It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Suns Binary and Spiritual Second Sun (Coverup)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

We understand enough about astrophysics to send spacecraft orbiting other planets.
All of that knowledge is a scientific gauntlet in which theories such as this have to pass through the mathematics unscathed. Currently not the case, as of yet.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I do think Sirius has importance and I don't think it was studied and highlighted through the ages for no reason.

Yup. It is very bright and sparkly. Can't help but catch the eye.

Similarly, things like Orion's belt and the Pleiades often are the subject of myth. Real eye catchers for those who had very dark skies and not much in the way of artificial lighting. Not surprising that great significance was placed on various "billboards" in the sky. Especially when agrarian societies figured out they could use them to identify the proper time to start planting.

edit on 1/1/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Occultist that have expanded their consciousness have visited Sirius by astral projection, romote viewing etc. CIAs gateway project studied these things, Shamans, Dogon people, ancient Egyptians etc etc have documented and told of the characteristics of Sirius before telescopes could. Jung when having his NDE described how the earth looked from outer space before we had this knowledge through Technology.

edit on 1-1-2020 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Yes that's great and 200 years ago the bicycle was invented so imagine where we will be in 200 years time.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Woah

This blew me away

This is the ATS I once knew fantastic still digesting

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Occultist that have expanded there consciousness have visited Sirius by astral projection, romote viewing etc.
No evidence. Sorry.

Dogon people ancient Egyptians etc etc have documented and told of the characteristics of Sirius before telescopes could.
Are you referring to the story about Siris B and the Dogon? Not a lot to back that up, I'm afraid, just a lot of imagination concerning the actual legend, a lot like that hair guy on Ancient Aliens. Here is an enumeration of the facts, and claims.

Perhaps one would forgive Robert Temple for believing that the Dogon had been visited by men from Sirius if their legend specifically stated so. But it does not! Nowhere in his 290-page book does Temple offer one specific statement from the Dogon to substantiate his ancient astronauts claim. The best he does is on page 217, where he reports that the Dogon say: "Po tolo [Sirius B] and Sirius were once where the Sun now is." Of this ambiguous statement, Temple comments: "That seems as good a way as any to describe coming to our solar system from the Sirius system, and leaving those stars for our star, the Sun." But this cannot conceal the fact that the whole Sirius "mystery" is based on Temple's own unwarranted assumption.
shorturl.at/ikzHO
What did the AE say about it?

Jung when having his NDE described how the earth looked from outer space before we had this knowledge through Technology.
Not hard to imagine. There were globes long before there was Jung.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yeah there's evidence of astral projection the experiments are hard to replicate because of the state of awareness required for it to be successful but its not to much of a stretch to say ancient cultures did have these abilities, especially when you think of the distractions of this this new world. www.iacworld.org...

I get your boxed thinking though and the reason you vehemently disagree with anything outwith the realms of hard science, but I don't think you have it sussed and I certainly know I have not. But I do know the world is mysterious and we know very little in grand scale, I believe in evolution and I don't think we are near our pinnacle, you think you are, you're wrong.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Yeah there's evidence of astral projection the experiments are hard to replicate because of the state of awareness required for it to be successful
Thus, more fitting of religion than science. Visions and stuff. Faith, not evidence.

I believe in evolution and I don't think we are near our pinnacle, you think you are, you're wrong.
Some try to argue that the evolution of intelligence puts an end to evolution. I'm not one of those. If our environment changes enough, so will we. Or die.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I want to grow gills and walk backwards slowly into the sea.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

So did Jimi.

well its too bad
that our friends
cant be with us today
well thats too bad
"the machine
that we built
would never save us"
thats what they say
(thats why they aint coming with us today)
and they also said
"its impossible for man
to live and breath underwater..
forever" was their main complaint
(yeah)
and they also threw this in my face:
they said
anyway
you know good well
it would be beyond the will of God
and the grace of the King
(grace of the King yeah yeah)

(1983 A Merman I Should Turn to Be)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I do think Sirius has importance and I don't think it was studied and highlighted through the ages for no reason.

