It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobs for Americans thanks to ICE

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Justoneman

I have always believed a strong American economy paves the way for the rest of the world to progress out of the stone age.

The rest of the world is "in the stone age" ??? They have starbucks, McDonalds, KFC in Europe... Harley-Davidson moved to Asia....what more do you want?

Have you seen the Middle East or Afghanistan?

That looks like the Stone Age in some places. Barbarism of the stone age for certain!

Have you seen the tribes in the Jungle of S. America? I mean we can't ignore those things can we?

They like the Amish, probably just want to be left to their lifestyle in the end. They had no knowledge of being without things that the modern world 'needs'. We might be missing how content they seem to be and why?

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
They like the Amish, probably just want to be left to their lifestyle in the end. They had no knowledge of being without things that the modern world 'needs'. We might be missing how content they seem to be and why?

The world is much larger than the middle east and some isolated tribes in the amazon. Nobody is living in the stone age. Even the Amish have steel tools and people living off grid by choice usually have modern tech.

ETA: As for the thread topic. 680 jobs, meh. Had a friend who was deported and was back and at his same job in less than 2 weeks.
edit on 31-12-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

So you suggest we ignore the much smaller world then? Want to rethink that logic?
ETA

So, you still don't want to get it. I see.
edit on 31-12-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

So you suggest we ignore the much smaller world then? Want to rethink that logic?
ETA

So, you still don't want to get it. I see.

You might want to recheck your logic. Do the amish not using power tools mean the US is living in the stone age?

Who said they should be ignored? It is their choice to live however they want but it doesn't mean everyone else in their country is living the same way.

You said one thing (strong US economy needed to bring the world out of the stone age) and then you contradicted yourself saying, "That looks like the Stone Age in some places." in regards to the ME and some tribes in S. America when olaru12 asked the rhetorical question, "The rest of the world is "in the stone age" ???".

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Byrd

We really ALL can't get CEO as a job with all the bene's can we? I mean someone has to be starting out and someone has to earn a leadership role in most Corporations.

My point was that the jobs taken by these people are not desirable jobs... low wage (paid by the piece or the pound) and very hard labor. In many cases (construction, fruit pickers) the farmers and others HAVE advertised for Americans to come work but the pay is so low and the conditions so hard that nobody wants to work these jobs.

...except convicts and migrants (and I'm not kidding or slamming anyone. Check with folks in the construction and day labor trads.) Heck, I bet people with families reading this thread aren't preparing their kids to be grape pickers in a winery or dishwashers in a restaurant. And not many of them want their kids to be aides in nursing homes.

At one time those were trades that Americans wanted... but no longer.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Graysen

But aren't we still looking at a class issue by targeting poor immigrants with punishment instead of the wealthy corporations that have been illegally exploiting cheap labor for decades?

I have no problem deporting people that are here illegally and are not contributing to society. But why do we continue to give a pass to those people that are the root cause for why these people are coming here in the first place?

Ask the people running sanctuary cities/states.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

a reply to: Byrd

We really ALL can't get CEO as a job with all the bene's can we? I mean someone has to be starting out and someone has to earn a leadership role in most Corporations.

My point was that the jobs taken by these people are not desirable jobs... low wage (paid by the piece or the pound) and very hard labor. In many cases (construction, fruit pickers) the farmers and others HAVE advertised for Americans to come work but the pay is so low and the conditions so hard that nobody wants to work these jobs.

...except convicts and migrants (and I'm not kidding or slamming anyone. Check with folks in the construction and day labor trads.) Heck, I bet people with families reading this thread aren't preparing their kids to be grape pickers in a winery or dishwashers in a restaurant. And not many of them want their kids to be aides in nursing homes.

At one time those were trades that Americans wanted... but no longer.

But actually your point is wrong. Here is why.

People need to build a resume and they need to show up at any job to do that. Show up, work hard and people will know it. But if instead you act like someone owes you a living, then people know that too about you. Simply have to take responsibility for your own lives people! Don't blame people for your own lack of motivation to succeed.

