It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News front page January 1st 2020

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: missed_gear

Fox uses facts and minipulates them into influencing public opinion towards tgeir partisan agenda.

Just like cnn, msnbc, OAN, and others do.

This democrat vs republican feud serves no purpose but to divide the public. Threads like the OPs do nothing but divide.

And yours unite when you bash the right?

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

So when somebody is wrong about something, they are being fake?

But when somebody is faking something they’re wrong .

By the way I’m not bickering.

I’m just trying to add some humor to the word way .

Lighten up

BTW

The OP was tongue in cheek with some salty comments .

I’m kind of aghast at how seriously some people are taking it .
edit on 1-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Sure, they all do, and sometime, they are deceptive(all of them) The problem is the host are not journalists, they are just talk show hosts.

That doesn’t mean hosts can’t deliver accurate information . We do it on here all the time and news show hosts have more resources . The dividing line is some host choose not to deliver accurate information .

A few progressives I knew use to claim that on a very liberal forum to discredit Fox.

They claimed Fox had hosts and CNN was more reliable because they had anchors . After I pointed out the fact that CNN just named most of their hosts anchors .

I proceeded to post around one or two threads per week on articles from CNN , the three letter networks , MSNBC, Washington post , Vox or Salon .... etc

Titled FAKE NEWS !

There were a few spirited fights. ( discussions rarely happened there )

But the articles I picked were so easy to refute.

After a couple weeks they started ignoring my threads because they had to .

“ To anger a conservative, lie to him . To anger a liberal, tell him the truth “

Teddy Roosevelt

My bad for some reason i’ve always got a throw a personal story in somewhere . 🤔

I guess it’s payback because I had to listen to old men ramble on for over 50 years .

Now it’s my turn . Lol

It's a good way to be, I try to think/look at things the same..with scepticism. But of course when we hear what we want, we want to automatically believe it. We are all guilty of that..sometimes

Yeah everybody falls victim to believing what they want to hear including me .

But for the most part I’m wired a little differently .

If the article peaks my interest I don’t stop there .

I’ll be looking three steps down the road to see the possible repercussions the information is going to have . Then I can kill two birds with one stone. Verify the past by researching the future .

I do watch the odd story on Fox, same with CNN, or MSNBC, just the odd stuff that shows up via youtube..I do not watch any of them on the boobtube. To me, they are roughly the same..jm2c

I’ve got fox on all day but it’s like a waterfall .

I rarely watch the shows anymore but I do tape them in case I read something that I want to review .

No offense but my opinion is that YouTube is like a search engine for self gratification .

You don’t believe what you hear there.

Instead you search for exactly what you want to believe .

The written word is food for the brain.

Videos and TV rot your brain.

They don’t as much want to inform you.

Their purpose is to persuade you .

I think most of us like our opinions..we are the center of our universes.

If you don’t have your own opinion , you don’t have an opinion.

You have someone else’s opinion .

Cheers

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Since the dawn of the Age of Trump, demolibs have been in an infinite error loop.

edit on 1-1-2020 by 19Bones79 because: Yvid

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's all jokes until you realize Just 10 years ago the UK spent 200 million to force sterilize poor people in India which left many dead or in agony to combat "climate change"

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I hate to burst your bubble , but the reason disaster was avoided was because democrats got rid of plastic straws. duh.

edit on 23131America/ChicagoWed, 01 Jan 2020 23:23:04 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

But they switched to paper.

So now they’re depleting the rainforest !

The sierra club has all the bases covered.

You just can’t win .

( Flicks 🚬 out the car window )

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

That doesn’t mean hosts can’t deliver accurate information . We do it on here all the time and news show hosts have more resources . The dividing line is some host choose not to deliver accurate information

Yes, of course.

No offense but my opinion is that YouTube is like a search engine for self gratification .

None taken, it's a place full of all kinds of info, good, and bad,

I'm not on there for politics really, I'm there 80% for music related stuff, and a few other hobbies, the rest, history stuff.
I used to watch some of the political stuff, but now I'd rather watch people explore abandoned mines, and tunnels..etc..lol

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Seriously.. this is what watching fox or cnn does to you. You automatically assume im some right-hating liberal because i criticize Trump and fox news.

