It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious drone swarms over Colorado and Nebraska, something smells funny

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
some newspaper link

www.akronnewsreporter.com...

www.msn.com...

www.denverpost.com...

www.denverpost.com...

canadian french

www.lapresse.ca...

if I have some time I'll put cases on map later but the nighdrone dot net map is smart :-)

don't forget the denver international airport too mystery too

a link ??

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-1-2020 by anakinnEo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: anakinnEo

Thanks for the links to the videos. That third one is very interesting. The lights look like they're equidistant as if attached to one object.

Shame there's no point of reference to gauge the size.

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

One hour of #drones colorado activity in 20 seconds, from our Fry Hill camera looking North.

Twitter

Lot of lights in the sky. Not sure what they are though.

Too high to shoot, too low to cite: Colorado’s mystery drones are virtually untouchable, remain unclaimed despite global curiosity
If we don't get answers before they disappear, we may never know

Rooster
edit on 3-1-2020 by LookingAtMars because: add link

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have made some research in newspaper for 2018 to present to anomalies in the zone

when crossing with the faa data blackvault

what's very interesting is that there were no drones in that zone before

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: porschedrifter
www.youtube.com...

"The strange lights began appearing in the night sky a week before Christmas.

A formation of unidentified drones, some in groups of 30, have been reported flying high above a corner of rural northeastern Colorado and western Nebraska, usually from 7 to 10 p.m. By some accounts, the drones have wingspans of 6 feet or more.

"They can sit there and hover. They can descend very fast. They can take off very fast," Wyatt Harman, who chased the drones as they flew above his land in Washington County, Colorado, told the "TODAY" show.

He and his girlfriend, Chelsea Arnold, said they pursued the lights for about 15 miles, driving as fast as 70 mph.

"It's more unnerving than anything," Arnold said."

So being an avid drone flyer, seeing all these silly titled headlines about this recent story has me thinking.

Most drones today are pretty much limited to 50mph+- and flight times rarely exceed 30 minutes tops. And their range is good for say around 4.3 miles or so.

So some of the things I've been reading that stick out to me are this:

A couple chased them for 15 miles at 70mph: This is way over a drones range as well as speed.

Someone else said they were silent: Most drones are still audible at 300ft, let alone a swarm of them

Someone said they were flying for hours: Drones are limited to 30 minutes tops flight time this literally isn't possible

They may have gone 70mph to keep up with drones but the drones were not strictly following the road. They could travel much slower in a straight line while roads bend.
Too many other facts are "someone said". It adds up to exaggeration and actual pics and videos needed to make even a vague conclusion.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown
Reproduction of an "ufo-drone" observed above a nuclear power plant in France, maybe the same in colorado?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
current wave comparative with installations

ibb.co...

source newspaper, iaea and google earth

www.iaea.org...

cross with the 2015 nuforc tic tac like cases (in yellow)

ibb.co...

and finally with faa blackvault drone cases database

ibb.co...

it seems that there is no evident reason to fly drones in those particular rural counties

edit on 4-1-2020 by anakinnEo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The MSM is officially calling them drones but when you google UFO's or orbs in the same states there are lots of other sightings over recent years. I wonder if the orbs were near military bases or nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There's a big facebook group now about this all, this is likely what they are, according to what witnesses have described youtu.be...

The group has a lot of locals that are physically seeing them to ask questions to which is cool, the group: www.facebook.com...
edit on 5-1-2020 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Aliens probably shouldn’t be the first on the list of possible causes, right? a reply to: Traptomisprime

When should they ever?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Read through this topic, and unless I missed it, there was no observation of the fact that these objects are purposely running lights. Running lights means they want to be noticed. They could certainly run whatever missions they are involved with without lights and drastically reduce the chance of being noticed. Seems obvious that whoever is running them wants to be seen.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My first thought could they be cartels or drug business related? Obviously you would need some big money to run these things that is for sure one entity that could afford the funds needed for the drones. Just thinking out loud

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Charliebrowndog

But again, why would anyone involved with illegal activity run lights??

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Could be a way to communicate or scout trafficking lanes? Don’t know just throwing out some thoughts. For sure is an interesting topic

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: porschedrifter

I would bet it's Amazon.

Amazon has said it will use drones to deliver packages to customers “within months”. It unveiled its latest iteration at a conference in Las Vegas, touting the machine's ability to spot obstacles such as people, dogs, and clotheslines. Amazon executive Jeff Wilke said the drone would be able to travel 15 miles to carry packages weighing 5lbs (2.3kg) or less

www.bbc.com...

edit on 5-1-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
And there you have it...

Dro ne Mystery Solved?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The FAA controls all airspace.
Even the military cant fly things without FAA knowing about it.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JWA2222
And there you have it...

Dro ne Mystery Solved?

The headline says "could" not "is".
Interesting, though.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
if fact far larger in number of cases

another group

www.facebook.com...

few clear pictures too

one remember one of my personal drovni picture in belgium a few months ago, one strange drone fly at night around

not yet finished

ibb.co...

edit on 5-1-2020 by anakinnEo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JWA2222

While no one has taken responsibility, and even the Federal Aviation Administration has claimed ignorance, the answer could be a secretive Air Force program intended to keep prying eyes away from nuclear missile silos.

A secretive Air Force program that just spent the better part of two weeks on blast with wall to wall coverage and speculation as far afield as Sydney, Australia. That's top-notch. lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join