It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Suns Binary and Spiritual Second Sun (Coverup)

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

www.youtube.com...

Chichen Itza was built between 9th and 12th Century, they left us with the shadow of the plumed serpent running down the Northern Balustrade of steps on the Pyramid during the Spring Vernal Equinox and the Autumn Equinox, we must investigate what else happened on these days at approx. time of building.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
The First Council of Nicaea was important regarding Julian Calendar, it gave Christians ability to calcalate Easter, BUT the Spring Equinox was needed to do this regarding a full moon, but even then they knew that the calendar was too long, thus the real Equinox was moving backwards in the Julian Calendar, by 1582, this was happening on 11th March.
en.wikipedia.org...
All my astronomy programmes show Gregorian Calendar back to 1582, before then it uses Julian Calendar, to get back to around 0950 with Chichen Itza, i have to take off 5 days regarding Julian calendar regarding Autumn Equinox, so i'm showing 17th September 0950, being accurate, strangely with both Equinox's it seems aligned to Sirius and the Sun although, i'm only showing Autumn Equinox below:-
As Sun rose at location, Sirius was culminating....

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Hi Purplemer,
I leave a link regarding my thoughts on the Mayan Calendar, i found your video about Malta fascinating!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some think, including myself, that the Mayan Calendar started in Izapa, Mexico:-

www.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 7-9-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Adding link

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hi Phage,
Another way to check that Stellarium is true is ancient eclipse paths, although you have to be careful regarding ancient accounts, the earliest recorded was the Battle of the Eclipse on 28th May 0585 BC, i have tried very hard to find location, it wasn't a full eclipse but we have no weather reports for the day and may have been behind a dark cloud, which would have made the eclipse darker.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-9-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Adding link

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hi Purplemer,
There is an interesting link to Gebekli Tepe below:-
arxiv.org...

More on the Cuban Pyramids under approx. 2000 feet of water off Cuba
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-9-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Adding Link

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hi Purplemer,
I thought i would highlight your interesting link about Malta's Temples again:-
www.youtube.com...

I have a fix for two temples, one in Hal Saflieni, the other in Tarxien, they are about a degree down from Gobekli Tepe, on the same degree as the Pillars of Hercules:-
en.wikipedia.org...

Therefore the alignment with Sirius approx. two degree's above horizon and the Sun below horizon happens on 18th July 5399 BC, sorry that is as far as Starlight goes back into time.

I wonder what the symbolism is about with the fat lady statues found in Tarxien on video???
Some of these statues have been found to be up to 30,000 years old:-
en.wikipedia.org...
It's not over till the fat lady sings:-
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

I wonder what the symbolism is about with the fat lady statues found in Tarxien on video??? Some of these statues have been found to be up to 30,000 years old:- en.wikipedia.org...

The fat lady is very beautiful. I clicked on link why was called it called the Venus of Willendorf. It is note worthy that Venus is often used as a symbol to overlay the identity of our second sun. A good example of this is the depictions of the blazing star of freemasonry overlayed with Venus symbology.

Glad you liked the link have you ever had time to look Nabta Playa. Some of the peeps that orignally worked with it lined it up with Sirius. There work was later retracted. Exactly the same narrative that played out at Gobleki Tepi. Its as if the is a decisive movement to keep this stuff from the official narrative. (note the three stone alingment in the middle and the similarity to orions belt.

A 2007 article by a team of University of Colorado archaeoastronomers and archaeologists (three members had been involved in the original discovery of the site and its astronomical alignment)[14] has responded to the work of Brophy and Rosen, in particular their claims for an alignment with Sirius in 6088 and other alignments which they dated to 6270, saying that these dates were about 1,500 years earlier than the estimated dates.

The Sirius alignment in question was originally proposed by Wendorf and Malville,[7] for one of the most prominent alignments of megaliths labelled the "C-line", which they said aligned to the rising of Sirius circa 4820 BCE. Brophy and Rosen showed in 2005 that megalith orientations and star positions reported by Wendorf and Malville were in error, noting that "Given these corrected data, we see that Sirius actually aligned with the C-line circa 6000 BCE. We estimate that 6088 BCE Sirius had a declination of -36.51 degrees, for a rising azimuth exactly on the C-line average".[3] Malville acknowledged the corrections made by Brophy and Rosen, but concluded the C-line of megaliths "may not represent an original set of aligned stele; we refrain from interpreting that alignment."[15]

en.wikipedia.org...