If anyone thinks people are supposed to start at way higher wages, then you are mistaken. IT is about supply and demand and that is how the Corporate Fascists use the mass immigration concept to get cheap labor. They are not willing to do what is right by their employees and should be called out on it when it happens.

Whoever you are it is always up to you to make yourself worthy to have a job and the promotions or new jobs that improve your pay are rewards. If you are working at a chicken house and don't like it, get another job and find a way to get another skill. Those too lazy to try that are not trying.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Talk about the point going over your head. It doesn't matter what you think people should do. What they actually end up doing is all that matters and you end up shooting your point down with the following:

IT is about supply and demand and that is how the Corporate Fascists use the mass immigration concept to get cheap labor.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Well it is OK and it is OK to be whoever you are! It's OK to be Black, or Native American, or Asian decent. It's OK to b mixed race, in fact that is what God intended for us to be, one spirit of love as brother and sisters. Only seeing each others as a neighbor or even a future spouse I suppose. Someone needs to start a thread on that #.

It is ok to be white , and everything else in between.
I think there has been threads on it.. but we could always use another reminder.. brotherly love includes all races.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

It's OK to b mixed race, in fact that is what God intended for us to be,

edit on 31-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Talk about the point going over your head. It doesn't matter what you think people should do. What they actually end up doing is all that matters and you end up shooting your point down with the following:

IT is about supply and demand and that is how the Corporate Fascists use the mass immigration concept to get cheap labor.

We don't ignore the elephant in the room. These Fascist are using the Cabal. The people ICE removed are a cure for a symptom caused by the Cabal . Now people who wanted to make their own way and not take a gov plantation job that keeps them in poverty are working and that story had one incident of many.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Well it is OK and it is OK to be whoever you are! It's OK to be Black, or Native American, or Asian decent. It's OK to b mixed race, in fact that is what God intended for us to be, one spirit of love as brother and sisters. Only seeing each others as a neighbor or even a future spouse I suppose. Someone needs to start a thread on that #.

It is ok to be white , and everything else in between.
I think there has been threads on it.. but we could always use another reminder.. brotherly love includes all races.

Exactly and we look for content of character not color of skin in my house.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You still missed the point. Nobody is ignoring the elephant. The wage is low and not everyone will opt for a low paying job even if you feel they should especially if it is a dead end job.

The people removed might be back in less than a month.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

You still missed the point. Nobody is ignoring the elephant. The wage is low and not everyone will opt for a low paying job even if you feel they should especially if it is a dead end job.

The people removed might be back in less than a month.

meh!
It is unreasonable on your part to ignore a lot things we see you ignore on ATS
Specifically it seems to be you have been missing the points in this thread of
1) It is important to have a job, it is good for your psychological health.
2) People who don't belong in the US took jobs that other people from here wanted according to the story not a dead end for them but a beginning of a future in their situation.
3) No one starts at the top unless a Family member owns the place they work.

How leftist of people to belittle others having any job as opposed to sitting at home on welfare rotting.

Arrogance wasn't mentioned but it sure seems like leftist are arrogantly looking down their noses at those they feel are lesser than them or not on their fascist lovers level. No dignity allowed by that "class" of people supposedly.

But, if the people removed come back properly, fine with me. If the sneak back in, well they are criminals.
edit on 1-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

It is unreasonable on your part to ignore a lot things we see you ignore on ATS
Specifically it seems to be you have been missing the points in this thread of
1) It is important to have a job, it is good for your psychological health.
2) People who don't belong in the US took jobs that other people from here wanted according to the story not a dead end for them but a beginning of a future in their situation.
3) No one starts at the top unless a Family member owns the place they work.

But that wasn't the point Byrd was making so, while all that may be true, you still missed the point of their post, which was not the point of the thread.

How leftist of people to belittle others having any job as opposed to sitting at home on welfare rotting.

I didn't see any belittling. I saw someone say that some americans would turn their nose up at those jobs at those pay rates.

Arrogance wasn't mentioned but it sure seems like leftist are arrogantly looking down their noses at those they feel are lesser than them or not on their fascist lovers level. No dignity allowed by that "class" of people supposedly.

