It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious drone swarms over Colorado and Nebraska, something smells funny

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

"The strange lights began appearing in the night sky a week before Christmas.

A formation of unidentified drones, some in groups of 30, have been reported flying high above a corner of rural northeastern Colorado and western Nebraska, usually from 7 to 10 p.m. By some accounts, the drones have wingspans of 6 feet or more.

"They can sit there and hover. They can descend very fast. They can take off very fast," Wyatt Harman, who chased the drones as they flew above his land in Washington County, Colorado, told the "TODAY" show.

He and his girlfriend, Chelsea Arnold, said they pursued the lights for about 15 miles, driving as fast as 70 mph.

"It's more unnerving than anything," Arnold said."

So being an avid drone flyer, seeing all these silly titled headlines about this recent story has me thinking.

Most drones today are pretty much limited to 50mph+- and flight times rarely exceed 30 minutes tops. And their range is good for say around 4.3 miles or so.

So some of the things I've been reading that stick out to me are this:

A couple chased them for 15 miles at 70mph: This is way over a drones range as well as speed.

Someone else said they were silent: Most drones are still audible at 300ft, let alone a swarm of them

Someone said they were flying for hours: Drones are limited to 30 minutes tops flight time this literally isn't possible

I'm having trouble finding drones of that size unless they are completely home grown. Possibly gas powered which would increase range but not by more than another 20 minutes.
But everything else doesn't add up. Gas powered would be even more loud than electric.

FAA have no record of these drones so they aren't registered and are illegally flying at night.
Now the FAA are moving to make every drone able to be tracked real time, which would be interesting if they were behind this to push this rule into existence.

But the whole thing is really odd, there's very little evidence and video footage of this swarm, none actually that I can find. Only video of one or two from what I've found.

Now are these really even drones? Or could these actually be UFOs being mistaken as drones? Very little in description from witnesses that I can find.

So in doing a little more investigating, this gas powered drone I've found has 90min flight time and can go 26.719 miles range, but its max speed is only 33mph. And is nowhere near 6ft across, so kinda rules these out too.
www.walkera.com...

It's entirely possible it's a bunch of these but the couple chasing them at 70mph is absolutely false, there's no way.

But still, all drones eventually have to land!
edit on 1-1-2020 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: porschedrifter

12 months ago ( December 2018 ) we had The Gatwick Airport Drone episode. It closed the airport down for 33 hours. Hundreds of flights had to be cancelled.

The following was reported:-

The " Drone " was stationary in the air for hours.

It was reported as being of a " large industrial type "

Not one single photo of the drone was taken

The Police and Military where bought in to try and find the drone operator.

Drone " Jamming " devices where deployed.

After months of investigation no one was ever found and charged with the offence.

www.bbc.com...

Drone my arse.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

When I try and play your linked video it just say "Error"

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Reported they would fly patterns as if mapping the areas

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Reported they would fly patterns as if mapping the areas

Right, which is what a lot of people do professionally with their drones, however flying unregistered drones at night is illegal, and very expensive if you aren't licensed through the FAA when they come after you. Also, literally no reason to be doing this at night, you need to be able to see the ground in order to map it anyway in daylight so that is kinda out as an explanation.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
yep, like your title puts it ...sumthings up.....

my thought as the orb king of Texas....is they're just those pesky orbs again, but not so....these are special

na reply to: porschedrifter

edit on 1-1-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Here's the video

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
At last someone made a thread about these things [I couldn't be bothered].
The thing that makes me the most suspicious is that it is apparently neither the military nor the FAA, nor the DEA, nor the CIA etc. Also those drones are not registered.
So why are the before mentioned agencies not bothered?
I mean they invade airspace, doing some sort of surveying or mapping, they don't belong to any of the above and they shrug their shoulders???
Either they don't give a damn about security any longer and it's free for all to spy on the USA [hello china, do you hear that?] or it is the above who are responsible for the drones but won't tell us [why not?].
Both not very good.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Bad journalism is bad.

It is illegal for any enthusiast to fly a drone above 400' or BYLOS (beyond line-of-sight). The only drones which may exceed these limits are commercial and *must* obtain permission from regulating bodies.

The "reporter" who turned in this story doesn't know what a drone is and didn't bother doing any research on them either. He simply repeated what his sources said when they called them "drones" except his source contradicts that label by talking about drone motherships, which don't exist outside of theoretical usage by Amazon.Com and the military.

Neither of these entities have stepped forward to claim these 25 km ranged "drones," or explain why they were flown BYLOS (by definition).

Not knocking the eyewitnesses. I don't expect them to do research before talking to a reporter, but the reporter and his station should be ashamed of itself for that godawful joke disguised as news coverage.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Yeah they are really hard to spot at 400', I don't think they were that high, they are saying that they were likely 200' ish.
But it's def illegal to be flying outside line of sight, at night and without a permit. If you search you'll see some other news agencies are covering the story, but everything they are doing was illegal, the FAA says they had no knowledge of flying, whoever gets caught for doing this is facing some hefty fines indeed.

They are going against the FAA for flying at night, line of sight, no permit or license and unregistered drones.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

For sure and that's serious trouble. What irked me was the reporter's insistence that whomever is doing this wasn't breaking any laws because they weren't peepin' in windows. Five minutes on Google would have fixed his wagon. He is an embarrassment to journalism.
edit on 1-1-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s
Absolutely! But even more so, what company would risk so much money just to do something like this. It just doesn't make any sense at all. I've still yet to see a picture depicting an obvious drone or read any witness testimony describing a traditional drone. It's just all so odd.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Actually the Chinese made a break through recently by filling some big and heavy drones with 15 litres of ethanol in a fuel cell and those drones could last for like 8 hours or so...

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

A quick Google search failed me, but I wonder what the consequence would be for shooting a few down?

If every agency denies that they're theirs, shoot a few and see who responds. It's obviously illegal for them to be doing what they're doing, so break out a few boomsticks and solve this mystery.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Fascinating! Thank you.

I don't know if that helps explain these ore not, TBH. It sure would be a strange world if we ever found out it did.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I've still yet to see a picture depicting an obvious drone or read any witness testimony describing a traditional drone. It's just all so odd.

That has me curious too. Everyone calling them drones is based on what? Who decided these were drones?

Maybe I missed something? I have not seen any proof these are drones.

edit on 1-1-2020 by LookingAtMars because: missed something

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Read some one on godlike said their probably looking for wep caches because they might be planning to take the guns away in those states. Im not saying its not Aliens i want it to be UFOs but you gotta run all possibilities right? If they are looking for guns they might be scared of a civil war around trump maybe the dems have somthing planned or the NWO i have no idea some times trying to wrap your head around whats going on with all the possibilities is a head ache but for sure something is up.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A local sheriff out of Yuma county Colorada says that the FAA considers them aircraft, so he advises against shooting at them.
Here's a link to his statement on the matter.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I honestly think the FAA might be behind this, trying to drum up support for their new regulations.
But I still don't know for sure that they're drones.

I know one guy in western neb was watching a couple of them and had a flight radar pulled up and the objects he was watching were not planes.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Just because they don't show up on "a flight radar" doesn't mean they aren't planes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join