Nabta Playa is a remarkable site composed of hundreds of prehistoric tumuli, stelae, and megalithic structures located in the Nubian Desert, approximately 100 kilometers west of Abu Simbel in southern Egypt. One of the most significant structures at Nabta Playa is a stone circle. Dating back at least 7,000 years, the stone circle is among the oldest of archeoastronomical devices.

medium.com...@Orestes_3113/nabta-playa-circle-tracks-the-meridian-star-cc84f1ed3f51

Wort the five minute watch

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I leave a link regarding my thoughts on the Mayan Calendar, i found your video about Malta fascinating! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some think, including myself, that the Mayan Calendar started in Izapa, Mexico:- www.nationalgeographic.com...

Thank you for that. Thats magic stuff.

I have added your two posts below. It links up

originally posted by: Astronomer62
a reply to: one4all
Some think the Mayan Calendar is aligned to the Galactic Center, however on the Winter Solstice 21st December 2012, i have found the Calendar aligned to Egyptian Stars being Isis/Sirius and Alnilam/Osiris at the Location of Izapa, Mexico, i hope this may help in your studies one4all.
Ancient Greek day marker is sunset , but as the Sun set at location, Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star was rising:-

What is interesting is the Calendar was aligned twice for at sunrise at location, Sirius/Isis star was setting, i wonder about the connection to Egypt, graph below, i must get back to the North East coast of America.

I am convinced there is a strong link here between the Mayan culture and the Kemets. The story of Anubis and Xcholo are fair too similar in many ways to be a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 7 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Another way to check that Stellarium is true is ancient eclipse paths,

Stellarium uses the same Julian/Gregorian calendar dates as your program. I have little reason to doubt the accuracy of Stellarium in regard to planetary motion in historical times. The problem here is that we are looking far beyond historical times. That, and precession doesn't have much to do with eclipses.

Can you agree that the motion of Sirius is indeed affected by precession? At the time frame of interest, Sirius did not change its elevation much in Egypt because the curve of its precessional path was on a tangent with the latitude of Egypt. While, at the same time, it did change its elongation from the ecliptic. It rose with the Sun, but it also got nearer to the Sun.

Also of note is the fact that if Sirius rose after, or too soon before the rising of the Sun, it would not be visible.

edit on 9/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hi Phage,
Even my cycles being with the Sun half way on horizon and Sirius being 1 degree above or below horizon being 4 minutes of time show Precession does effect Sirius using the Julian Calendar, i use this method as i can race through thousands of years and can see an icon on my astronomy program when it gets to one degree above or below, which i can measure against other cycles from other latitudes.

I wouldn't use this method called a cosmic alignment for showing people adjusting calendars before 1st January 0045 BC, when the Julian Calendar started, as the Sun needed to be below horizon and Sirius approx. two degrees above horizon to see it.

I do show a probable intentional Sirius Alignment for the beginning of the Julian Calendar, for the Greeks were in Egypt at the time and were very clever, my hero was Eratosthenes, you can read about him below:-
en.wikipedia.org...

But whatever you say, Sirius did behave in a irrational manner during using the Julian Calendar, and makes me think that leap days were invented long before the Juliun Calendar, by the way ancient temples were oriented, for Regulus shows classic signs of precession, but strangely Sirius doesn't during the periods that we debate.

We can imagine how much information has been lost with cycles of lost civilizations, even by Eratosthenes showing the Circumference of the Earth to when scholars thought the Earth was flat in the 15 Century AD.

There are many myths and legends about Sirius, but this one is a puzzle, these myths are still in our democracies usually used by secret societies.

edit on 8-9-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Spelling.

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Quote from Purplemer,

"I am convinced there is a strong link here between the Mayan culture and the Kemets. The story of Anubis and Xcholo are fair too similar in many ways to be a coincidence."

I would agree, probably before the Mayans, back to the Olmecs:-
en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you for all your posts and links, i'll be back here when needed, but i have other research and will be starting a thread on a secret society soon called The Mistick Krewe of Comus, in the Secret Society Forum in approx. 2 weeks when i finish researching.

For the moment i leave you with Video below......enjoy:-
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

for Regulus shows classic signs of precession, but strangely Sirius doesn't during the periods that we debate.

