It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobs for Americans thanks to ICE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
But actually your point is wrong. Here is why.

People need to build a resume and they need to show up at any job to do that.

Grape picker (to use a job that Trump wineries is importing labor for) isn't a ladder to any other job except perhaps for farm laborer. It's also a physically demanding job and you're more likely to be hurt on it. And it's not a job that's possible for someone raised in the city (being outside in the sun isn't that bad for us Texans, but I can guarantee that most city dwellers even here in Texas would have heat stroke trying to keep up with the work of picking crops in the sun.)

Show up, work hard and people will know it. But if instead you act like someone owes you a living, then people know that too about you. Simply have to take responsibility for your own lives people! Don't blame people for your own lack of motivation to succeed.

And I think you will find that people do. That's why they turn down these low wage, pay-by-the-piece jobs: they can't put food on the family's table and pay the rent at that rate. So they keep looking.

IT is about supply and demand and that is how the Corporate Fascists use the mass immigration concept to get cheap labor. They are not willing to do what is right by their employees and should be called out on it when it happens.

Yep. And they offer as little in pay and benefits as they can.

[quuote]If you are working at a chicken house and don't like it, get another job and find a way to get another skill. Those too lazy to try that are not trying.

In the case of the people in the article, there aren't a lot of jobs available anywhere. It would take a car and a long commute to get to a larger city (about 2 hours to get to any large city) and there's no guarantee of a job there. And that means you need to have enough money to buy a car and pay for the gas for your commute. If you're poor and Black, you and your family don't have that kind of resource.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Grape picker (to use a job that Trump wineries is importing labor for) isn't a ladder to any other job except perhaps for farm laborer. It's also a physically demanding job and you're more likely to be hurt on it. And it's not a job that's possible for someone raised in the city (being outside in the sun isn't that bad for us Texans, but I can guarantee that most city dwellers even here in Texas would have heat stroke trying to keep up with the work of picking crops in the sun.)

Show up, work hard and people will know it. But if instead you act like someone owes you a living, then people know that too about you. Simply have to take responsibility for your own lives people! Don't blame people for your own lack of motivation to succeed.

And I think you will find that people do. That's why they turn down these low wage, pay-by-the-piece jobs: they can't put food on the family's table and pay the rent at that rate. So they keep looking.

IT is about supply and demand and that is how the Corporate Fascists use the mass immigration concept to get cheap labor. They are not willing to do what is right by their employees and should be called out on it when it happens.

[quuote]If you are working at a chicken house and don't like it, get another job and find a way to get another skill. Those too lazy to try that are not trying.

I was a "go-for" at a car garage and later at an Environmental Analysis Lab learning my trade, where I would go for parts, tools or whatever they needed as a youth. Even though I worked my way thru school, I managed to earn scholarships. It was a longer road but I completed College by using that money I earned as a gofor to buy my books and help with room and board that my scholly didn't cover.

As I said repeatedly here, we all have to start with a resume. One recommendation from most any job will do if you show up and try hard. Employers are looking for a track record and if you will work hard for the job they need you to do. You guys are looking down on those beginner jobs and someone who is low skilled and aren't even realizing it with a form of soft bigotry. That people are too good to have a starting pay type job and work to improve themselves like centuries of humanity before us.

edit on 1-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

--[snip]--
If you're poor and Black, you and your family don't have that kind of resource.
--[snip]--

Just lost me there....how about leaving the racism part out of 'being poor'?

Speaking for myself, using such a summary comment is a worn out and flat tire.

I started off in high school doing finish out on new home construction (basically cleaning) and there were zero illegals. Many citizen workers came from up north migrating to Texas for work. There were INS roundups all the time with fines, so no one hired illegals. It was all races working just no illegals. Then it changed to under the table profiteering when laws were relaxed on illegals.

This was almost 40 years ago.

I went on into water engineering then to oil and gas. I paid my way working a crap job for the first degree. Later onto obtaining advanced degrees to find I was in classes full of grant recipients not from or born in the USA with no citizen/resident status...just here.

