It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden to Miners: Learn to Code

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Missed this when I was doing my Fox thread.

My bad

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: markovian

Ha ha. Funny how he didn't mention key punch but you did. He said learn to code. That is pretty current since they teach kids in school how to code now.

Who is stuck in the computer past again?

You must be a riot yourself

Cant wait to see your jokes

I bet there dryer than champagne left to ferment for a year

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Joe Biden is an idiot. His liberal elite egalitarianism is face-whoring his dumb mouth, yet again. Like it always does. Because he is a moron.

I have yet to meet a programmer who isn't at least of average IQ. People of less than average IQ do not program. It's sucks but it's true. There really are limits to learning and achievement based on intelligence.

Now, that's not to say there aren't tons of coal miners who might easily learn to program computers (and probably a lot easier than Joe, who, as we have already established -- is a moron). But I doubt the majority of coal miners can or will learn to code. To argue that anyone can do it is to argue that anyone can be anything at any time with no external limits based on education, age or native ability. It is folly.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: watchandwait410

They literally teach kids in elementary school to code.

So close down the coal mines in America!

Hey everyone! They teach kids art now so we can all rest assured that our kids can be employed as sculptors!

This is the kind of logic that will make sure Biden will get the dems nomination and will be smoked by Trump in 2020.

"Hillary will beat Trump in 2016 and EVERYONE know it!"

-sillyolme Oct 2016

Lolz🤪

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hey Silly I bet you can make a Hello World! no problem.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
now extrapolate that to the majority of humans in general.

most of you are kinda #ing retarded, just sayin'

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

And the increasing list of massive data breaches we are seeing is a direct result of that! They teach coding, and NOT Software Engineering. That is a huge difference. Who is misinformed now?

If he was a smart man, he would recommend they get into secure software engineering. Big upside, wide open field, and massive demand that looks to not be slowing in the next 10 years.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Coal WAS a dying industry, because the federal government was trying to kill it.

A huge new, state of the art coal plant was built in Corpus Christi, Texas. The consortium that built it talked with the EPA every step of the way. It was going to be 12,000 jobs, mostly hispanic workers. Once the plant was finished, the EPA yanked all it's permits, and refused to hear appeals.

The owners had built a pre-processing facility, to remove a lot of the bad chemicals from the coal before burning it. They developed a plan to use the facility, pre-process coal, and freight it to China. The EPA nixed that too.

That was what grew the story of Obama's "War on Texas." And it's why Trump got the largest share of the hispanic vote of any Republican presidential candidate in history.

A similar story went on with a coal-fired plant on the border with Mexico, with Mexico paying for most of the plant, in exchange for the right to buy the electricity. The coal would have come from the Navajo nation's reservation in Arizona, which produces top-quality anthracite. The sulfur emitted would actually be a soil amendment, in the huge alkali flats of the Sonoran desert. (More coal to fertilizer, again). But the EPA was nice to their pet Indians, and told them at the outset that it would never happen, and saved the Mexican gas cartel about 13 billion, in not even bothering...

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: ManFromEurope

You realize, everything you used, including more than likely what you are sitting on...is mined, in some manner of speaking?

Your home, your bathtub, your train...heck ya probably used induced labor to lay your railways.

Apparently, the "meaning" behind my statement is lost on you.

Let me know when you figure out a way to power the whole world almost 8 billion peoples lives without coal, oil etc...

I always wanted to know the richest person in the world.

He's happy to use his solar powered heater, fridge, aircon, lights and everything during the day...

and his solar powered torch, at night.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

You realize, everything you used, including more than likely what you are sitting on...is mined, in some manner of speaking?

Your home, your bathtub, your train...heck ya probably used induced labor to lay your railways.

Let me know when you figure out a way to power the whole world almost 8 billion peoples lives without coal, oil etc...

He's happy to use his solar powered heater, fridge, aircon, lights and everything during the day...

All made from renewable hemp product too?

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm pretty sure it was Abraham Washington who said that in your quote.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

All made from renewable hemp product too?

*cough* Dave's not here, man...

lol

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It blows my mind that a former VP doesn't have the sense to surround himself with smart people hired to double check his stupid ideas before he shares them. It's like the DNC *wants* to scare away competent voters.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

You can say Biden is on the Titanic if you compare the
demonrat party with the ship and Trump as the iceberg.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Ok ok I know what happen hear

He ment to say they should go mine bitcoin instead

He just got a little confused

U know it's hard for him with computers ever since the punch card went obsolete he still thinks programming is just punching holes on cards

Can't learn about that on Youtube any more, they banned hundreds of videos relating to cryptocurrency over christmas. With reasons such as inciting illegal activity and such poppycock. Some people had over 10 years worth insta-deleted.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yay flappy birds...

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Hey Silly I bet you can make a Hello World! no problem.

Nah, too much int main (void)...

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I would prefer to rely on our own natural resources and
maybe find ways to clean up the coal.

edit on 1-1-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Youre making too much sense....a reply to: BlueJacket

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Ok ok I know what happen hear

He ment to say they should go mine bitcoin instead

He just got a little confused

U know it's hard for him with computers ever since the punch card went obsolete he still thinks programming is just punching holes on cards

Can't learn about that on Youtube any more, they banned hundreds of videos relating to cryptocurrency over christmas. With reasons such as inciting illegal activity and such poppycock. Some people had over 10 years worth insta-deleted.

They dont like crypto much

I remember some time ago reading all seized crypto was dumped on the market right at difficulty jumps to make it unprofitable

No idea if this is true just thing I heard from other miners

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join