It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a new car

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yeah, I get it...I'm the clown!

No big wonder there! BUT...this clown can blow up Steel Magnolias with AC/DC from the driveway, so how's THEM apples! LOL!

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Well, I call it stalling, but according to the manual it's supposed to do that, so it's the start/stop technology I guess. So maybe I'll say it's a stop-stall, start-start, scooter.

So here I was sorta excited to get a new vehicle, and what I got was a plastic vehicle the size of a beer can loaded with a bunch of stuff I don't know what it does, and I'm giving my my big ugly steel, gas guzzling, truck, with true "four wheel drive" and a manual 5 speed transmission. My truck really was a beater though because the Survey department guys had 4 years to beat the snot out of it before I inherited it

I guess I should consider myself lucky, at least the new ride doesn't have a kickstand...(that I've found anyway).

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
My wife rented an Escape last week, her Four-runner was in the shop for body repairs, she backed through the garage door again. 3rd time. The Escape really bugged me. It shut off at traffic lights. I’m usually driving my F-250 diesel, so it was quite a downgrade.
All in all I was unimpressed by the Escape.[/quote

The escape is the small SUV in fords lineup.
The explorer is more in line with the fore runner although I have heard they had some issues with the explorer recently.

Last year I test drove the big three’s full size trucks.
Ford was the best in my mind with Chevy a distant third.
I was really hoping better from the silverado since they are built just twenty miles from my house but it was very disappointing.

I love my f150.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Are you sure you can handle driving?

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
WTH kind of car is that

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: schuyler

No, you won't. You won't have a choice. In a few years all cars sold will have federally mandated gizmos to save you from yourself, including auto-driving. And most likely it will be electric. Ever tried to buy a car with a manual transmission. Less than 2% of the market. They are basically no longer available.

Toyota and GM still offer cars with cranks windows, my current car had manual option available, they actually advertised it with a manual transmission. The mid sized pickups also have a barebone package. They just don't advertise them to the consumer because it doesn't bring in money.

So try finding one on a lot.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well, I hear you about the small car thing.

We'd like to get a new actual car this year. Not a truck. Not a SUV. Not a crossover.
And the pickings are slim.

We currently have an older Malibu....had that start/stop tech for several years.
You probably have another battery in the back of the car, as well.

I think they added that technology to bump the fleet CAFE standards in the US.
But I could be wrong.

edit on Wed Jan 1 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The first time I got in it I drove up to a gate I had to badge through to gain access. When I stopped the car stalled. WTH?? So I restarted it. Pulled up to another gate, and the dang thing stalled again! WTH??? So I restarted it again. Pulled up to where I was going to park and the damn thing stalled a third time!! This time I pushed on the gas to get some gas in the injectors and the car magically starts again, on its own, and lurches forward. WTH???

If you take your foot off the brake it restarts itself, btw.

You now also have a phone app available to you.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm selling an 05 Mazda RX8 for these reasons. It has no tech other than Sirius radio. Granted, it's a beater car and I seldom drive it working from home but it's time to dump it. I'm spoiled rotten by my 2017 Caddy. It does everything but drive itself.

The Mazda use to be a blast to drive but compared to cars today, it's so slow. It's suppose to be a sports cars but even Camry's today can out run it.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Man, my friend had a Mazda RX-7 and that thing was a rocket! I loved that car!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join