People of these United States lawfully here, will work if not under sold by illegals, do not be confused.

Racism is not the issue, it is an excuse.

mg

edit on 1-1-2020 by missed_gear because: spelling on phone

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

As I said repeatedly here, we all have to start with a resume.

Not if some people would rather be on the dole.

You guys are looking down on those beginner jobs and someone who is low skilled and aren't even realizing it with a form of soft bigotry. That people are too good to have a starting pay type job and work to improve themselves like centuries of humanity before us.

I don't know about Byrd but I have personally met people who have said they are too good for a starting pay type job. I'm just here telling you that those types of people exist, whether you agree with them or not.

ETA: And, also, that the story in the OP does nothing to actually change the situation. It is a drop in the bucket and a token action.

edit on 1-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Thank you for those observations. Clearly people don't want to look this for what it is. People here deserve a chance the leftist are killing those chances.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
People of these United States lawfully here, will work if not under sold by illegals, do not be confused.

That was actually the point being made.

Don't know why OP keeps saying that some of us don't want to see that when it has been the point all along.
edit on 1-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That was actually the point being made.

Don't know why OP keeps saying that some of us don't want to see that when it has been the point all along.

Now you are talking in circles my whole point was that posted by missed_gear.

That was why I started this OP. Waking up for real IS AN OPTION, if you will just take that next step. Kudos for getting it in this reply above.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Now you are talking in circles my whole point was that posted by missed_gear.

And Byrd pointed out that the "if" in missed_gear's statement means that it depends on the pay and that there are jobs that some americans will consider not worth the pay.

I then joined the discussion pointing out that these 680 deportations (with many returning soon) are not going change the fact that americans will continue to be undersold.

We even both quoted and agreed with your "IT is about supply and demand and that is how the Corporate Fascists use the mass immigration concept to get cheap labor."

Basically pointing out why the story in the OP is just a feel good piece while things stay the same. Waking up to that is waking up for real.
edit on 2-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
It was intended as a feel good for Americans and that is what it was for 99.99999% of the rest of America. No one else has said a peep about it was bad that I saw prior to a few leftist on ATS throwing shade for their team. I have been neutral for years after Leaving the D's once I saw they hated Black and other minorityh folks and in fact 100% ARE THE KU KLUX KLAN, still didn't vote R till now. I fell off the fence over the corruption in DC for the 2016 election. They prop up race hustlers to win the minority votes and use dead voters to get over the hump. It is Karma time.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
Empty feel good is still empty.

I must have missed those leftists you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Empty feel good is still empty.

I must have missed those leftists you are talking about.

It isnt empty to those with work now.

I sure do wonder about you on that for a fact.
edit on 2-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It occurs to me that some of you are willing to ignore that the choices people make in life do have outcomes. Sometimes we have to reevaluate a choice and change. Working low skill jobs really is a choice in America. You can improve your skill set and quit those type jobs or do without. That is the individuals choice.

edit on 2-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It isnt empty to those with work now.

I sure do wonder about you on that for a fact.

I wasn't talking about them I was talking about the "99.99999% of the rest of America" thinking that getting a few people jobs changes "how the Corporate Fascists use the mass immigration concept to get cheap labor".

That is the disconnect I mentioned earlier. You know that is how it works and yet you think 680 jobs is a game changer?
edit on 2-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It occurs to me that some of you are willing to ignore that the choices people make in life do have outcomes.

That is because you are misconstruing the arguments being made.

You can improve your skill set and quit those type jobs or do without.

Well, that is what Byrd said. That leads to jobs some people won't do.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

More specifically jobs for needy black Americans who wanted a job! The people who have a job sure sounded grateful for the ICE raids even tho the NYTimes tried to make them feel guilty in this article.