I disagree that Sirius does not show "signs" of precession. It demonstrates essentially the same path as other stars. Because the tangent of its arc is tangent to the latitude of Cairo, its elevation shows little change during that time frame, however it does move toward the ecliptic.

Again, from 8,800 BC through 1,500 CE. That is Mirzam, quite near the same RA as Sirius. Try charting its heliacal risings.

While Sirius may show a slightly more "flattened" arc than other stars, this can be accounted for by it's proper motion toward the southwest.
edit on 9/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hi Phage,
I didn't say that Sirius didn't show precession, i said it didn't show classic signs of precession, the levelling out along horizon shows this, but this has been documented by quote below:-
"It has been noticed, and the Sothic cycle confirms, that Sirius does not move retrograde across the sky like other stars, a phenomenon widely known as the precession of the equinox. Professor Jed Buchwald wrote "Sirius remains about the same distance from the equinoxes—and so from the solstices—throughout these many centuries, despite precession." [11] For the same reason, the heliacal rising or zenith of Sirius does not slip through the calendar at the precession rate of about one day per 71.6 years as other stars do but much slower.[12] This remarkable stability within the solar year may be one reason that the Egyptians used it as a basis for their calendar. The coincidence of a heliacal rising of Sirius and the New Year reported by Censorinus occurred about the 20th of July, that is a month later after the summer solstice."
And Below:-

The ancient Egyptian civil year, its holidays, and religious records reflect its apparent establishment at a point when the return of the bright star Sirius to the night sky was considered to herald the annual flooding of the Nile.[2] However, because the civil calendar was exactly 365 days long and did not incorporate leap years until 22 BC, its months "wandered" backwards through the solar year at the rate of about one day in every four years. This almost exactly corresponded to its displacement against the Sothic year as well. (The Sothic year is about a minute longer than a Julian year.)[2] The sidereal year of 365.25636 days is only valid for stars on the ecliptic (the apparent path of the Sun across the sky), whereas Sirius's displacement ~40° below the ecliptic, its proper motion, and the wobbling of the celestial equator cause the period between its heliacal risings to be almost exactly 365.25 days long instead. This steady loss of one relative day every four years over the course of the 365-day calendar meant that the "wandering" day would return to its original place relative to the solar and Sothic year after precisely 1461 civil or 1460 Julian years.
en.wikipedia.org...
It's a shame that the Sothic Cycle wasn't discovered in Egypt and was only a symbolic date that probably applies to Gebekli Tepi several degrees down from Egypt, where it appeared above the horizon as the Sun was below around the time the temple was built.
Being an archaeoastronomer, i look to where the birth was of civilizations and calendars goes back to, so i agree that Sirius does show signs of precession but in a flattened out way, and shows why ancient calendar builders used it for calendars, but i'm beginning to wonder how far back this goes?

posted on Sep, 9 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Obviously the Sothic Cycle doesn't apply to Egypt being only a symbolic date applying to an earlier culture in region but on approx. 37* N latitude being where this happens, so the Egyptians didn't invent the Sothic Cycle or perhaps leap days, the dates on 19th to 20th July in Egypt are absurd, as shown on link:-
It is highly likely that Sun just below horizon with Sirius two degrees above, was viewed on 8th July 2781 BC, 11 days before Sothic Cycle date.

The Cuban Pyramids are on the 21* degree line, a long way down from 37 degree's North latitude , It looks like a major civilization, hunter gatherers are thought to have not built temples and cities as they wander looking for food.
Please note some of these structures are nearly half a mile below sea level?????
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Another way to check that Stellarium is true is ancient eclipse paths,

Stellarium uses the same Julian/Gregorian calendar dates as your program. I have little reason to doubt the accuracy of Stellarium in regard to planetary motion in historical times. The problem here is that we are looking far beyond historical times. That, and precession doesn't have much to do with eclipses.

Can you agree that the motion of Sirius is indeed affected by precession? At the time frame of interest, Sirius did not change its elevation much in Egypt because the curve of its precessional path was on a tangent with the latitude of Egypt. While, at the same time, it did change its elongation from the ecliptic. It rose with the Sun, but it also got nearer to the Sun.

Also of note is the fact that if Sirius rose after, or too soon before the rising of the Sun, it would not be visible.