Yup. It is very bright and sparkly. Can't help but catch the eye.

Similarly, things like Orion's belt and the Pleiades often are the subject of myth. Real eye catchers for those who had very dark skies and not much in the way of artificial lighting. Not surprising that great significance was placed on various "billboards" in the sky. Especially when agrarian societies figured out they could use them to identify the proper time to start planting.

You’re right, Phage. Everything has a mundane explanation!

Bright twinkly stars, in the night sky.... is the WHOLE reason the ancients, all over the separated planet — venerated the cosmos.

Ummm okay.

Do you ever get tired of being the eternally biased debunker?
edit on 1-1-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I want to grow gills and walk backwards slowly into the sea.

Oh no you don't...

If you have time, watch this old episode of The Outer Limits to know why !!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Mundane? Hardly. I find the night sky highly fascinating. Especially someplace dark enough for the Milky Way to appear. I never tire of it. I also find it gratifying to have some understanding of the movements it makes. It enhances my enjoyment.

Nice ad hominem, btw.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

So did Jimi.

Yeah, and we all know what happened to him.
edit on 1/1/20 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

When you have actual physical evidence, or a solid theory that can be tested and consistently reproduced and recorded I'm sure Phage will adjust his perspective, just like any other rational human being.

Until then, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which this thread and many like it fail to produce.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

When you have actual physical evidence, or a solid theory that can be tested and consistently reproduced and recorded I'm sure Phage will adjust his perspective, just like any other rational human being.

Until then, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which this thread and many like it fail to produce.

I’m going to reiterate what’s already been spoken (which you didn’t address).

Do you even know what your avatar means?

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What is the actual POINT of this thread? Is it that the Sun has a binary twin? - Okay, so what?

Who gets superpowers if you are right; who gets to rejoin the Supreme Lord? What do these loosely drawn ideas mean in the first place?

The OP keeps mixing material observations and inserting “spiritual” details. The spiritual cannot be observed in the material, otherwise it would be material. I wanted to give this whole binary star idea a go, but it fell flat on it’s face from lack of evidence and convincing explanation regarding what we’re supposed to understand after reading all this.

Blaming the reader for lack of open mind is terribly insulting. Must say this is the first thread EVER, that I’m enjoying seeing Phage dominate. The ad hominem attacks on the folks asking sincere questions is unwarranted. Regroup the idea and come back for a better second half and I’ll cheer for your victory against Phage. (No offense Phage - all in the name of good debate).

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Bingo!

Much as it pains many people, our remotest ancestors weren't dummies, you couldn't be and survive in that world.

They noticed things like that, and left markers so that people coming after would know these things as well.

Sirius is one of the brightest objects in the night sky, and was noticed by everyone with eyes to see with. Along with Orion, the Great Bear, etc...

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Because when all else fails, the mundane ain't so mundane after all.

Does "mundane" make the universe any less wondrous to the eye? No need for fantastic explanations that are already, though "mundane", fantastic.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Asking somewhat enviously, does the light of the volcanoes near you dim enough to let the universe become visible? I live in Europe, can't see anything but the moon here (and even that doesn't align directly with the horizon, I can still see it though!) but I once was in Africa for 3 weeks (long story, camping of all things) and kept tripping over stuff when it was dark. The stars are a sight that many miss due to modern society/geographical location and I just couldn't stop staring. Or tripping over stars. Darkest Africa.

TL;DR I kept looking at the stars and saying the word "Ouch!" a lot while walking at night on a 3 week camping safari in Zimbabwe.

Electric Ladyland is a master piece of vinyl.
Jimi knew how. 6's and 9's all the way down.

ETA Rotterdam, large international shipping port, 800,000 people and lotsa lights.
edit on 1/1/20 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join