I criticized Obama and the left too.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: theatreboy

Seriously.. this is what watching fox or cnn does to you. You automatically assume im some right-hating liberal because i criticize Trump and fox news.

I criticized Obama and the left too.

Same here...I listen to it all, and since my real job is in radio, we have 2 newstalk stations, I see what comes through on the wire and is ignored. It is sad.

Did not mean to offend, but I am conservative and work in a liberal industry...I see it how it is. The belly of the beast and all.

edit on 2-1-2020 by theatreboy because: I am cool.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

So you are using bias MSM to make fun of their opposition? Wow.. so unique and clever.. And certainly not partisan at all!

Democrats are stoopid and silly! Go Republicans!! They never do anything wrong!

I feel the Democrats have lost their common sense.
Many of these issues are not Democrat or Republican, but common sense and people are going with the side that will implement that more.

The Democrats have radical ideas that are too much of a gamble.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Jedidiah Bila is an anti-Trumper?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You sound as grumpy as I do, I like the cut of your jib.

There are very few news programs that actually deliver as us writers like to call it "Foo news" (UFO researchers will get that)

And speaking of this global warming, yes it is real BUT the climate is changing, that's the real problem-ask any farmer, they have better knowledge than all these alarmists who from the left and the right using climate change as a political trump card (no that is not a pun) look at brazil, thousands of hectares of forest.

The so called "leftards" or the "right wing nutjobs" news reporters need to share their brain cells and realise opinion pieces aren't news, i'm hoping you are reading this Murdoch you traitor.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Really ?

That’s all you got out of the OP ?

To tell you the truth I was borderline with that statement until I looked into it a little more . And read some of her anti-trump statements .

She’s an independent libertarian describes herself as a moderate . She didn’t really support trump until she got to Fox.

Bila Is not very critical of him anymore but when she was it wasn’t very nice .

Here’s what led to my decision .

The Five decried Clinton’s comments as fueling acrimony and even violence against Republican lawmakers. Jedidiah Bila — who used to be critical of Trump but has favored Dem-bashing in her recent appearances guest-hosting The Five — really took things to 11 with a heated critique of the former secretary of state and failed presidential candidate.

Translation she wanted a job after being fired from the View . I believe she has no spine and the only person she’s concerned with is herself . She will embrace her original feelings on the View because that’s where I think her loyalties lie .

A gun for hire nothing else .

The only thing I like about her is that she loathes Hillary .

Cog In the machinery

Besides do you really think the fans and that hateful group of nasty old women want a arrent Trump supporter back ? Of course not they want someone that will be critical of him . They’re all just like any other Liberal.

They want to silence any voice they don’t agree with. That’s why Megan might be getting the boot . ( not completely over trump )

But my label was my opinion (which I value more than anything I can lol)

Yet with that said I can see your reasoning too.

edit on 2-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
It's all jokes until you realize Just 10 years ago the UK spent 200 million to force sterilize poor people in India which left many dead or in agony to combat "climate change"

www.theguardian.com...

From your source.

A number of pregnant women selected for sterilisation suffered miscarriages and lost their babies.

The only joke is that Biden thinks the people will fall for it again. He was Vice President of the U.S. then. I am sure he knew something of these things that I do not joke about. Then again who knows? Plants could very well be smarter than all of us, which also means that my purposed observation that 'Biden lacks that intellect' would still be true.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

If Joe got any dumber we’d have to water him.

I was thinking that if he got smarter, then we would have to water him. Dumber than a plant.

You mean this guy?

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

lol.

It's such a joke that it's almost as if it were preordained to be a joke.

Anarchist's should love Trump. He takes on Government quite often and beats them regularly.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I like the cut of your jib.

Back at ya .

Cynical is the new norm .

What I wouldn’t give to get news in a clinical fashion .

No bias or opinion embedded just the facts .

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I like the cut of your jib.

Back at ya .

Cynical is the new norm .

What I wouldn’t give to get news in a clinical fashion .

No bias or opinion embedded just the facts .

What would be the name of this show, so that I could also get it.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Everybody has an opinion but some less than others. I would most like to get my news from someone like Paul Harvey. slightly opinionated but lots of facts.

Then I guess Cronkite or Murrow .

When they gave their commentary it was after they gave you the information. Which made it easy to partition .

But too late.

But guys like them are all hanging out with Elvis .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join