It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affordable coffee grinders NOT made in China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Scapegrace

You poor guy, having to drink pre-ground coffee since your grinder broke.

I drink Hills Bros. medium roast out made out of a can. I like the taste of fresh ground coffee, but if I want good coffee I get some from a friend who buys and roasts his own beans directly from certain areas of the world. If I mix some of his ground coffee with my Hills Bros and it tastes great.

I used to have a coffee grinder, but I like my Hills Bros.

Yuck.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou
Learn how to make camp coffee.

Whole beans broken up with a stone, started in cold water over hot embers, boil until foaming begins, 90 seconds of foaming, remove from heat, fizzle cold water into pot.
Interesting. I thought about getting a mortar and pestle, but I found a grinder made in Japan.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I think we have the makings for one of those 'down on your luck' country songs here.

All that's missing for this hipster country ballad is the green livin' wife running off with the poodle and the hybrid truck breaking down.

Edit: Be a damn man, OP. Smash 'em and make camp coffee, FFS. A backpacker with a specialty grinder, lmfao.
The last laugh’s on you, pal. I found just what I was looking for, except it’s made in Japan instead of the USA (but at least not in China). Delicious coffee shall be mine again soon!

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The Snow Peak Field Barista Grinder is made in Japan and available at REI. I paid $97, including taxes and free shipping. It’s made for camping and weighs 12 ounces. Adjustable ceramic burr with folding handle. Made of stainless steel.

Thanks for all the info everyone. No more pre-ground crap for me. Huzzah! A one-kilo bag of organic, medium roast Ruta Maya shade-grown beans sits patiently on my kitchen counter.

edit on 2-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That last laugh, I'm still having it. Because you said this.

originally posted by: Scapegrace
The Snow Peak Field Barista Grinder is made in Japan and available at REI. I paid $97, including taxes and free shipping. It’s made for camping and weighs 12 ounces. Adjustable ceramic burr with folding handle. Made of stainless steel.

Thanks for all the info everyone. No more pre-ground crap for me. Huzzah! A one-kilo bag of organic, medium roast Ruta Maya shade-grown beans sits patiently on my kitchen counter.

Oh my god. You can count all the times you Done It on no fingers, can't you?
edit on 1/2/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Star for that. 😉

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
That last laugh, I'm still having it. Because you said this.

originally posted by: Scapegrace

Oh my god. You can count all the times you Done It on no fingers, can't you?
If you’re referring to the dirty deed, my friend, I have few regrets in that department and many fond memories. A preference for excellent coffee doesn’t nullify your manhood card. That kilo of great beans only set me back about $16, and it’ll last me a couple of weeks. A modest luxury just about anyone can afford.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join