Maybe they are but that didn't have anything to do with the point that you missed.

But, if the people removed come back properly, fine with me. If the sneak back in, well they are criminals.

They are criminals but that doesn't change the fact that they may be back and still taking jobs.

You seem to have a hard time separating your opinion of how things should be to how they are, even when you give the reason of why they are that way. It seems to be quite a disconnect.
edit on 1-1-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: blueman12
So basically, some poor black folk got minimum wage jobs at a chicken factory after illegals left.

The big issue is that these are jobs most Americans don't want or refuse to take unless they're the last option available. Construction work for instance. Or dish washer at a restaurant. Farm workers (even Trump wineries used undocumented laborers www.rawstory.com...) grape pickers, etc.

Legal immigrants and green card workers also take jobs that aren't being filled by Americans... but these are often more skilled jobs (an immigrant I know worked as an anesthesiologist in a Houston hospital. She was an MD and anesthesiologist from France and was hired because of a shortage in the industry.) Many work in nursing jobs (again, a high demand job and very few American applicants.)

Oh I hate that lie.....jobs Americans wont do?

There has never been a job an American won do.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

It is apparent you are just not willing to accept the fact that ilegals were removed and people were glad to get those jobs. Pontificate away but that was the facts. WHo cares what some idiot thinks about jobs someone else claims are 'below' them. Resumes are built on the jobs you work not the ones you curl your nose up about and refuse to do.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Graysen

But aren't we still looking at a class issue by targeting poor immigrants with punishment instead of the wealthy corporations that have been illegally exploiting cheap labor for decades?

I have no problem deporting people that are here illegally and are not contributing to society. But why do we continue to give a pass to those people that are the root cause for why these people are coming here in the first place?
Deporting someone for being here illegally is not punishment, it’s upholding our laws. I want all of our laws enforced. But I totally agree that employers of illegals should be heavily fined for each offense and jailed or imprisoned for egregious abuses. Many illegals would leave if employers were afraid to hire them.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It is apparent you are just not willing to accept the fact that ilegals were removed and people were glad to get those jobs. Pontificate away but that was the facts.

Who said I don't accept it?

WHo cares what some idiot thinks about jobs someone else claims are 'below' them. Resumes are built on the jobs you work not the ones you curl your nose up about and refuse to do.

And:

Either way they are getting their cheap labor from among that class that the upper class, both left and right, "are arrogantly looking down their noses at".

It is estimated that half a million illegals enter the US every year. The story in the OP was about the deportation of 680. That is a small amount and my first hand experience tells me it is an empty win because many illegals do return.

There can be more than one fact to a situation.

posted on Jan, 1 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

But actually your point is wrong. Here is why.

People need to build a resume and they need to show up at any job to do that.

Grape picker (to use a job that Trump wineries is importing labor for) isn't a ladder to any other job except perhaps for farm laborer. It's also a physically demanding job and you're more likely to be hurt on it. And it's not a job that's possible for someone raised in the city (being outside in the sun isn't that bad for us Texans, but I can guarantee that most city dwellers even here in Texas would have heat stroke trying to keep up with the work of picking crops in the sun.)

Show up, work hard and people will know it. But if instead you act like someone owes you a living, then people know that too about you. Simply have to take responsibility for your own lives people! Don't blame people for your own lack of motivation to succeed.

And I think you will find that people do. That's why they turn down these low wage, pay-by-the-piece jobs: they can't put food on the family's table and pay the rent at that rate. So they keep looking.

IT is about supply and demand and that is how the Corporate Fascists use the mass immigration concept to get cheap labor. They are not willing to do what is right by their employees and should be called out on it when it happens.

Yep. And they offer as little in pay and benefits as they can.

[quuote]If you are working at a chicken house and don't like it, get another job and find a way to get another skill. Those too lazy to try that are not trying.

In the case of the people in the article, there aren't a lot of jobs available anywhere. It would take a car and a long commute to get to a larger city (about 2 hours to get to any large city) and there's no guarantee of a job there. And that means you need to have enough money to buy a car and pay for the gas for your commute. If you're poor and Black, you and your family don't have that kind of resource.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join