Turns out, Trump's "EVIL" ICE raids benifited American Workers

The Times got kudos for actually reporting the facts despite the spin attempt. ( I cant post Times story I have used my free reads for the year)

I have always believed a strong American economy paves the way for the rest of the world to progress out of the stone age. Some follow perhaps what will turn out to be a false religion to the point of using it as an excuse to rape and pillage and have the infidels/heathens eliminated and their culture which is all supposedly ordained by a god they believe exists. As a Christian we are to love and let God have vengeance only protecting people who can't protect themselves and not rape and pillage affairs. We all know we are to not do that for any reason it appalls me to see history reports bad deeds by all sides including so called Christians. Certainly the Spaniards practiced that hundreds of years ago after they threw off their oppressors who had done the same to them.

When one society comes to eliminate another it is either thru overwhelming them with War or infiltration to open the gates so to speak. I have no qualm with S Americans wanting to work but I do have a qualm with being not legal when they get the job over a legal citizen who deserves a chance to work too. Doubly important is the poor people know they can do it and they are shut out by employers gaming the system. Finally, someone has helped them have a chance.

I will finish with this. We have a Twitter thing going on now about
# it is ok to be White.

Well it is OK and it is OK to be whoever you are! It's OK to be Black, or Native American, or Asian decent. It's OK to b mixed race, in fact that is what God intended for us to be, one spirit of love as brother and sisters. Only seeing each others as a neighbor or even a future spouse I suppose. Someone needs to start a thread on that #.

I don't think understand your logic here
We have violent drug addict crackhead ganbanger thugs terroizing the community.........the immigrant community and you would rather have law enforcement resources spent questioning some random person where they were born

Everyone has the right to work in America
Whether they are here legally or not
If one speaks the language
Can communicate with their customers giving them what they paid for
Can perform their job safely and promptly
Is not a public safety or health threat
Is paid a fair wage for fair work
Was hired fairly based on what they bring to the table and not based on race sex language religion or national origin

Then what's the problem

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Graysen

But aren't we still looking at a class issue by targeting poor immigrants with punishment instead of the wealthy corporations that have been illegally exploiting cheap labor for decades?

I have no problem deporting people that are here illegally and are not contributing to society. But why do we continue to give a pass to those people that are the root cause for why these people are coming here in the first place?
Deporting someone for being here illegally is not punishment, it’s upholding our laws. I want all of our laws enforced. But I totally agree that employers of illegals should be heavily fined for each offense and jailed or imprisoned for egregious abuses. Many illegals would leave if employers were afraid to hire them.

That's bullcrap you can't starve millions of peoel from leaving

You will create a two world society
A black world empowered by drug addict ganbanger dealers who take advantage of immigrants

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

--[snip]--
If you're poor and Black, you and your family don't have that kind of resource.
--[snip]--

Just lost me there....how about leaving the racism part out of 'being poor'?

Speaking for myself, using such a summary comment is a worn out and flat tire.

I started off in high school doing finish out on new home construction (basically cleaning) and there were zero illegals. Many citizen workers came from up north migrating to Texas for work. There were INS roundups all the time with fines, so no one hired illegals. It was all races working just no illegals. Then it changed to under the table profiteering when laws were relaxed on illegals.

This was almost 40 years ago.

I went on into water engineering then to oil and gas. I paid my way working a crap job for the first degree. Later onto obtaining advanced degrees to find I was in classes full of grant recipients not from or born in the USA with no citizen/resident status...just here.

Racism is not the issue, it is an excuse.

mg

Newsflash the colleges you attended are backed up by taxpayer money from the federal government
With out that the colleges wouldn't exist in the first place

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

In the case of the people in the article, there aren't a lot of jobs available anywhere. It would take a car and a long commute to get to a larger city (about 2 hours to get to any large city) and there's no guarantee of a job there. And that means you need to have enough money to buy a car and pay for the gas for your commute. If you're poor and Black, you and your family don't have that kind of resource.

You mean live off the government with free FAFSA college money?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: johnvictor

You are over thinking it. People with jobs now that were seeking work had to have ICE evict the people who didn't belong and fine the company for hosing American citizens. All the unjustified to work in America have been driving down the price paid workers in the process and cutting out the people who deserve a chance. It is THAT SIMPLE.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join