot do things for himself - but has to await others to inercede on his behalf

so - where do you draw the line ???

if i was grabbed by a deranged haridran - am i " allowed " to fend her off myself - or must i await " someone " to do it on my behalf ?

your outrage breaks down - now you accept that his swiss guard should have the power to remove her - and escalate till she is removed

but not the pope himself

like i ask - where do you draw the line

if he cannot defend himself from assault - and yes it was an assault - what can he be allowed to do

can he use his own knife and fork at meals - or would you have him spoon fed - like a baby ??

before replying - have the sense to understand that spoon feeding is my reduction to absurdity

not that this thread has not already plumbed absurdity

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: stosh64

He slapped and verbally had a go at a women who showed up to see his apparent holyness.

His holyness has more holes than swiss cheese.

I thought it would have been pritty much common knowledge by now.

Think you may be expecting and condemning this man a little harshly because of his office
He did something stupid, he is nobody special
If he apologised and means it, stops being a rude arrogant man then good.

He made a mistake, don’t we all.

Think you are over reacting, you need to calm down

I don’t like the Catholic Church much but I don’t see a big issue

You don't like it much so you have other issues no doubt like pedophilia hidden, rapist priests - need i go on.

God said I'd be unable to get through the red tape. As always - correct.

Fair enough.

I don’t like churches much, any denomination and don’t like christians much either, because of the way they act, like you are now

God said love, not spew hate and vitriol and moan about red tape what ever that means

The pope of the Catholics made a mistake, he apologised.
I watch evangelical tv preachers do even more disgusting things, oops let’s not go there

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

Why don't you just move on if you can't see past your nose.

And

This is the rage forum stupid.

It's the rant forum but what would a plastic Christian like myself know? By all means though, continue throwing stones from your glass house, smart guy.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wow, finally. I mean, this is so much worse than covering up for raping kids all over the world.
So much worse. Glad it took this real act of violence to get people to realize what the real enemy of the people is - organized religion.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
To be honest i think he should be more forgiving to the people who pay.
Pope should know the customer is always right!

He needs a refresher course.

Pay penance, you get slapping monkeys.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

One time God was mad at humans so he literally drowned 99.9% of them. 😂 How is the Pope slapping a lady who manhandled him not representative of what God might do?

The pope be all like "With women, I've got a long bamboo pole with a leather loop on the end. I slip the loop around their necks so they can't get away or come too close. Like catching snakes."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join