It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan military chief among eight killed in helicopter crash landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Taiwan’s top military official was among eight people killed when a helicopter crash-landed on Thursday in a mountainous area near the capital, Taipei, the defence ministry has said.
The chief of general staff, air force general Shen Yi-ming, died in the incident while five of the 13 people onboard survived, the military.
The defence ministry said aviation authorities lost contact with the Black Hawk helicopter at 8.22am local time a

Taiwan is due to hold presidential and parliamentary elections on 11 January.

Taiwan military chief among eight killed in helicopter crash landing

Not good. Interesting timing so close to the elections.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Certainly is interesting timing... Gotta wonder a LOT of things here. I'll keep my eyes on this one! Thanks for posting it!

TheBorg :-)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I read this last knight they said hes not dead?
bet CHINA is happy with this.
could they have......

edit on 2-1-2020 by buddha because: po

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I doubt the CHicoms would have the stones. This seems more like a rotary wing accident of which it happens more times that I want to admit.

Lets face it its a brick in terms of gliding ability and in our copter, the seats will absorb about 45G's in an impact which translates to we need to be 200 feet or less coupled with little or no foreword motion and if it burns all bets are off in a crash. Also note that its listed as "survivable" not you will walk away with no scratch.

As we put it to new recruits: Its going to be about 60 seconds of sheer terror then a pleasant fade to black
edit on 1/2/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

top topics

join