Hi Phage,

There might be a problem with going too far back in time which might have changed the horizon, although picking out dubious accounts from ancient history, i do have a problem with regarding eclipses, but i do respect Fred Espanak's work and Delta T.
I have already shown the very early Battle of the Eclipse further up the page on 28th May 0585 BC, i don't fully agree with Fred Espanak in putting too much store in ancient accounts, but it is something to think about:-
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...
A scene from the bloodthirsty film Apocalypto below, not for people of the sensitive kind:-
www.youtube.com...
Phage, i would like to hear your thoughts on Delta T.
edit on 10-9-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
from post on page one:

Here is Mithras cutting through the bull

What's that thing dangling from the dark area under the knife weilder's tunic ?

it don't look like No big-toe to me

edit on th30159974266010572020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
from post on page one:

Here is Mithras cutting through the bull

What's that thing dangling from the dark area under the knife weilder's tunic ?

it don't look like No big-toe to me

The foot not the toe. Or whatever you were implying...

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I didn't say that Sirius didn't show precession, i said it didn't show classic signs of precession, the levelling out along horizon shows this, but this has been documented by quote below:-
The "leveling" seems to have occurred during one particular period of time and the other stars demonstrated similar movement. Mirzam is very similar but a day earlier, I suggest you plot its heliacle risings. You'll find them very nearly as consistent as Sirius during that time frame. Or try Arneb (around June 24). Of course, neither of those stars are as bright as Sirius so their heliacal risings are not very observable.

"Sirius remains about the same distance from the equinoxes—and so from the solstices—throughout these many centuries, despite precession."
What does "distance from the equinoxes" mean, exactly?

For the same reason, the heliacal rising or zenith of Sirius does not slip through the calendar at the precession rate of about one day per 71.6 years as other stars do but much slower.
This is nonsense. No stars "slip through the calendar" about one day per 71.6 years. Precession causes all stars their position to change their apparent position by about 1º per 71.6 years.

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

A scene from the bloodthirsty film Apocalypto below, not for people of the sensitive kind:-

That night the protagonist makes his escape under a full Moon. Which, of course, is impossible on the day of a total solar eclipse.

edit on 9/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The "leveling" seems to have occurred during one particular period of time and the other stars demonstrated similar movement. Mirzam is very similar but a day earlier, I suggest you plot its heliacle risings. You'll find them very nearly as consistent as Sirius during that time frame. Or try Arneb (around June 24). Of course, neither of those stars are as bright as Sirius so their heliacal risings are not very observable.

"Sirius remains about the same distance from the equinoxes—and so from the solstices—throughout these many centuries, despite precession."
What does "distance from the equinoxes" mean, exactly?

For the same reason, the heliacal rising or zenith of Sirius does not slip through the calendar at the precession rate of about one day per 71.6 years as other stars do but much slower.
This is nonsense. No stars "slip through the calendar" about one day per 71.6 years. Precession causes all stars their position to change their apparent position by about 1º per 71.6 years.

Why don't you ask Professor Jed Z. Buchwalt yourself what he means?
As i am not a fan of the Sothic Cycle being invented or discovered in Egypt, perhaps he can tell you?
www.hss.caltech.edu...
edit on 11-9-2020 by Astronomer62 because: Edit.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

I leave a link regarding my thoughts on the Mayan Calendar, i found your video about Malta fascinating! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some think, including myself, that the Mayan Calendar started in Izapa, Mexico:- www.nationalgeographic.com...

Thank you for that. Thats magic stuff.

I have added your two posts below. It links up

Some think the Mayan Calendar is aligned to the Galactic Center, however on the Winter Solstice 21st December 2012, i have found the Calendar aligned to Egyptian Stars being Isis/Sirius and Alnilam/Osiris at the Location of Izapa, Mexico, i hope this may help in your studies one4all.
Ancient Greek day marker is sunset , but as the Sun set at location, Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star was rising:-

What is interesting is the Calendar was aligned twice for at sunrise at location, Sirius/Isis star was setting, i wonder about the connection to Egypt, graph below, i must get back to the North East coast of America.

I am convinced there is a strong link here between the Mayan culture and the Kemets. The story of Anubis and Xcholo are fair too similar in many ways to be a coincidence.

Hi Phage,
In Gregorian Calendar there is an alignment on 15 degrees North at Izapa, Mexico to Winter Solstice with Sirius, as shown above, and one in Cairo, Egypt near Vernal Equinox, but i'm not sure that this will help, below:-

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join